main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Top Ten Jedi/Sith Rankings

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by MasterXanatos, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mace_Windolene

Mace_Windolene Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    This thread is in the Films forum, so I thought I?d rank them purely in terms of what we see on-screen.

With a Lightsaber:

1. Pre-suit Vader

The Vader/Kenobi duel in RotS is technically the best in the saga, and even though Kenobi eventually wins, I think Vader?s saber skill was more impressive.

2. RotS Kenobi

Able to adequately defend against Vader?s onslaught.

3. Maul

Simply the most stunning saber use in the whole of the saga.

4. Dooku

Owned Anakin and Kenobi at the same time (until Anakin tapped into the Dark Side of course).

5. Windu

Defeated Sidious (until Anakin messed everything up). THIS IS WHAT WE SEE ON SCREEN ? the notion that Sidious was faking is conjecture.

6. Yoda

Held his own against Dooku and Palpatine.

7. Sidious

Took out 3 of the Order?s best Swordsmen in seconds. Gave Windu and Yoda a hard time.

8. Jinn

Impressive saber skills, but only saw him fight Maul, who owned him.

9. Luke

Insufficient training to master the lightsaber.

Force Mastery:

1. Yoda

Took everything that was thrown at him, and even reflected it back.

2. Sidious

Simultaneous control of several large senate pods. Force Lightning.

3. Jinn

Discovered the secret to immortality.

4. Anakin/Vader

Unmatched piloting. Choking over vast distances. Throwing objects.

5. Dooku

Pulling the roof of a cave down. Force Lightning.

6. Windu

Best force-jump in the saga.

7. Kenobi

Mind tricks, force jumps, super-speed, closing toilet doors [face_laugh]

8. Luke

Mind tricks, Choking, moving rocks

9. Maul

Throwing objects.

2. MaceWindu_is_GOD

MaceWindu_is_GOD Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    5. Windu

Defeated Sidious (until Anakin messed everything up). THIS IS WHAT WE SEE ON SCREEN ? the notion that Sidious was faking is conjecture.

LOL!! We also seen on screen that Palpatine was held hostage by Grievous and could not beat 2 battle droids who were manhandling him on board. But you really don't think that Palpatine is no match for Grievous and 2 battle droids, do you??

Ok, I'm Palpatine right now and that conflicted Anakin has turned me down ratting me out to the Jedi. What should I do??? I still have to think of a way to have a reason to the Senate for finally executing Order 66 and to finally create my Empire. And at the same time, I still have to make Anakin see that the Jedi and Sith are the same, making The Chosen One to finally betray his Jedi family. What should I do???? Think Palps think. Ok, let me kill Mace and the others first and then i'll find a way to frame them after killing Mace and the others. OH NO!!! Mace is too strong, I underestimated HIM!!! I am DOOM!!! Oh thank GOD Ani choped Mace's hand off. Wait!! That's it!! i'll use this to my advantage!! I finally framed the Jedi and finally got Anakin.

WHEW!! That was close. I still got it!!
    8-}

3. COMMANDER76

COMMANDER76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    Have you no shame MWIG...lol....give it up man

4. MaceWindu_is_GOD

MaceWindu_is_GOD Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    C'mon C76 LOL...you know it's true.;)

5. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    The mods should create some sort of poll perhaps to finally put an end to this strange debate. Did Palpatine allow Mace Windu to win the duel? would be a good name i think.

The answer is obviosuly yes but it would be amusing to see the results :p

6. COMMANDER76

Mar 12, 2005
    LOL...thats neither here nor there......."you are reckless"

7. Obi-Twice-Kenobi

Obi-Twice-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2003
    And once again, the YES-voters will ruuuule the 3SA - and we shall have...peace!

8. jedi_jacks

jedi_jacks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    Mace_Windolene, darth maul at #3, gutsy, i like it. thumbs up. i want to see a series on him, maybe the crime syndicate he single-handedly breaks up.

