main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Top Ten Jedi/Sith Rankings

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by MasterXanatos, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    Luke Skywalker > All.

And Kyp was never a true Sith. He was just an idiot

The bottom line. If you include EU characters, Luke Skywalker has his place at the top.

No matter what.

im not a luke fan at all,i think that if we only consider the saga timeline a lot of jedi/sith were better than luke (palpatine,yoda,mace,ROTS anakin,obi wan,unsuited vader,dooku,etc.) but i agree that if you include EU characters luke has to be on top of the list second only to his father.after all in potential luke is probably the strongest ever(second to anakin of course).

and also kyp was really and idiot,hated the character since day one.[face_devil]

2. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    IMO Luke would never become as physically powerful as the top Jedi before him or as good as his father was because he changes the Jedi Order. Luke's strength comes from his ability to follow the Force and do the right thing - not twirl a lightsaber around. He is mentally and spiritually strong. Only a weak man needs a weapon. Luke uses his mind and his heart.

Luke's Order wouldnt be possessive, arrogant or decedant and he would teach his apprentices how to overcome the Dark Side, not how to stamp it out.

So, for me Luke wasnt the most powerful warrior nor would he ever be. He is one of the best as he was a true Jedi who conquered the Sith through compassion and love. But his emphasis would be on maximum physical power and reliance upon the cosmic Force, but rather becoming as mentally strong and wise as possible.

3. Darth-Tater

Darth-Tater Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
  4. SWfan8

SWfan8 Jedi Youngling

Oct 9, 2005
    My Top Ten:

1) Yoda- The wisest of the Jedi, and a great swordsman, also attains ghost form
    2) Obi-Wan- Able to achieve ghost form, kills Darth Maul, beats Vader in his prime, kills Grievous
    3) Darth Sidious- Able to turn Anakin to the dark side, beats Windu, gains control of the galaxy
    4) Darth Vader- Defeats Dooku, Defeats Emperor to restore balance in the force, Kills Obi-Wan
    5) Luke- Beats Vader, resists the dark side temptation of the Emperor, never corrupted by Jedi arrogance or codes
    6) Qui-Gon- Finds the chosen one, attains ghost form first
    7) Mace Windu- Defeats (maybe) Sidious,
    8) Count Dooku- Beats the chosen one once, beats Obi-Wan twice
    9) Darth Maul- Kills Qui-Gon
    10) ?- No one else in the saga really proves themselves

5. DeadDooku

DeadDooku Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 7, 2005
    Count Dooku is more powerful in every way than Kenobi. Deal with it.

Sidious
    Yoda
    Anakin
    Dooku/Mace Windu

Everyone else

6. darthvaderv

darthvaderv Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005

Yeah agreed that Dooku is more powerful. But thats their opinion isn't it!

7. MASTER_JEDI

MASTER_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2001
    1. Yoda
    2. Anakin Skywalker
    3. Darth Sidious
    4.Joruus C'baoth
    5. Exar Kun
    6. Mace Windu
    7. Luke Skywalker
    8. Count Dooku
    9. Kyp Durron
    10. All the Skywalker grand children

8. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    This has clearly morphed into a SW Community Forum topic. :)

I'm moving the thread there.

9. MIDKNIGHT03

MIDKNIGHT03 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 5, 2005

I think you have it dead on....good stuff...

10. malcolm-darth-am-i

malcolm-darth-am-i Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2005
    1) OB1
    2) Tyranus
    3) Mace
    4) Yoda
    5) Maul
    6) Anikin
    7) Emperor
    8) Luke
    9) Luuke
    10) C'baoth

In Revenge of the Sith novel Mace says something like "you may think Yoda and I are great swords man your wrong. We created our own style based on strength, but you, you mastered the oldest style for that you will always be better than yoda and I or even anyone thats why your on the council"

11. Chosen_One1

Chosen_One1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    1.Anakin*
    2.Yoda*
    3.Sidious
    4.Mace
    5.Dooku
    6.Obi-Wan
    7.Maul
    8.Luke
    9.Qui-Gon
    10.Ki-Adi-Mundi

*interchangeable

12. kronas

kronas Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2005
    I think he faked it, cause he knew Ani would walk in. He knew it would be the only way to get Ani on his side, to become Darth Vader.

