main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Top Ten Jedi/Sith Rankings

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by MasterXanatos, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COMMANDER76

COMMANDER76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    and what was mace supposed to do while palps was leaning in MWIG??? smoke a final cigar??? lol....nah he would have parried that move the same as all the rest. they were locked in a master battle of strategy and wits.....though i sense palps was prolonging for later.......absolutely NOTHING on-screen supports that stance. its a point you cannot defend my old friend.

2. MaceWindu_is_GOD

MaceWindu_is_GOD Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    and what was mace supposed to do while palps was leaning in MWIG??? smoke a final cigar???

Well obviously he did nothing for if he did not do anything when Palpy extended his saber on his chest then it would be the same here.

Didn't you say that Palpy passed on a death blow at Mace??

Where was that may I ask C76?

If he would have parried that move then why did not he parried it when Palps did that move to his chest???

Mace was even shock that Palpy's lightsaber got through.

So if Paly was going for the kill then that was the moment.

3. COMMANDER76

Mar 12, 2005
    i saw a chance for sidious to run mace through very early in the duel....actually when all 4 jedi were still upright, but sidious chose to fight mace last rather than use the cover of another master to hide a death blow........and IMO that mistake later costs him.

wouldn't it have been easier to use kit fisto to turn anakin than mace??? i mean kit fisto is like a pussycat compared to mace......and since IYO its all fake anyway....why not take the safe bet???

4. MaceWindu_is_GOD

MaceWindu_is_GOD Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    Well I really think Palpy was probably trying to kill Mace and save one of the other lesser masters for later to seduce Ani.

But since Mace is no slouch in the power department, he did not get killed on that Matrix move that Palpy did unlike the rest of his posse.

But either way, Palpy has to be the victim at the end.

For him to finally get Anankin, blame the Jedi for treason, and to make an Empire for a more secure society.

5. yaddidameen

yaddidameen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2005
    come on you two, this isn't the thread for that. ;)

masters should be setting an example. [face_shame_on_you]

seriously though, i think the top three on the list

1.sidious
    2.yoda
    3.anakin

should not logically b any lower than this, though i still believe a case could be made for yoda going one, but i have yet to come across a convincing arguement.

i also believe that mace could be, and i mean COULD be number 3, though i would need to hear good cause before i place him at three.

6. jedi_jacks

jedi_jacks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    yaddidameen
    i also believe that mace could be, and i mean COULD be number 3, though i would need to hear good cause before i place him at three.

uh, 'cause GL said so, hows that for a reason? ooops, that was unduely harsh! i just miss the ol' thread! i wanna jump in too, but id get slammed for sure, lol. (thinking of how long sidious held his saber to mace windu's chest and the confused expression of mace windu's face. we cant know for sure how deadly it was, but it looked deadly) nice to see MWIG and C76 go at it and it did hav to do with the rankings.
    very happy! :) nite everyone!

7. yaddidameen

yaddidameen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2005
    yea a little harsh, considering anakin is mentioned in the same quote as mace, as one of the few beings that could hang with sidious, but hey whatever, leave out things that put a dent in your arguement sure, why the hell not. ;)

their discussion was heading in the wrong direction. slowly but surely going into the yes vs no vote abyss that consumes all life.

what was your point? or was your purpopse simply to be a smarta$$? i just thought i'd give my opinion on the matter.

8. DARTHDRAKE16

DARTHDRAKE16 Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2005
    you really believe mace had sidious beat, he has unlimited power.

9. yoda900

yoda900 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Well, I did a chart for the first 2 entire pages of the thread, and that was enough work for one day. lol

anyway, I wrote each character's name, what rank they were in each single post and I got anywhere from 20-30 times they were ranked (as sometimes people only put 4-5 names, or 8, or whatever. I didn't include anyone who was on the list less then 20 times out of those.

I added up the total rank of each character divided by the number of times their name appeared, so it was slightly diffrent for each, just to make it fair. I would take the average and lowest score is the highest ranked character, and the highest score is thhe lowest ranked of the top 10.
    Also, if someone listed both anikin and vader as sepreate entities, or old obiwan and young obiwan as seperate or whatever, I just added up the 2 ranks and divided by 2 for that particular post as the final rank for the character on that partiuclar post. See how this gets confusing. lol

I got the following averages of rank for each person.

