main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA top ten videos/dvds: Excluding SW, those are obvious!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MaraJadeEmperorsHand, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaraJadeEmperorsHand

MaraJadeEmperorsHand Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2002
    Yes its clear to me now, the only thing i could think of with Marcellus in it was Pulp Fiction, lol, i can totally see Martin Lawrence saying that, he is so great in that movie, as well as Tim Robbins.

I haven't watch a lot of comedians, with the exception of Dennis Miller and Denis Leary.

"What is it with this country? They put mayo on everything !!!"

"I thought you was dead."
    -"not hardly" do you need a hint?

2. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    the trippy part is mal pal Marcellus...looks like Marcellus Wallace from Pulp Fiction. freaky.

He's a great guy though. nice as could be.

I got a chance to see The Laws of Attraction on Saturday, not a bad movie. A touch sad for me due to content but a good movie anyway. (I would have seen this movie at some point anyway, but I missed my showtime for Troy.)

3. MaraJadeEmperorsHand

Oct 22, 2002
    I like Julianne Moore, her Clarice was pretty good, brave of her to try it in any case. I think, Brosnan has typified himself in the James Bond mould, unless he is plying an out and out Irishman...who can resist and attractive mick??? ;) It looks better than the one with George Clooney and Catherine Zeta Jones...it was lame, not even worth renting--be warned !
    I saw Van Helsing and thought it pretty damn good, I was actually a bit surprised. I will say I hated the look of the werewolves, otherwise overall i would buy it, but i am biased i think its one of my favourite genres. Has anyone seen Underworld ? Also with Kate Beckinsale ?
    There was a fabu promo for the Bourne Supremacy.
    Definitely looking forward to TROY !

4. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    wow talk about a different view then my own. (not a new ting for me clearly)

I thought Vanhelsing was pretty bad. but I did like the Wolves (they reminded me of Altered Beast on the old school Sega)..and I like the look they gave Frank. otherwise the effects and plot were lame.

Pierce wasn't really so much an irish man in the film as a cool guy who dances to the beat of his own casio keyboard demo mode.

5. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    I am sooooooo looking forward to Bourne Supremecy.

I liked Van Helsing. I thought it was good. I liked it when Van Helsing kicked the crap out of Dracula

How did you like Van Helsing MJEH?

6. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    I thought Van Helsing was a major disappointment.

Bourne had me drooling though.

7. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Bro, why did you not like Van Helsing? I thought it was great. I loved what they did with the Frankenstein monster. The battle between Dracula and Van Helsing at the end was awesome. How he kept grabbing Dracula before he could fly away and beat the crap out of him. And come on, the eye candy was awesome. ;) MMMmmmmmm I love the name Kate. ;)

8. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Kate indeed is eye candy. [watto]No Doubts there[/watto]

But.......There was WAY too much CGI. Way too much swinging from cables. The final battle had its moments but it was frustrating having a couple of good actos be replaced by CGI versions of themselves for the final 15 minutes.

My fave part was the Frankenstein monster by far, but I saw it opening night with my cousin, and we usually come out talking about the movie like mad. We didn't say a SINGLE word to each other about it. It was almost like we WANTED to forget it ;)

9. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Have to agree I loved Frankensteins monster he was a neat design.

I think one thing I didn't like was how it seemed the hero's were getting bashed around the entire time..made any victory seem like luck. I love horror and I thought an action horror like this was a great idea that just fell a little flat. Not a horrible flick and when I find a super cheap used price I'll score it.

On the same note they have an expanded version of Underworld coming out...I wonder if it'll be any better?

10. MaraJadeEmperorsHand

Oct 22, 2002
    Well, talk about missing a day or two and feeling like the world has passed you by...