13. Evan_The_Great

Evan_The_Great Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    I totally agree with this page one list.

i just gotta do this....

10.Kit Fisto fended off Sidious longer than any of the other "Master" duelists there that day.

14. kronas

kronas Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2005
    I can only think of a top 5, then it gets to hard, so:

1)Emperor
    2)Anakin Skywalker
    2)Yoda
    3)Obi-Wan Kenobi
    4)Mace Windu
    5)Luke Skywalker

15. Chosen_One1

Chosen_One1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    In terms of POWER:

1) Anakin Skywalker
    2) Darth Sidious
    3) Mace Windu
    4) Yoda
    5) Count Dooku
    6) Obi-Wan
    7) Darth Maul
    8) Qui-Gon
    9) Luke
    10) Kit Fisto

16. darthsith19

darthsith19 Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2004
    I originally said: In their primes(in the films)
    1. Darth Sidious
    2. Yoda
    3. Mace Windu
    4. Obi-Wan
    5. Anakin/Vader
    6. Darth Tyranus
    7. Plo Koon
    8. Darth Maul
    9. Luke Skywalker
    10. General Grievous

Wanna know my new order with reasons? Allright, just Jedi/Sith that were in 1 or more films.
    1. Darth Sidious - Beat Yoda, pwnd Kit, Agen and Saesee while fending off Mace and I think he was faking the Mace duel.

2. Yoda - Fought more impressively than mace and proved stronger than anyone but Sidious.

3. Mace Windu - starwars.com says he's on par with yoda.

4. Anakin Skywalker - Beat Dooku, GL says he's stronger than Obi-Wan, what else can I say?

5. Darth Tyranus - pwnd Obi-Wan twice, put up a good fight against Yoda, what more is there?

6. Obi-Wan - beat Vader, beat Grievous, who but those above could beat him?

7. Darth Vader - Beat Cin Drallig and many more Jedi and was practically tied with Kenobi.

8. Darth Maul - beat Qui-Gon, who's saber skills are said to rival Mace's and beat Anoon
    Bondara, who was said to be the most skilled Jedi with a saber (as of a few weeks before TPM).

9. Plo Koon - Online sources say he's even stronger than Qui-Gon.

10. Qui-Gon Jinn - His saber skills are said to rival Mace's and he learned how to return from the dead.

Honorable mentions: Kit Fisto, Cin Drallig, Sora Bulq, Quinlin Vos, Luke Skywalker, Luminara Unduli and Ki-Adi-Mundi.

17. ticopuma

ticopuma Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 2, 2005
    1. Yoda
    2. Sidious
    3. Anakin/Vader
    4. Mace
    5. Luke
    6. Dooku
    7. Qui-Gon
    8. Obi-Wan
    9. Maul
    10.Luminara, SHaak Ti, Plo Koon , Kit Fisto, etc.

1. Yoda- Proved to be the best in ways of the force, and the lightsaber. Yoda left the duel with Sids because he sensed Clones coming and did the smart thing to leave. HE was not defeated.

2. Sidious- Was a master of manipulation, dueled incredubly against Yoda and was able to defeat 3 jedi masters in a blink.

3. Anakin/Vader- Although I despise him to no end, he was able to achieve many things. He became a great lightsaber duelist and was very strong in the force.

4. Mace- Was able to, with the help of other masters create the most powerful of lightsaber forms. In my opinion defeated Sids.

5. Luke- With very little training defeated the chosen one. Became one of the most powerful jedi in history.

6. Dooku- Amazing lightsaber skills and very powerful in the force. Dueled well against Yoda.

7. Qui-Gon- WAs able to find the path to immortality. Trained Yoda to become immortal.

8. Obi Wan- Defeated Grievious and defeated Anakin.

9. Maul- Incredible lightsaber duelist. Defeated a powerful jedi master.

10. Luminara, SHaak Ti, Plo Koon , Kit Fisto, etc.- Powerful Jedi masters.

18. Darth_Kratos

Darth_Kratos Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2006
    Ok this is my first post, but I simply have to do this