Yoda- 2.17857
    Sidious- 2.634615
    Anikin- 3.433333
    Mace- 3.461
    Obiwan- 4.7888
    Maul- 6
    Luke- 6.075
    Dooku- 6.5
    Qui-Gon Jin- 8.17

Also
    number of times ranked number
    1. Yoda- 7, Sids- 7, Mace -8, anikin -6, QGJ- 1 Luke -1
    2. yoda -12 Sids -8 Mace -1 Anikin -5
    3. Yoda - 7 sids- 7 Mace- 2 Anikin- 4 Obiwan -1, Maul -1

Someone also had Leia ranked at number 5 for various reasons, but I didn't count her since she was only listed once. Reason, luke's twin or something.
    Yoda had the highest number of 1s except for Mace but mace ranks way lower overall Sids, is tied for number ones
    Yoda has 50% more 2's then Sids
    Yoda is tied for number 3 with sids, as far as just number of times ranked 1,2 and 3.

But going with the numbers up there.

1. Yoda
    2. Sidious
    3. Anikin
    4. Mace
    5. Obiwan
    6. Darth Maul
    7. Luke
    8. Dukoo
    9. Qui- gon Jin
    10. Whoever you want it to be.

Only luke and QGJ had less then 26, Luke had 20, QGJ had 23. Yoda and Ani both with 28, and everyone else has exactly 26 time appearing
    a sample size of 25 is usualy considered a very good sample size.

However, if someone feels like going throught the next 75 pages, be my guest.
    :)
    Oh, I also threw out lists that were full of silliness, like Ranking lord of the Rings characrs or saying that bboba fett is ahead of Yoda or stuff like that.

So Far looks like Yoda is winning
    By the way, i saw Grevious on there maybe 10-15 times as 9 or 10 at times, but I don't consider him becasue he is nither a jedi nor a sith,and not really a force user. He is just an amazing mechanical machine that moves so fast and carries 4 lightsabres that it nearly mateches the jedi, but I say he is more of a bounty hunter type even thogh he is a general.

yoda wins so far.
    Sids is a near 2nd.
    Luke and Maul are almost equal for their spot, but Maul wins by a hair.

10. -maynard-

-maynard- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    good work. im clearly in the minority as i have Qui-Gon #1 and Luke #2

11. COMMANDER76

Mar 12, 2005
    somebody ranked leia 5??? wow.....they MUST have episodes 7-9......lol

12. yoda900

yoda900 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Thanks,

I mean technically, It would get more accurate if I got every single post, but that could take me a month [face_hypnotized]

The reason was something to do not with 7-9, but the fact she must be force sensitve as her bro, and has the same potnential.
    something along those lines.

13. COMMANDER76

Mar 12, 2005
    lol...much like the way the NBA looks at high schoolers we seem to be resorting to "potential" over accomplishments when constructing these lists.

its the 1st amendment though......

14. casbairosai

casbairosai Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2005
    ~Top 5 Sith~
    1. Darth Sidious~ Strongest sith next to Darth Plageous who as we now know can stop people from dying (now thats power!)
    2. Darth Vader~ He may not have force lightning but he was able to do more things than Dooku
    3. Darth Tyranus~ He had skill but not as much as Vader
    4. Greivous~ Some may say he's not exactly Sith but he still had skill. even though obi wooped his ass
    5. Maul~ He was good at dueling but when it came to know what Obi Wan was planning to do with Jinns saber he was clueless and he practically killed himself with obis help.

~Top 5 Jedi~
    1. Yoda~ Old, Kinda crippled, bad grammer, best ass kicker of all time
    2. Obi Wan~ a survivor
    3. Luke~ same reasons THX1067 gave
    4. Qui-Gon~ battled till he couldnt. he backed himself up
    5. Anakin~ He may have skill but ya know he turned tothe dark side and obi wan chopped his ass up

15. DarthJuggalo

DarthJuggalo Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2005
    Since its the episode 3 boards I'm just gonna list jedi/sith from RotS.

Force Power:
    1. Yoda (Has more knowledge of the force than anyone just due to his age and experience.)

2. Darth Sidious (His knowledge of the force is only surpassed by Yoda. Total mastery of the darkside.)

3. Darth Tyrannus (Former Jedi turned Sith. Has vast knowledge of both the lightside and the darkside. Trained by the absolute masters of each side of the force.)

4. Anakin Skywalker (The chosen one. Thought to be a spawn of the force itself. Only exceeded by Yoda, Sidious, and Tyrannus because of age and experience.)

5. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Master of the chosen one. What he lacks in raw power is made up by hs resourcefulness and wisdom. The force seems to favor him when in dire straights.)

6. Mace Windu (Known for his lightsaber skills, Mace seems to focus on perfecting his dangerous saber style more than his knowledge of the force. Has a keen ability to see the true nature of things in the galaxy.)

