main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Top Ten Jedi/Sith Rankings

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by MasterXanatos, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crimson_Lightsaber

Crimson_Lightsaber Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2005
    1.Darth Vader
    2.Obi-Wan Kenobi
    3.Yoda
    4.Qui Gon Jinn
    5.Luke Skywalker

2. jedi_jacks

jedi_jacks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    jediprime that was sooo funny [face_laugh] thnks for answering the call!

3. LINQ0311

LINQ0311 Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2005
    jedi_prime posted:

Whoa!!! Maul and all those others above LUKE?
    [fanboy] How could you possibly think that? Luke defeated Vader, and handily...Luke destroyed the Death Star, brought about an end to the Empire, etc...etc...etc... He is the Lucasian version of the supreme hero...the ultimate Jedi, and so on...[/fanboy]

That just ticks me off... As much as I love the movies, all the PT serves to do is diminish Luke's role. BLAH!
    [hr]

Hey I am a huge Luke fan too. And he in my opinion is what made Star Wars. But if you look at Scorch62Delta's list, he clearly states at the beginning that he is basing his list solely on the prequel trilogy, that is why Luke was not listed.

4. LINQ0311

May 4, 2005
    DarkKinght posted:

ur an idiot Yoda taught obi-one how to retain consciousness after death and yoda knew how to do it but their was no one els who did so he had know one to talk too.
    [hr]

No reason to call anyone here an idiot. They have their opinions, you have yours. [face_shame_on_you]

5. LINQ0311

May 4, 2005
    jedi_jacks posted:

LINQ0311, u should evaluate my list. [face_wink]
    dont worry, i can take it, so dish it out if you want!
    [hr]

I will check it out if you want, but I am probably not going to dish anything out because I know everyone has their opinions, and everyone has their favorites. I think the one I was talking about was my favorite though.

[hr]heres my revised edition:
    1) jedi master yoda
    by a long shot, then
    2) master darth plagueis
    3) master mace windu
    4) master darth sidious
    hmmmmm, this is where it gets tough
    5) darth maul
    6) jedi knight anakin skywalker
    he obviously had the highest potential
    7) darth tyrannus
    8) master obi-wan kenobi
    9) master qui-gon jinn
    x) jedi knight luke skywalker
    after some thought, luke might be able to take out master ki-adi-mundi and he did save the galaxy

my rankings here are heavily weighted by lightsaber ability, although for most jedi and sith this isnt the most important thing, i know
    [hr]

That's a decent list. Atleast you have got Yoda at the top, he is undoubtedly the best. I am not sure about Mace over Sidious. I know you said you are going by lightsaber skill, so I guess that is possible. If I was going by lighsabers only, I might have Darth Maul in the top 3. He lost because of his over confidence and arrogance. If it was not for that, he would probably be unstoppable.

We don't know anything about Darth Plagueis other than a fairy tale from Palps, which means anyone could argue anything about him, including he doesn't exist. I don't think you can put him on your list because 1. We know nothing of him, and 2. Your list is based mostly on lightsaber skill, and we definitely have not seen Darth Plagueis with a saber. Remember, he was called the "Wise" so he was probably more of a force user.

I agree with Anakin having the highest potential. I can't say I would put Luke at the bottom, because he basically saved the galaxy. Even though Anakin the chosen one killed the emperor. It still would not have happened without Luke though. Also, Luke gets no respect for his lightsaber skill simply because movies did not have as much special effects and martial arts coordinators like they do now. Remember, Luke did so much more with so much less. And he goes on to rebuild the Jedi. But I will admit my opinion is biased as he is one of my top favorite characters. [face_grin]

6. Mandalorian-Jedi

Mandalorian-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2005

Sorry, just reading through and just thought I'd point out that Exar Kun also wielded a double-bladed lightsabre. In fact, he created it :)

But my rankings:

1. Luke Skywalker
    2. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    3. Anakin Skywalker
    4. Darth Maul
    5. Count Dooku
    6. Yoda
    7. Palpatine (I can't bring myself to say Sidious:p)
    8. Mace Windu
    9. Darth Vader (Suited)
    10. Shaak Ti

I don't think Plo Koon can match up, no matter what people say :p

7. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    Top Jedi and Sith Rankings:

TPM: The Jedi

AOTC: The Sith

ROTS: The Sith

ANH: The Jedi

ESB: The Sith

ROTJ: The Jedi

3 all. Equal. Balanced.

8. LINQ0311

May 4, 2005
    Master_Shaitan posted:

Top Jedi and Sith Rankings:

TPM: The Jedi

AOTC: The Sith

ROTS: The Sith

ANH: The Jedi

ESB: The Sith

ROTJ: The Jedi

3 all. Equal. Balanced.
    [hr]

An interesting perspective. Question is, is that what Georgey was thinking about all along? [face_thinking]

9. Yodas_Got_Bed_Head

Yodas_Got_Bed_Head Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2004

10. MaceWindu_is_GOD

MaceWindu_is_GOD Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    "Let's put it this way, he's definitely faking it when he's knocked down on the window sill, saying that he's weak."

