main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Top Ten Jedi/Sith Rankings

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by MasterXanatos, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    I'm gonna do this again

1. Luke Skywalker
    2. Darth Sidious 9 only because of Dark Empire, if it were ROTS he'd be #4
    3. Yoda
    4. Mace Windu
    5. Revan
    6. Exar Kun
    7. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    8. Darth Vader (not Anakin)
    9. Anakin Skywalker
    10. The Exile

2. jedi_jacks

jedi_jacks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    heres my revised edition:
    1) jedi master yoda
    by a long shot, then
    2) master darth plagueis
    3) master mace windu
    4) master darth sidious
    hmmmmm, this is where it gets tough
    5) darth maul
    6) jedi knight anakin skywalker
    he obviously had the highest potential
    7) darth tyrannus
    8) master obi-wan kenobi
    9) master qui-gon jinn
    x) jedi knight luke skywalker
    after some thought, luke might be able to take out master ki-adi-mundi and he did save the galaxy

my rankings here are heavily weighted by lightsaber ability, although for most jedi and sith this isnt the most important thing, i know

3. kable54

kable54 Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2004

someone needs to work through the last 20 pages of this thread, taking everyones lists into account, and mathamatically determine what 'the rankings' are from everyones opions.

someone with a lot of time and love.

4. jedi_jacks

Jul 17, 2005
    naaah, they could just take my list! :D

no that is a good idea, kable54.

5. COMMANDER76

COMMANDER76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    Power rankings:

1. Master Yoda (The very definition of,"The Total Package". he never loses an inch and forces the enemy to use force powers to gain distance for a hope of survival, he is tops in lightsaber skill and force powers combined)

2. Darth Sidious (he cuts threw 3 jedi masters in less than 20 seconds and can clearly be seen passing on death blows in the Windu fight early on....a mistake that costs him later on as the tables turn. his lightsaber skill is high, not supreme.....but his force powers are second to none in the entire PT)

3. Master Mace Windu (his skill is modified by his exceptional physical strength and his battle experience...his Vaapad style brings Darth Sidious to his knees before him....before betrayal steps in. his lightsaber skill and force ability is on par with Master Yoda's, but not superior to)

4. Anakin Skywalker (his god-like skill is only held in check by his arrogance...he dictates his duel with Kenobi and displays superior power...and a lack of wisdom. he has the potential to be the greatest force user in history and bring balance to the force.....he accomplishes the later)

5. Luke Skywalker (he suffers from not even being trained in lightsaber arts, but instead in force concepts and powers alone. yet he proves that the force really does control a jedi's flow in a fight. he has good technique modified by un-naturally high force sensitivity. this makes him better with a lightsaber, and have a better understanding of the living force almost every minute of every hour without even practicing)

6. Darth Tyrannus (he employs the best of both worlds...being trained by Master Yoda, he has exceptional technique, pacing, and footwork. being trained by Darth Sidious he has high level sith force powers that allow him to gain distance from mulitple or superior attackers. his lightsaber skill is very high and combined with his force powers and experience he is Sith Lord material)

7. Obi-Wan Kenobi (his skill is modified by his wisdom making him much more challenging than expected at his age...only deeply experienced and spiritual jedi masters and hardened sith lords can hope to gain advantages. his lightsaber skill is rooted in defence and is said to be unbreakable, his command of the force as a whole is where you see his growth potential)

8. Darth Maul (his style shows Darth Sidious is indeed a great teacher...as it demonstrates that Sidious is deadly with any manner of lightsaber. Maul's technique is excellent, however his defence is disapointing as he allows his lightsager hilt to be split rather easily by a then Padawan Kenobi. Still Darth Maul is very very young and as such his experience must be taken into account. high lightsaber skill combined with an unknown amount of force powers)

9. Qui Gon Ginn (he has good technique and solid defence, but has not figured a way to add his tremendous wisdom and spirituality as a modifier...this puts him at a disadvantage against any jedi or sith that has better offence or defence. his lightsaber and force command skills suggests that he meditates more than practices........he found "immortality" first among the modern Jedi of his era as a result)

6. COMMANDER76

Mar 12, 2005
    Lightsaber only rankings:

1. Master Yoda (The very definition of,"The Total Package". he never loses an inch and forces the enemy to use force powers to gain distance for a hope of survival. Yoda is near the top in Lightsaber skill AND Force powers)

2. Darth Sidious (he cuts threw 3 jedi masters in less than 20 seconds and can clearly be seen passing on a death blow in the Windu fight. His Force mastery is unmatched because he clouds his opponents use of the Force, but has a slight lightsaber weakness in defence of Vaapad)

3. Master Mace Windu (his skill is modified by his exceptional physical strength, battle experience, and rare mastery of Jedi lightsaber form seven Vaapad...he is on par with Master Yoda and Darth Sidious power wise, but is superior to Darth Sidious and Master Yoda in lightsaber combat when facing Darkside opponents)

4. Anakin Skywalker (his god-like skill is only held in check by his arrogance...he dictates his duel with Kenobi and displays superior power...and a lack of wisdom)