Lightsaber skill:

1. Anakin Skywalker (When clear minded and focused, he is unmathced with a blade.)

2. Mace Windu (Master of the deadly and dangerous style of Vapaad. Not many can match him with a lightsaber.)

3. Yoda (Very unpredictable and furious style. More focused on knowledge of the fore than lightsaber combat.)

4. Dooku ( One of the galaxies top duelists. Said to be bested by the 3 individuals ranked above him. Classic saber style. Graceful and efficient.)

5. Obi Wan ( Nearly perfect defense. Master at counter attacks and capitalizing on others mistakes. Very high survivability.)

6. Darth Sidious (Very effecient and versitile style. can be effective against any other style. Lacks actual combat experience with a blade.)

Overall:

1. Yoda (Has got it all.)

2. Anakin Skywalker (Would rival Yoda with more experience and control.)

3. Mace Windu (With more knowledge of the force Mace could possibly be 1 or 2.)

4. Darth Sidious ( Due to his reclusiveness, his saber skill is lacking but is made up by his mastery of the darkside.)

5. Darth Tyrannus ( Skillful saber style and knowledge of lightside and darkside make him formidable but not enough to handle the first 4.)

6. Obi-Wan Kenobi ( His defense with a saber is unmatched but he seems to be a sucker against force powers.)

Obviously these are all opinions, and it reflects how I feel today. Ask me tomorrow and my list may be different. But all in all I think its pretty accurate.

16. Chosen_One1

Chosen_One1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    ^^^^Very nice list=D=

17. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Also
    number of times ranked number
    1. Yoda- 7, Sids- 7, Mace -8, anikin -6, QGJ- 1 Luke -1
    2. yoda -12 Sids -8 Mace -1 Anikin -5
    3. Yoda - 7 sids- 7 Mace- 2 Anikin- 4 Obiwan -1, Maul -1

That's really interesting. People either think Mace is super-bad*** or they don't think he belongs in the top three. I would guess that which side of the fence they are depends greatly on what they think about the legitimacy of Mace's disarming of Palpatine. (I'm not going to say defeat, I don't want to offend anyone)

18. Scorch62Delta

Scorch62Delta Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 5, 2005
    I will base this on the prequels only and with Anakin/Vader pre-injuries

Lightsaber Skills

1) Anakin/Darth Vader
    2) Mace Windu
    3) Yoda
    4) Palpatine/Sidious
    5) Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus
    6) Obi-Wan
    7) Darth Maul
    8) Qui-Gon

Force Powers

1) Sidious
    2) Yoda
    3) Dooku
    4) Anakin/Darth Vader
    5) Obi-Wan
    6) Qui-Gon
    7) Darth Maul
    8) Mace Windu

Wisdom

1) Qui-Gon
    2) Yoda
    3) Obi-Wan
    4) Sidious
    5) Dooku
    6) Mace Windu
    7) Anakin/Darth Vader
    8) Darth Maul

19. LINQ0311

LINQ0311 Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2005
    Scorch62Delta posted:

I will base this on the prequels only and with Anakin/Vader pre-injuries

Lightsaber Skills

1) Anakin/Darth Vader
    2) Mace Windu
    3) Yoda
    4) Palpatine/Sidious
    5) Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus
    6) Obi-Wan
    7) Darth Maul
    8) Qui-Gon

Force Powers

1) Sidious
    2) Yoda
    3) Dooku
    4) Anakin/Darth Vader
    5) Obi-Wan
    6) Qui-Gon
    7) Darth Maul
    8) Mace Windu

Wisdom

1) Qui-Gon
    2) Yoda
    3) Obi-Wan
    4) Sidious
    5) Dooku
    6) Mace Windu
    7) Anakin/Darth Vader
    8) Darth Maul
    [hr]

I probably like this one the best. Not just for your rankings, but for the categories. Pretty hard to argue against. I definitely agree with Darth Maul being at the bottom for Wisdom. Too bad, he sure was great with that saber! I don't know if I would have put Mace at the bottom of Force Powers though. He was a Master, so that leads me to believe that he must have great force powers, I think we probably just did not get to see them in action because it was not convenient for the scenes Lucas wanted.

Overall an awesome list though.

20. jedi_jacks

jedi_jacks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    LINQ0311, u should evaluate my list. ;)
    dont worry, i can take it, so dish it out if you want!

21. jedi_prime

jedi_prime Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2005
    Whoa!!! Maul and all those others above LUKE?
    [fanboy] How could you possibly think that? Luke defeated Vader, and handily...Luke destroyed the Death Star, brought about an end to the Empire, etc...etc...etc... He is the Lucasian version of the supreme hero...the ultimate Jedi, and so on...[/fanboy]

That just ticks me off... As much as I love the movies, all the PT serves to do is diminish Luke's role. BLAH!

