Top Ten Personal Favorite films

Discussion in 'Southern Nevada, NV' started by Axia_Euxine, Nov 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master

star 4
    I am in full agreement with you MoronDude, save I do not know what this word "incogitable" means. I can infer its meaning based on the statement surrounding it, but I am wondering if it was meant to be incognitable or a word I have yet to hear. Both may well be options.
  2. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    incogitable
    a.
    Not cogitable; inconceivable.
  3. Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I'll be kagibbered. Rock on, I learned a new word.
  4. Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh and congratulations to all who have participated, but I think today may well have been our most busy postibng day in the year and a half of our existence.
  5. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    This list is in order:

1> Any and all versions of any Star Wars and Ewok movie ever made or that will ever be made
    2> Any movie based on a book by J.R.R. Tolkien
    3> Any movie with Natalie Portman
    4> Gladiator
    5> Braveheart (and anything else Mel Gibson)
    6> The Highlander movies
    7> Anything other than Star Wars with Harrison Ford
    8> Fight Club (and any other Edward Norton movie)
    9> The Boondock Saints
    10> Any movie about the mob.
    11> Any movie with Pauly Shore :-D
  6. DarthDarkstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Question Jank, In reference to your list I'm confused by number 7... you say anything other than star wars with harrison ford, does that mean you don't like Harrison Ford? Or did I read it wrong?

And I agree on the Natalie Portman... Yay for her.... She needs to make more movies..
  7. Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Master

star 4
    i think he means that since he already had star wars on the list he meant to put any harrison ford movie other than star wars, because it was already on there, is his fave, darkstar.....
  8. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Petra would be correct. I love Harrison Ford. He's definitely one of my favorite actors. Although he doesn't have the greatest taste in women (Calista Flockheart) I won't hold that against the great movies that he makes.
  9. DarthDarkstar Jedi Master

star 4
    WHEW! I almost had to kill you there, and I didn't want to do that you're a cool guy.... yay, life spared and now I won't go to jail...
  10. Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Master

star 4
    well, jank, i'm afraid i have to question your sanity in saying that all of Harrison Ford's movies are great and therefore belong on you're list.... ladies and gentlemen of the jury i give you exhibit A: Six Days, Seven Nights..... and as if that wasn't enough, i also give you exhibit B: Hollywood Homicide..... there's others but that should be enough.....
  11. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
  12. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I loved Hollywood Homicide! lol
  13. Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Master

star 4
    then i really do question your sanity, man!!!! even though the movie contained the incredibly hot josh hartnett that was not enough to save it, and i'm usually content to watch really bad movies for the eye candy factor alone......
  14. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, that movie was kinda weak. I hate seeing Harrison Ford reduced to playing roles in funky movies like that.

He's Han Solo! He's Indiana Jones! He shouldn't have to do crappy roles! Oh well.
  15. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah, why should Harrison Ford be reduced to doing movies such as Regarding Henry, Sabrina, and The Fugitive. I weep for Hollywood.

Oh, and before you get too angry at the above statements and start cursing me for saying anything bad about those movies, I think I should point out that I was kidding... gotcha!
  16. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah, why should Harrison Ford be reduced to doing movies such as Regarding Henry, Sabrina, and The Fugitive. I weep for Hollywood.

Oh, and before you get too angry at the above statements and start cursing me for saying anything bad about those movies, I think I should point out that I was kidding... gotcha!
  17. Moka Jedi Master

star 4
    My top ten, in no particular order, are:

Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring, special extended edition
    Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, special extended edition
    Braveheart
    Gladiator
    Glory
    Willow
    Fight Club
    Terminator 2: Judgement Day
    Conan the Barbarian
    Tombstone

I have seen all of these multiple times (most in the double digits) and I own most of them. The ones I don't own I've rented enough times to have bought them at least twice.

I know that none of the Star Wars film are up here, and they are still very high on my list, but these take the cake for me.
  18. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    ... so, what you are saying, if I got this straight, is that you would not put Star Wars in your top 10 favorite films at all?!?

[Stupid-editing-Moka, making my above statement sound like I didn't read his whole post, but I did, I swear... that Star Wars part wasn't in there before!]
  19. cbielich Jedi Knight

star 3
    Here are mine in no specific order

1. StarWars I,II,III,IV,V,VI
    2. Total Recall
    3. Matrix I (and only one)
    4. T1, T2 (Still thinking about T3)
    5. Dune
    6. LOTR I,II
    7. Beast Master
    8. King Pin
    9. Ground Hog Day
    10. All National Lampoons with Chevy Chase
  20. JADED_JEDI Jedi Master

star 3
    How do you know that you will like Star Wars III?
  21. Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master

star 4
    Perhaps he has travelled to the future and seen the movie, and now is back and reports that he liked it. Ever think of that?! Or, perhaps, referring to my previous arguement on this thread, it willnot matter if the movie is good or not, the fact that it is Star Wars will incite the same feeling of youthful rememberence in him that it will be a classic to him.

On a sadder note, on The offficial barbie website there is apparently now a Lord of the Rings Barbie and Ken set, with Barbie being Arwen and Ken being Aragorn. I am surprised there is not a star wars barbie set yet, seeing as hasbro owns the entire known toy universe.
  22. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    Now I dont wonder why there is a LOTR barbie what I wonder is why you were on the Barbie site?
  23. cbielich Jedi Knight

star 3
    I know I will like SWIII

Ekul
  24. JADED_JEDI Jedi Master

star 3
    Official barbie website. hmmmm...

do you collect barbies, Acthar? You can have my old ones if you want. Some of them are missing the heads, though.
  25. Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm. for some unknown reason, I knew that someone would inexplicably question how I came to that knowledge. and it has come to fruition. I actually found out about it from Fark.Com. Its a website with all sorts of offbeat news articles. Warning though, some material there may not be suitable for younger viewers (remember SFW means safe for work (nothing that will get you fired if your boss sees it) and NSFW means it is not safe for work (unless you work from the home, don't open it).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.