5. Darth Maul (his style shows Darth Sidious is indeed a great teacher...as it demonstrates that Sidious is deadly with any manner of lightsaber. Maul's technique is excellent, however his defence is disapointing as he allows his lightsager hilt to be split rather easily by a then Padawan Kenobi. Still Darth Maul is very very young and as such his experience must be taken into account)

6. Darth Tyrannus (he employs the best of both worlds...being trained by Master Yoda, he has exceptional technique, pacing, and footwork. being trained by Darth Sidious he has high level sith force powers that allow him to gain distance from mulitple or superior attackers)

7. Obi-Wan Kenobi (his skill is modified by his wisdom making him much more challenging than expected at his age...only deeply experienced and spiritual jedi masters and hardened sith lords can hope to gain advantages)

8. Luke Skywalker (he suffers from not even being trained in lightsaber arts, but instead in force concepts and powers alone. yet he proves that the force really does control a jedi's flow in a fight. he has good technique modified by un-naturally high force sensitivity. this makes him better with a lightsaber almost every minute of every hour without even practicing)

9. Qui Gon Ginn (he has good technique and solid defence, but has not figured a way to add his tremendous wisdom and spirituality as a modifier...this puts him at a disadvantage against any jedi or sith that has better offence or defence)

7. MaceWindu_is_GOD

MaceWindu_is_GOD Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    Wassup C76??

I'm surprised you put Sidious above Mace.

Very interesting;)

[face_peace]

8. jedi_jacks

Jul 17, 2005
    yea c76, i am a little surprised by that, but i really agree with your rankings for the most part.

what i cant believe is that some people ranked sidious above yoda, not in lightsaber ability i would say, eh MWIG.

i imagine yoda is relentless, never underestimating an opponent, slowly and almost unstoppably edging to victory. sidious was afraid for good reason, yoda rocks! yea, i am yoda-biased fo' sure.

EDIT: i wish they had a poll that could rank the top 10 jedi/sith, id like to see that!

9. MaceWindu_is_GOD

May 26, 2005
    what i cant believe is that some people ranked sidious above yoda, not in lightsaber ability i would say, eh MWIG.

Well there is a reason why Yoda gave up at the end against Sidious.

I do admit that Yoda is the only one that gave Sidious a run for his money but at the end..well you know.

As for Mace...he is still one of the most powerful. I never said that Sidious was toying with him.

Palpatine just had a different agenda with him. And that's to finally get Anakin and to frame the Jedi Order.

The Palpatine that Mace fought was the same Palpatine that said:

"I love the republic and I love democracy. The power you give me I will lay down while this crisis has abeited."

"Do it for me, M'Lady. The thought of losing you
    is unbearable."

"It is a great gift to see you alive, Your Majesty"

While the Sith Master that Yoda fought was the one that says this:

"Your feebly skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side."

"Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design."

"Viceroy, I don't want that stunted slime in my sight again."

Do you guys really think Sidious would be so cocky against Yoda if he almost lost his life to Mace moments ago??? And this time Ani is not there to save him.

I thought so.

10. COMMANDER76

Mar 12, 2005
    MaceWindu_is_GOD

Date Posted: 10:36am Subject: RE: Top Ten Jedi/Sith Rankings
    Wassup C76??

I'm surprised you put Sidious above Mace.

Very interesting

well.........even though the film portrayed a sidious loss to mace.....i still think that overall if they fight say 100 times or so.....that sidious will win the majority 60/40. i tend to believe that mace was just a tiny bit better on that one day......as i also believe that yoda is a tiny bit better than sidious as well.

the sith have their emotions and passions to fuel them.....thats why lucas gives them the edge overall, but take into account he's also basing that on the jedi's inability to see events clearly and use the force accordingly in the PT and luke's lack of training in the OT. if a fully trained jedi with no restrictions uses his supreme focus to counter sith passion....IMO i give the jedi the edge. (think ob1 v anakin: mustafar)

11. jedi_jacks

Jul 17, 2005
    we never get to see the part of the fight where sidious loses his saber to yoda (i assume). i like to think yoda just removes the saber a la anakin with dooku, with ease and flare.
    :D

12. MaceWindu_is_GOD

May 26, 2005
    1. Master Yoda (The very definition of,"The Total Package". he never loses an inch and forces the enemy to use force powers to gain distance for a hope of survival. Yoda is near the top in Lightsaber skill AND Force powers)

2. Darth Sidious (he cuts threw 3 jedi masters in less than 20 seconds and can clearly be seen passing on a death blow in the Windu fight. His Force mastery is unmatched because he clouds his opponents use of the Force, but has a slight lightsaber weakness in defence of Vaapad)

3. Master Mace Windu (his skill is modified by his exceptional physical strength, battle experience, and rare mastery of Jedi lightsaber form seven Vaapad...he is on par with Master Yoda and Darth Sidious power wise, but is superior to Darth Sidious and Master Yoda in lightsaber combat when facing Darkside opponents)

by C76

WoW C76!!! Your almost there.