9. Jedi_AnakinSolo

Jedi_AnakinSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2005
    i am just going to answer the topic
    1 Anakin Skywalker
    2Yoda
    3. Sidious
    4 obi wan
    5 luke
    6 Mace
    7 anakin solo- had too put him in here
    8 jania
    9 kyp
    10 Darth Maul

10. Mace_Windolene

Mace_Windolene Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    MWIG, you should change your user name to "Mace_Isn't_That_Good_After_All" ;)

11. Commander_Bly13

Commander_Bly13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2005
    1. Mace Windu
    2. Yoda
    3. Sidious
    4. Obi-Wan
    5. Anakin- Pre-Vader
    6. Luke
    7. Darth Vader- In Suit
    8. Count Dooku
    9. Darth Maul
    10. Qui-Gon

12. -maynard-

-maynard- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    an entertaining sock, this one is.

13. LINQ0311

LINQ0311 Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2005
    Mace_Windolene posted:

7. Kenobi

Mind tricks, force jumps, super-speed, closing toilet doors [face_laugh]
    [hr]

"Closing toilet doors" That's great! I think I definitely cracked a rib laughing. Thanks for that, I needed a good laugh.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

14. LINQ0311

May 4, 2005
    I have a tough time putting Mace ahead of Anakin on the list. I think aside from Yoda and Sidious, Mace is definitely up there. However, Anakin could probably be above all as long as he keeps a cool head, as much as a Sith can anyway. With the Darkside powers, the amazing dueling ability, and his general knack at winning (aside from being the chosen one) I think he is probably unstoppable. He definitely (in my opinion) lost that fight to Obi because he beat himself. He got too arrogant too quickly.

So, Anakin is at the top of my list as long as he keeps a cool head and doesn't overestimate his own power. He loses as soon as he gets into this whole "You underestimate my power" routine.

15. joshuavance

joshuavance Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    1. Obi-Wan Kenobi ( ROTS to ANH era)
    2. everyone else
    3. sucks or doesn't matter.

[face_mischief] [:D]

16. LINQ0311

May 4, 2005
    COMMANDER76 posted:

4. Anakin Skywalker (his god-like skill is only held in check by his arrogance...he dictates his duel with Kenobi and displays superior power...and a lack of wisdom)
    [hr]

Unequivocally agreed. I would say the lack of wisdom and pure offensive strategy did him in. Kenobi's defensive calm paid off.

17. Cody-Vinahka

Cody-Vinahka Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2005
    1.Darth Revan
    2.Mace Windu
    3.Darth Tyrranus
    4.Yoda
    5.Grievous
    6.Obi-wan
    7.Darth Vader
    8.Darth Malak
    9.Luke Skywalker
    10.Kyle Katarn

18. COMMANDER76

Mar 12, 2005
    Power rankings:

1. Master Yoda (The very definition of,"The Total Package". he never loses an inch
    and forces the enemy to use force powers to gain distance for a hope of survival, he
    is tops in lightsaber skill and force powers combined)

2. Darth Sidious (he is so good.....we never know when he's playing hurt for real or
    to fit an angenda. he cuts threw 3 jedi masters in less than 20 seconds and can
    clearly be seen passing on death blows in the Windu fight early on....a mistake that
    costs him later on as the tables turn. his lightsaber skill is high, not
    supreme.....but his force powers are second to none in the entire PT)

3. Master Mace Windu (his skill is modified by his exceptional physical strength and
    his battle experience...his Vaapad style brings Darth Sidious to his knees before
    him....before betrayal steps in. his lightsaber skill and force ability is on par
    with Master Yoda's, but not superior to)

4. Anakin Skywalker (his god-like skill is only held in check by his arrogance...he
    dictates his duel with Kenobi and displays superior power...and a lack of wisdom. he
    has the potential to be the greatest force user in history and bring balance to the
    force.....he accomplishes the later)

5. Luke Skywalker (he suffers from not even being trained in lightsaber arts, but
    instead in force concepts and powers alone. yet he proves that the force really does
    control a jedi's flow in a fight. he has good technique modified by un-naturally
    high force sensitivity. this makes him better with a lightsaber, and have a better
    understanding of the living force almost every minute of every hour without even
    practicing)

6. Darth Tyrannus (he employs the best of both worlds...being trained by Master
    Yoda, he has exceptional technique, pacing, and footwork. being trained by Darth
    Sidious he has high level sith force powers that allow him to gain distance from
    mulitple or superior attackers. his lightsaber skill is very high and combined with
    his force powers and experience he is Sith Lord material)