Rick McCullum

"For what it's worth to those arguing, I doubt there's anyone who thinks Palpatine's serious when he claims he's too weak. That's obviously a lie."

Pablo Hidalgo

It's official!! Sidious is UNDEFEATED in ROTS. So I have moved him up in the top place:

1. Sidious - killed 4 Jedi masters like nothing, 3 of them in seconds and Mace instantly after holding back to finally get Anakin.

2. Yoda - Evenly match with Sidious but gave up at the end realizing that Sidious is too powerful to defeat.

3. Vader/Dooku/Mace - Potentially the most powerful but lack experience/ Tyranus played Obi-Wan twice/ Mace lasted the longest among his posse unmasking Palpatine to show his true face.

4. Obi-Wan - Defeated Grievous and outsmarted the overconfident Sith apprentices, Vader and Maul.

11. LINQ0311

May 4, 2005
    MaceWindu_is_GOD posted:

"Let's put it this way, he's definitely faking it when he's knocked down on the window sill, saying that he's weak."

Rick McCullum

"For what it's worth to those arguing, I doubt there's anyone who thinks Palpatine's serious when he claims he's too weak. That's obviously a lie."

Pablo Hidalgo

It's official!! Sidious is UNDEFEATED in ROTS. So I have moved him up in the top place:

1. Sidious - killed 4 Jedi masters like nothing, 3 of them in seconds and Mace instantly after holding back to finally get Anakin.

2. Yoda - Evenly match with Sidious but gave up at the end realizing that Sidious is too powerful to defeat.

3. Vader/Dooku/Mace - Potentially the most powerful but lack experience/ Tyranus played Obi-Wan twice/ Mace lasted the longest among his posse unmasking Palpatine to show his true face.

4. Obi-Wan - Defeated Grievous and outsmarted the overconfident Sith apprentices, Vader and Maul.
    [hr]

Oh boy-Do you know what you have started? Just as the arguing started to quiet down, it will erupt again. This time the "No" voters are going to say "well that is just when he is on the ground, not when he lost his saber."

I can see it now, if the "No" and the "Yes" voters are not stopped, it will be Civil War without end!

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

12. MaceWindu_is_GOD

May 26, 2005
    LOL.

Don't worry coz the No-Vote has already accepted the Truth;)

YOu can't deny Rick and Pablo. I could live that the no-vote could still argue BEFORE THE DISARMING but at least EVERYONE knows after that was ALL CLASSIC PALPATINE.[face_peace]

13. DarthJuggalo

DarthJuggalo Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2005
    I'll agree he was faking after Anakin walked into the office, but Mace bested him and had him beat. The kick to the face that made Sidious fall to the ground and lose his saber was the end. Mace had his saber at Sidious' throat.

14. LINQ0311

May 4, 2005
    DarthJuggalo posted:

I'll agree he was faking after Anakin walked into the office, but Mace bested him and had him beat. The kick to the face that made Sidious fall to the ground and lose his saber was the end. Mace had his saber at Sidious' throat.
    [hr]

See, what did I say?! The Dark Side clouds your vision my son! Palps owned him.

15. jedi_prime

jedi_prime Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2005
    Best leave off of this tangent, as the mods will lock the thread.

Save it for when the official thread is re-established, folks!

Trust me, my appetite for that particular debate is ravenous...I look forward to it!

16. jedi_prime

jedi_prime Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2005
    Always happy to oblige, jedi_jacks! Us Luke faboys are precious few in number these days...but, as far as I am concerned, Star Wars will always be about Luke and the demise of the Empire, PT be damned.

17. LINQ0311

May 4, 2005
    Luke would have taken Mace...:D

18. MacetheCouncillor

MacetheCouncillor Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    The simple answer is, no, not a chance and absolutely no. Not in the movie timeframe, in any case. Later, when he became a master, he would have a chance, but in the movies, he is ridiculously ill-trained by comparison. Check "Prime of the Jedi" on the TPM bonus material (Web documentaries), and things will be made real clear what wusses the Original Trilogy Jedi were compared to the Prequel Jedi, and Mace is one of the foremost in the latter group (if not THE foremost, although that is controversial and depends on how you interpret whether Mace legitimately disarmed Sidious). In any case, with what Lucas says in "A Jedi in his prime" there isn't a chance Luke could have taken Mace. It isn't the fanboy speaking. It is an objective assessment of the source.