Now why would Palpatine pass on a death blow to Mace???

Hmmm.

Palpatine has been planting seeds before the Mace duel and then him COINCIDENTALLY at Mace's mercy is where those SEEDS had finally blossomed.

Very interesting[face_thinking]

[face_peace]

13. COMMANDER76

Mar 12, 2005
    i see where this is going Master MWIG, but i think you need to regroup....lol....my stance in that particular thread was anything but the norm for a NO voter. i tend to believe that sidious started out to use windu a little bit to further add to his cause, but during the duel sidious lost control of the situation and the timing aspect....if only for a few seconds. in any event even if i feel sidious was prolonging the fight with windu......the second that windu's unexpected kick shatters sidious' defenses forcing him to the ground unarmed.......the NO vote is justified.

i've given sidious his credit this whole time regarding his skills and forsight........its a shame others cannot extend the same to windu. lol....change your screen name sir.

14. TheChoosenOne82

TheChoosenOne82 Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 2005
    i can't get why people put luke ontop. Luke is not more powerful than anakin. He is more powerful than Vader only in the last episode ROTJ. Luke can never be potentially as powerfull as anakin could have been. He in a sense is a demigod. born from a human and the supernatural. The only thing which makes him be noticable is that he brought anakin back which no one could have done.

15. DARTHDRAKE16

DARTHDRAKE16 Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2005
    1)DARTH SIDIOUS
    2)LUKE SKYWALKER
    3)DARTH VADER
    4)YODA
    5)DARTH TYRANNUS
    6)OBI-WAN KENOBI
    7)DARTH MAUL
    8)QUI-GON JINN
    9)MARA JADE
    10)MACE WINDU

16. COMMANDER76

Mar 12, 2005
    its a sad day where the guy you beat gets ranked number 1 and you get ranked 10 out of 10....lmao[face_laugh]

17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    [image=http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3882/pdvd0113cv0ts.jpg]

I'd say it wouldn't be too tough for Sids to have offed Old Purple right here.

18. COMMANDER76

Mar 12, 2005
    glad you brought that up.......notice how sidious' arm is FULLY extended already there........i mean unless his father was Inspector Gadget....i'd say mace was safely OUT of his reach....wouldn't you???

19. MaceWindu_is_GOD

May 26, 2005
    I'd say it wouldn't be too tough for Sids to have offed Old Purple right here.

by Heels1785

glad you brought that up.......notice how sidious' arm is FULLY extended already there........i mean unless his father was Inspector Gadget....i'd say mace was safely OUT of his reach....wouldn't you???

by C76

Well Palpatine could have not off Mace after that PIC..but before that is when Palpy could had off Old Purple.

But chose not to. Instead of going forward with his whole body he just held his saber out.

20. COMMANDER76

Mar 12, 2005
    and mace's defences played NO part of this scenario MWIG......you're saying it was ALL sidious' doing.....that he could have made it a 5 second match or a 50 minute match if he so chose???

wow

that would make sidious at least 100% stronger than mace windu IMHO

21. MaceWindu_is_GOD

May 26, 2005
    LOL. I did not say Palps is 100% more powerful than Mace.

But you did say it yourself C76, that Palpatine had passed on that death blow.

IMHO, Yoda was giving it his all and still he could not accomplish what Mace did SO EASILY to Sidious.

That could mean 2 things:

1. Mace is way above everyone else.

or

2. Palpatine had a different agenda for that SO CALLED DUEL.

22. farrellg

farrellg Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2005
    C76, I'm surprised you ranked Yoda as #1 in Power. I thought you referred to the Emperor as the most powerful force user (but not the greatest swordsman) in other threads.

23. MacetheCouncillor

MacetheCouncillor Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    He was fully extended and you know it. When you already are fully extended, you can't really make an awfully fast stab.

24. COMMANDER76

Mar 12, 2005
    farrellg

Date Posted: 4:35pm Subject: RE: Top Ten Jedi/Sith Rankings
    C76, I'm surprised you ranked Yoda as #1 in Power. I thought you referred to the Emperor as the most powerful force user (but not the greatest swordsman) in other threads.

the emperor is the strongest in the saga overall, but that is taking into account that the PT jedi are all operating under a sith cloud 95% of the time.........IMO a fully focused and prepared yoda/mace edges out sidious every time.

see what i mean?

25. MaceWindu_is_GOD

May 26, 2005
    He was fully extended and you know it. When you already are fully extended, you can't really make an awfully fast stab.

Of course he was.

It's what Palpatine could have done BEFORE.

And not DURING OR AFTER.

Mace missed with a swing...all Palpy had to do was to lean with his whole body on that WIDE OPENING but he did not, for THAT SO CALLED DUEL IS ALL FOR ANAKIN.

Being at Mace's mercy has led to:

-Anakin finally joining him.

-Executing Order 66 for an executing ATTEMPT by the Jedi

-Turning his Republic into his new Empire for security that the executing Jedi had caused.

Coincidence.

I don't think so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.