7. Obi-Wan Kenobi (his skill is modified by his wisdom making him much more
    challenging than expected at his age...only deeply experienced and spiritual jedi
    masters and hardened sith lords can hope to gain advantages. his lightsaber skill is
    rooted in defence and is said to be unbreakable, his command of the force as a whole
    is where you see his growth potential)

8. Darth Maul (his style shows Darth Sidious is indeed a great teacher...as it
    demonstrates that Sidious is deadly with any manner of lightsaber. Maul's technique
    is excellent, however his defence is disapointing as he allows his lightsager hilt
    to be split rather easily by a then Padawan Kenobi. Still Darth Maul is very very
    young and as such his experience must be taken into account. high lightsaber skill
    combined with an unknown amount of force powers)

9. Qui Gon Ginn (he has good technique and solid defence, but has not figured a way
    to add his tremendous wisdom and spirituality as a modifier...this puts him at a
    disadvantage against any jedi or sith that has better offence or defence. his
    lightsaber and force command skills suggests that he meditates more than practices)

19. ulien

ulien Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2005
    1. Darth Sidious
    2. Anakin Skywalker
    3. Yoda
    4. Darth Sion
    5. Exar Kun
    6. Mace Windu
    7. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    8. Qui-Gon Jinn
    9. Darth Nihilus
    10. Naga Sadow

20. Hypernova

Hypernova Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2005
    Jedi (1 the best - 10 the worst)

1.Yoda
    2.Mace Windu
    3.Rahn (Jedi knight - dark forces for the PC-rom)
    4.Nomi Sunrider (darkhorse novels)
    5.Plo Koon
    6.Qui-Gon Jinn
    7.Luke Skywalker
    8.Ki-Adi Mundi
    9.Obi-Wan Kenobi
    10.Kyle katarn (Jedi knight - dark forces PC -ROM)

Sith

1. Exar Kun
    2. Darth Sion (knights of the old republic 2 XBOX)
    3. Darth Sidious
    4. Naga Sadow
    5. Darth Revan (knights of the old republic XBOX)
    6. Freedon Nadd (Dark horse novels)
    7. Darth Maul
    8. Suited Darth Vader
    9. Darth Tyranus
    10. Kyp Durron (new jedi order novels)

21. Chosen_One1

Chosen_One1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    1.Yoda
    2.Anakin Skywalker
    3.Sidious
    4.Dooku
    5.Mace
    6.Obi-Wan
    7.Darth Maul
    8.Luke

22. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    Lightsaber skills

1- sidious/yoda
    2- mace
    3- anakin
    4- dooku
    5- obi wan
    6- suited vader
    7- maul
    8- qui gon
    9- luke
    10- i'll go with ki amun di just because i cant think of anyone else from the saga timeline.:p

Force knowledge

1- darth sidious/yoda (these 2 are number 1 by a looooooong shot)
    2- Dooku
    3- anakin
    4- suited vader
    5- obi wan
    6- qui gon
    7- sorry i know this is a top 10 ranking but i cant think of anyone else

23. Starwars_1977-1983

Starwars_1977-1983 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2004
    1) Sidious : hides in plain sight. Can rule a galaxy, deceive the jedi, deceive the chosen one, deceive any galactic organisation, deceive old masters as Dooku.
    Fights very well with a lightsaber, shoots powerful lightning, throws several pods at a time with incredible speed.

Sidious always finds a way out of a difficult situation : he's a liar, a faker, a powerful force user, a very intelligent politician. The best of all at manipulating others, the force, the galaxy.

2) Yoda : Very powerful force user, very powerful with a lightsaber. He sees things coming. He doubts. He listens to other people. He is not blinded by his arrogance and know when to retreat. He has become a bit conservative, but he is a great jedi master.

3) Luke : The only one to really piss Sidious off. The best of Anakin can be found in him. Respects his masters, but finds is own way in life. Powerful with a lightsaber but also very intelligent. He wins his battled against Vader with his words and his honesty. Makes Sidious look like an angry frustrated old witch. Open minded. Forgiving.

4)Obi-Wan : Boring as a human being, he is a very disciplined Jedi master. He is not brilliant, but he gets the jod done. He is never arrogant. He changes quite a bit over the course of his life. He doubts. He sees his errors. He defeats the chosen one. He helps make Luke what he becomes. Boring man, but great jedi.