22. Darth_Froschler

Darth_Froschler Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 13, 2004
    1.Yoda/Palpatine
    2.Mace Windu
    3.Anakin Skywalker
    4.Count Dooku
    5.Obi-Wan Kenobi
    6.Luke Skywalker
    7.Darth Vader (ot)
    8.Darth Maul
    9.Qui-Gon Jinn
    10.Ki-Adi Mundi

23. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    1) Yoda
    2) Darth Sidious
    3) Anakin (Pre-suit)
    4) Mace
    5) Dooku
    6) Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS)
    7) Darth Vader
    8) Darth Maul
    9) Qui-Gon Jinn
    10) Luke Skywalker (ROTJ)

24. DarkKinght

DarkKinght Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2005

ur an idiot Yoda taught obi-one how to retain consciousness after death and yoda knew how to do it but their was no one els who did so he had know one to talk too.

1. Anakin Skywalker (Are you people blind? He killed Dukoo with ease, Obi-One was fending for his life against him the whole fight, and Anakin killed who knows how many Jedi in the Temple like it was a cake walk. Hell when you see his holographic image of his slaughter fest hes holding a jedi by the throat and killing two others standing still. Even Palpatine says hes the best, not in those exact words.)

2. Yoda (Dukoo almost looks afraid when hes fighting him and he had palpatine against the ropes till he busted out force powers on him)

3. Mace Windu ( He beat Sidious with ease and i dont think he let him win cause Anakin wasnt their when the fight began and i doubt the Emperor would chance his life on Anakin showing up at the right moment to stop Windu from impaling his ass.)

4. Dukoo (whips obi's ass twice and survived Yoda)

5. Sidious (killed the jedi when they tried to arrest him and held Yoda off less then even Dukoo did with saber skills)

6. Luke (takes Vader down)

7. Darth Maul (kills Qui Gon easily)

8. Obi-One (beats Maul,Grevious and Anakin with his head luck and
    average saber skills)

9. Qui-Gon (has good form but is impaled easily without any assistance from Obi-One)

25. DarthTornado

DarthTornado Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2004
    Hmm... well, my list will be a combination of force power and lightsaber abilities.

1. Anakin Skywalker (darkside and thinking clearly, but not mechanical Vader)
    When Dooku pissed him off, Anakin won the fight within twenty seconds roughly and Dooku is supposed to be one of the best duelists the Jedi Order had ever created. Sure, Obi-Wan beat him, but that's only because Anakin let his anger and greed get in the way. He had been owning Obi-Wan pretty much the whole duel.

2. Darth Sidious
    Well, he killed three Jedi in three seconds. Actions speak louder than words. While I don't think Anakin would have destroyed him, I certainly don't think Sidious would have won the battle. I mean, instead of trying to fight Yoda with a saber, he cheated and used force lightning to throw him off.

3. Yoda
    Extremely powerful force user, but in my book he's not much of a duelist, which is why he's number three. I mean, he's hailed as one of the greatest sword fighters ever, but he loses to Sidious, and fights to a stand-off against Dooku (who Anakin beat easily).

4. Mace Windu
    I think if he had been a little smarter, waited, and taken some of the more supreme Jedi like Yoda or Obi-Wan to arrest the Chancellor, he probably would have won. Powerful, and pretty good with a lightsaber makes him my fourth pick.

5. Count Dooku
    I don't really know what to say. I only rank him this high because he beat Obi-Wan twice, I've never thought much of Luke, and he's stronger in the force than Darth Maul, who beat Qui-Gon.

6. Darth Maul
    He would have killed Obi-Wan if he wasn't such a moron, and he did beat Qui-Gon, so he takes number six here.

7. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    He's smart, and a good defensive duelist, but in my opinion a lot of his success comes from luck. He was lucky that Darth Maul was a moron, he was lucky that Anakin saved him in AOTC, and he was lucky that Anakin acted like a dumbass in ROTS.

8. Qui-Gon Jinn
    Well, he lost to Darth Maul, who was killed by Obi-Wan, who lost to Count Dooku twice, who was destroyed by Anakin. Hence, he receives the eighth spot.

9. Luke Skywalker
    I just don't like Luke, really at all. So I give him number nine. Not to mention, I'm going by the films, and he didn't really do anything worthwhile. He killed a bunch of grunts on Tatooine in ROTJ, congratulations. He bested Vader in ROTJ as well I suppose, but that's only because Vader's like forty years old, has four fake limbs, and has a breathing problem, not to mention Luke tapped into the darkside at that point. It's like fighting a guy out of the retirement home at that point. And he LOST to that same guy in ESB.

10. Any Other Various Jedi
    Kit Fisto, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Plo Koon, whoever. They all take roughly the same spot in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.