As a real star wars fan I've read almost every book and I am glad you guys even mentioned Kit Fisto

well this is my top ten

1. Palpatine/Darth Sidious (Greatest spider in the web, made Yoda flee)
    2. Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader (Although Anakin was the strongest one in the force at the end, he had to learn alot)
    3. Yoda (Smartest and far more experienced than all other jedi)
    4. Luke Skywalker (Although I HATE it to put Luke in the top 10, he has beaten Darth Vader, and I really don't know if he could hold out against the rest of all the Jedi, but then again Anakin/Darth Vader could)
    4. Mace Windu (2nd important member in the Jedi Council(next to Yoda)who has a great reputation)
    5. Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus (Obi Wan was beaten twice by Count Dooku, just the facts, he was also a very respectable man in the Jedi Council, *Why did Obi Wan said to Anakin TWICE that THEY would take Count Dooku out, if he could beat him alone*)
    6. Obi Wan Kenobi (great in wisdom and strength)
    6. Kit Fisto (Kit Fist and Obi Wan are equal both in Force and Strength, both use another kind of fighting technique Kit Fisto: 1, Obi Wan 3, but when you read the books you will find out that Obi Wan finds things in Kit, which he has not)
    7. Darth Maul (although he was shown as a wimp in the movies *my opinion*, he was a most feared Sith, which could wear a double bladed lightsaber!)
    8. Plo Koon (Strong fighter)
    9. Qui-Gon (Fearsome fighter and idealist)
    10. Ki-Adi Mundi (3th important man in the council, no more I have to say about him)

11. Luminara, Shaak Ti, etc.

(The Jedi before/after the movies not mentioned)

19. Mandalorian-Jedi

Mandalorian-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2005
    1. Luke Skywalker
    2. Ulic-Qel Droma
    3. Revan
    4. Yoda
    5. Jacen Solo
    6. Exar Kun
    7. Palpatine
    8. Mace Windu
    9. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    10. Anakin Skywalker

Honourable mentions; Leia Organa Solo, Kyp Durron, Anakin Solo, Joruus C'Baoth

20. Darth_Froschler

Darth_Froschler Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 13, 2004
    In Revenge of the Sith novel Mace says something like "you may think Yoda and I are great swords man your wrong. We created our own style based on strength, but you, you mastered the oldest style for that you will always be better than yoda and I or even anyone thats why your on the council"

Wow...You really know your stuff....LOL[face_laugh]

Anyways, my list.

1.Sidious
    2.Yoda
    3.Mace Windu
    4.Anakin Skywalker
    5.Count Dooku
    6.Obi-Wan Kenobi
    7.Luke Skywalker(not including EU)
    8.Darth Vader
    9.Darth Maul
    10.Qui-Gon Jinn

21. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    1.Sidious
    2.Anakin Skywalker
    3.Yoda
    4.Mace Windu
    5.Dooku
    6.Obi-Wan
    7.Luke Skywalker
    8.Revan (He does look extremely powerful in KOTOR)
    9.The Exile (Also looks extremely powerful in KOTOR II)
    10.Qui-Gon (Was the first to cheat death)

22. WEEBACCA

WEEBACCA Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 4, 2004
    These are IMO the most powerful Force users from the SW movies:

1. Darth Sidious
    2. Yoda
    3. Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader
    4. Luke Skywalker
    5. Count Dooku
    6. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    7. Darth Maul
    8. Mace Windu
    9. Qui-Gon Jinn
    10. Ki-Adi Mundi

23. Jaden-Skywalker

Jaden-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 13, 2004
    Qui-Gon wasn't the first. He rediscovered it.

Old-era Jedi knew how to do it

24. DepaTiin

DepaTiin Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2004
    Kaja Sinis is a FREAK, I don't like him and the others from Supershadows Universe.