5)Dooku : Very powerful force user, he has charisma. He is a good political leader. He fights very well. He defeated OB and Anakin once. He managed to escape Yoda. Not powerful enough to survive an encounter with a grown up Anakin. Not evil enough to see Sidious' betrayal coming.

6)Pre-suit Anakin : very touching human being, great jedi. Brilliant but not disciplined. He is unpredictable. He fails when he's supposed to win, wins when he's supposed to fail. Acts on instinct. He's the force made man. He can't control his feelings and emotions. He's arrogant. He ends up debilitated like few jedi or Sith before. He spends most of his life as a slave. Slave to his own fears.
    But he is also the most human of all jedi. The one who redeems them all.
    He's both the best and the worst.

7)Qui-Gon Jinn :
    Incredibly wise and noble. One of the few touching jedi. Intelligent. Open minded. But certainly not powerful enough to survive long against a powerful Sith warrior. And maybe not convincing enough to really influence the Jedi council. Great man. Rebel jedi. In the end, the first to feel the need for a change.

8) Suited Darth Vader : Powerful. More than many others in the list. However he is too unstable to rule an Empire. Too driven by his emotions. A bit immature for a 40+ years old adult ! No real charisma. Too weakened to perpetuate the Sith tradition. Too blinded by anger, fear and pain to escape Sidious' web of deception. A tragic figure.

9)Mace Windu : powerful but ultra-conservative. Understands nothing of human nature. Understands nothing of Anakin. Understands nothing of Sidious' manipulations. Understands nothing of democracy, political communication, etc. Boring. Never smiles.

10) Darth Plagueis : His dark teachings probably allow Darth Sidious to fulfill his destiny. Great knowledge of the darkside. Master of the Emperor. But probably too wise and contemplative to survive Darth Sidious' ambition ...

24. Mandalorian-Jedi

Mandalorian-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2005
    If you can include Anakin Solo and Jaina in this list, then Luke must be at the top. They have done nothing in comparison to Luke.

Revan, Windu, Dooku, Grievous, Vader and Malak above Luke Skywalker? Luke should be at the top, with Yoda and Obi-Wan after him.

Darth Sion? Darth Nihilus? No Luke Skywalker?

Luke Skywalker > That list.

Luke Skywalker > All.

And Kyp was never a true Sith. He was just an idiot :)

The bottom line. If you include EU characters, Luke Skywalker has his place at the top.

No matter what.

25. mop

mop Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    Dueling:
    1. Mace Windu
    2. Sidious
    3. Dooku
    4. Yoda
    5. Anakin
    6. Obi-Wan
    7. Maul
    8. Qui-Gon
    9. Trebor
    10. Kit Fisto

Wisdom:
    1. Yoda
    2. Sidious
    3. Dooku
    4. Qui-Gon
    5. Windu
    6. Obi-Wan
    7. Ki-Ad-Mundi
    8. Darth Vader
    9. ??
    10. ??

Force:
    1. Yoda
    2. Sidious and Windu
    3. Qui-Gon
    4. Obi-Wan
    5. Dooku
    6. Darth Vader
    7. Ki-Adi-Mundi
    8. Plo Kloon
    9. Kit Fisto
    10. Agen Kolar

Overall:
    1. Sidious
    2. Mace
    3. Yoda
    4. Obi-Wan
    5. Dooku
    6. Anakin
    7. Qui-Gon
    8. Ki-Adi-Mundi
    9. Fisto
    10. Darth Maul

I think Anakins overratedvjust cause hes the chosen one doesnt mean Mace, Dooku, Yoda,
    Palpatine, Maul or Qui-Gon in a fair fight. FAIR FIGHT. Being a good fighter isnt just power.
    You have to be able to use it well in a fight. As far as I can see Anakin had power but lacked
    dueling skills. Not only skill plays into a fight. You need to know how to channel it what block to use. Which attack to use. When to move. You need to know how to channel your ability something Anakin didn't know how to do.

Actually I think Palps did throw it. Mace is a better duelist but I think Palps started it serious and decides to throw it. Throwing it would help him. He knew Anikan would betray Mace. The fight couldve gone either way if it continued. Throwing it might give hima better chance of living.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.