19. MaceWindu_is_GOD

May 26, 2005

"But, if you asked me in the Fall of '04, when the sequence was re-shot, well... for those who want to debate, it's best to know more of the story of how this scene came to be. This entire sequence changed significantly during postproduction. What we witnessed in Sydney told a different story. Anakin did not earn Mace's trust by ratting out Sidious right away. He did not agonize over his decisions while sitting alone in the Jedi Council chamber. He did not rush in at the last minute to witness a questionable balance of power. Instead, he stayed at Palpatine's side, in the Chancellor's private office, as Mace and his posse of Jedi barged in. "Stand behind me," ordered Mace, in Sam Jackson's demanding tones. But Anakin didn't budge. Instead, he watched passively as Palpatine used the Force to snatch Anakin's lightsaber from his belt and attacks Mace and the Jedi. There's ample evidence of this original version for those with sharp eyes and behind-the-scenes photos. Heck, even Hasbro action figures with Palpatine packaged with Anakin's lightsaber got out there in the initial shipments. So, if Sidious' entire duel played out before Anakin's stunned eyes, I'd be inclined to think that his fall was just for show. This changed after a screening George Lucas held for a few key colleagues. Their reactions underscored the shortcomings of the way this duel was constructed. Anakin's inaction was hard to justify cinematically. "The story was there, but it wasn't clear," said Lucas at the time it came to rebuild this scene. "It was too abstract."

Pablo Hidalgo

You see my fellow Mace fans, GL changed this so Ani will not look like he had already made up his mind to join the Sith.

Is it a coincidence that Mace's kick came in such an opportune time making it seem to Ani, who is just walking in, that Palpatine's words was right witnessing the Chancellor on the floor w/o a saber while Mace looked like the aggressor with his saber on the defenseless Chancellor??

Of course not.

You noticed he waited to blast Mace until Ani arrived. Mace's saber was in the same positition before and after Ani was there. Hmmmm.

GL did not change this to make Mace the top dawg...he just made Palps' faking more subtle than the original to give weight in Ani's decision. Same faking and same results. Which is Palpatine killing Mace like nothing after he FINALLY GOT WHAT HE WANTED and that is for ANI to betray his JEDI FAMILY once and for all.

But I do agree with MAcetheCouncillor, Luke in ROTJ is no match for our Master Windu.

20. MacetheCouncillor

Dec 4, 2003
    As far as I can judge, yes. It is called movie timing. No more strange than Han showing up just in time to save Luke in Episode IV.

From the Star Wars databank...

"Windu overpowered Palpatine the instant Anakin Skywalker came running into the offices."

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/palpatine/index.html

21. MaceWindu_is_GOD

May 26, 2005
    As far as I can judge, yes. It is called movie timing. No more strange than Han showing up just in time to save Luke in Episode IV.

Yeah, but there was no set-up before that Han saving Luke movie timing.

However, before and after the Palps vs. Mace duel there has been lots of going on.

Like the Jedi are the same as Sith and wants to takeover. If the Jedi DESTROY me bye bye Padme. The Jedi has this plot. Ani turning down Palps offer vowing to find the TRUTH if Palps was right about the Jedi or NOT.

And behold, Ani walked in and witness the Chancellor w/o a saber while Mace seems to look like the agrresor.

And then after Mace got killed...Palps had a reason to wipe out the Jedi, finally getting The Chosen One to eliminate all his Jedi family, and finally got the reason to the senate about why it's better to be an Empire framing the Jedi Order who for 1,000s of years was the Senate's guardians.

That's not movie timing nor a coincidence. That's a SET-UP my friend.
    [face_peace]

22. Mace_Windolene

Mace_Windolene Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    Are the Clone Wars cartoons considered canon?

If so, anyone who doubts Mace being at least equal to Yoda in power needs to watch Episodes 12 and 13.

23. Obi-Twice-Kenobi

Obi-Twice-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2003
    Fortunately, those childish comics are nowhere near canon. The only thing they are near to is total BS. And wasn't it in exactely those movies where Yoda destroyed several STAR SHIPS with a single wink of his hand? Talking about "godlike" and stuff...

24. Mace_Windolene

Mace_Windolene Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    Woah! :eek: Not seen that one!

So, when the cartoons and the comics contradict, which is considered "Official"?

(Before anyone says this is off-topic, this may affect my rankings)

25. MacetheCouncillor

Dec 4, 2003
    The point is that just because some timing seems a bit too convenient and unlikely, that is no evidence for anything in movies. Given the distances and time spans involved, it would be far less likely for Han to arrive just in time to save Luke than for Anakin to arrive at that exact moment.

And? It still doesn't prove that Mace isn't skilled enough to disarm Palpatine.

MACE WINDU: You are under arrest, My Lord.

PALPATINE: Anakin! I told you it would come to this. I was right. The Jedi are taking over.

MACE WlNDU: The oppression of the Sith will never return . . . you have lost . . .

PALPATINE: No! No! You will die!

Mace clearly declares that Palpatine is under arrest (as opposed to being about to be killed) after Anakin arrives. Then, after these exchanges in conversation, Palpatine says that Mace will day. I can't see how that would make a strong case for the idea of Mace being the aggressor. "You will die" is more aggressive by far than "You are under arrest."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.