I won't say that I loved Van Helsing but as I said before I will definitely buy it. It was a good change that the heroes didn't win every battle they were in, going in you basically know who the victor will be...his name is on the marquee, the challenges were reasonable. And the battles with the brides were bloody cool !!! More than a little disgusting when their progeny burst into goo...(heaving at the thought). Sad to say Dracula wasn't much to look at, lol, the friar reminded me of Q from the 007 movies, Bonds gadget man thrown into the middle ages. Really liked the costumes (note to self seek out a leather corsette). Really liked the bait scene with the werewolf and Anna's brother (now he was rather cute).I totally agree about the CGI sometimes it really takes away from a film, for example I hated the HULK for exactly that reason, it was soooooo over exagerated, sort of put a damper on the way I remember the tv show.

Looking forward to renting Paycheck with Ben Affleck and Uma Thurman, has anyone seen it??? Quite likely it will suck, but one has to be hopeful on occasion...

Hey, are there any old tv shows/old movies/comics anyone is actually looking forward to seeing on the big screen ?

Bewitched-------------HELL NO
    Barbarella-----yes but only because i like Drew
    WonderWoman-----if Sandra Bullock got the role
    Dukes of Hazzard----puleeeeeeeze say it isnt so !!!

Oh well, its in our nature to whine and moan about things, it makes for interesting conversation at least.

11. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    First DO NOT rent Paycheck...utter poop on a stick.

You've been warned.

Did you realize that the friar from V.H was LOTR's Farmir? took me about 20 mins of going "Man this guy seems familar" to get it.

12. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Farmir rocked in Van Helsing.

I totally and utterly disagree regarding Paycheck. But I am an avid fan of Philip K. Dick. I enjoyed it immensely, and it will be on my to buy list.

13. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    I'm a fan of Philip K. Dick as well but that movie just doesn't hold it. John Woo has lost his edge.

It's funny I was thinking near the end of the film. "Wow he didn't use any slow motion doves flying into the shot" then about 3 minutes later..BANG Slow Mo Doves.

I swear John Woo could do a movie on a freakin Sub or a Space station and he'd still work it in.

I think he must have a backally deal with some international Doves consortium.

14. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Personally, I think he has a contract with IAATE (International Association of Avian Trainers and Educators) [face_chicken] All the slow-mo doves he can get in all his movies for the price of one in his first movie. Hey...bird trainers need work. ;)

Okay, this just proved what we all know...I'm a bird geek. :-B

15. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    *points*

BIrd Geek! Bird Geek!

I think you need to have that added to your Geek Card ;)

Ironically, I usually can't stand John Woo movies, and was expecting to be disappointed. Maybe I was just in the right frame of mind when I saw it. Low Expectations.

16. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Oh one thing that's really strange on that movie. They dubbed the dialog over...and did a bad job of it.

just didn't match up half the time.

17. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Its funny how you have Matt Damon who does a kick a$$ movie called The Bourne Identity - which a person looses his memory and then you have Ben Afleck (Matt's best friend) doing a movie about a person who looses his memory. Hmmmmm

18. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Interesting story. Ben almost didn't take it cause of Matt's movie. He didn't want EXACTLY that comparison ;)

19. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    LOL I bet he didn't. But anything is better than being a JayLo marital statistic. ;) Heh heh

20. MaraJadeEmperorsHand

Oct 22, 2002
    Awwwww poor Ben if he doesn't make a really good movie soon he will be pitied forever/and never hear the end of the Bennifer jokes...

Good call Dead, I thought he looked familar but didn't dwell on it, normally i would drive myself nuts trying to figure out what i had seen the guy in, I am sooo looking forward to all the extra goodies in the LOTR set.

LDV what is with the shamrocks? They look pretty, are you looking for leprechauns? Or are you out of Lucky Charms ?

John Woo is the man !

21. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    I knew it was Faramir before the movie came out. Saw it in the trailers.

22. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
  23. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    It's all about Irish Pride MJEH! :D [face_good_luck]

I can't wait for ROTK extended edition. I have the first two and I can't watch the theatrical version without feeling like something very important is missing.

24. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Completely agreed Miss Hawk. I have no desire to buy the theatrical for that very reason.

25. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    I plan to borrow a copy for awhile.

Another Movie hits on Tuesday. Club Dread.

ok this movie is DUMB but really funny if you like this kind of humor.

Basically if you liked Super Troopers (another classic LDV has yet to see) you'll like this one too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.