1. Saesee Tiin / Aayla Secura
    2. Kit Fisto / Shaak Ti
    3. Depa Billaba / Agen Kolar / Eeth Koth
    4. Obi-Wan Kenobi / Anakin Skywalker / Qui-Gon Jinn / Yoda / Mace Windu
    5. Bultar Swan / Adi Gallia / Sora Bulq / Barriss Offee / Luminara Unduli / Plo Koon / Ki-Adi Mundi / Quinlan Vos / Tholme / T'ra Sarr / Bant Eerin / Tahl
    6. Roth-Del Masona / Joclad Danva / Sar Labooda
    7. Luke Skywalker / the other Jedi from the new Order
    8. Oppo Rancisis / Sarrissa Jeng / Tarados Gon
    9. Even Piell / Yaddle / Yarael Poof
    10. All the other Jedi

1. Darth Vader
    2. Count Dooku

So...there were my lists ;)

25. IXISwiftnSilentIXI

IXISwiftnSilentIXI Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2006
    1. Anakin. The fact that Anakin was able to accomplish everything that he did with all the pressure on him was simply amazing. He really was a true jedi despite his failures. He often learned from his mistakes (after the loss to Dooku the first time he was the one that mentioned Patience before the fight in space.) The downside to Anakin was his stupidity. He was never able to block out the future when they needed him to, because he wasnt fully trained and couldnt get rid of the ones he loved. (Look at Schmi and Padme) His inability to lose the ones he loved lured him to the darkside, in an attempt to save Padme. He doesnt join the dark side and Padme doesnt lose the will to live. He was not fully trained either.

2. Yoda. Yoda was able to compete with the Emperor, and had he been in the prime of his career would have defeated him. He had to run away as he quickly became fatigued at the age of 800+. Count Dooku would have been no match for Yoda, yet with Anakin and Obi Wan in a near death situation, he had to let Dooku get away, as the Jedi could illafford to lose Anakin and Obiwan (or maybe they could have :)).

3. Emperor: He was able to compete with Yoda, and his plans were all beginning to take form. He was able to devise a plan to bring Anakin to the dark side as well as let the Sith take over the galaxy. Despite being so close to the Jedi, he never once hinted at being the Dark Lord himself.

4. Mace Windu: Whether Sidious faked weakness or not he competed with Sidious throughout the battle and would have killed him had Anakin not come in. Besides, throughout the movies there were often times where everyone referred to Mace as the strongest with the lightsaber, and Yoda the strongest with the force. *He had a purple lightsaber too*

5. Count Dooku: Count Dooku was able to defeat Obi Wan Kenobi and the impatient Anakin Skywalker on Geonosis. He then survived in a battle against Yoda fleeing before the little green creature finished him off. Dying in the space battle to Anakin and Obi Wan, with a little help from Palpatine, Dooku was finished. He fought gallantly, able to knock out Obi Wan but not able to defeat the more powerful Anakin.

6. Darth Maul: He was able to compete against Qui Gon Jinn in TPM, without being completely trained. He was then able to compete against Qui Gon Jinn and Obi Wan Kenobi, on a 2 on 1 duel, elimating Qui Gon Jinn in the Naboo "Reactant Core". He was the only one that yielded a double lightsaber but regardless of the fact, he brought the sith back into formation.

7. Luke: He was able to do what no other Jedi excluding Obi Wan was able to do. Minimize the damage done by Darth Vader. He was also able to turn him back and put up quite a fight against Sidious. By this i mean that he was able to withstand the lightning strike long enough for his father to go from pure evil to the light side. Without him there is no alliance. He was also incompletely trained, which hurt him in some battles, but he was decent with the lightsaber.

8. Obi Wan Kenobi. Lucky or Skilled? Obi Wan Kenobi was arguably the most controversial character in the saga. He fought epic battles with Dooku, Maul, Grievous, and Anakin. He was always on the defensive side of things, unless it was a 2 on 1 type fight, and always looked as if he would be defeated as he made some dearly mistakes. With Maul, he was kicked into the reactor core, surviving by a grasp of a bulging light. With Dooku, he had the help of Yoda and Anakin on numerous occasions. Against Anakin he was lucky to get the higher ground, as he was no match with the lightsaber against the most powerful jedi.

9. Qui Gonn Jin: He was able to hold his ground against Maul in the beginning of TPM and showed some great moves against the regulars, helped him and obi wan escape the Trade Federation. However, he was unable to compete against the double saber of Maul when it was a 1 on 1 in the chamber core ande was killed moments after. His arrogance cost him dearly, never being a Master on the council.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.