main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN Topic locked? Censorship? What gives?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by K9-Rod, Feb 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K9-Rod

K9-Rod Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2002
    Ok, why was that humorous topic locked?

I understand if the "converstion" was headed in another direction other than the one in the title but it was all a big joke....?

dark4ce, there was a time I agreed with you...now I am not sure. But I respect your opinion...maybe we can discuss this on another post I just posted.

JarJar, "Would a merger of groups be beneficial then? To put it bluntly, no."
    well in response I will quote you "That is your opinion and not fact."

"I'm not going to get into all of the why's....."
    Why not? Why are people sometimes afraid of having a discussion with other people who don't share their views...I used to agree with you JarJar. But nobody else did....maybe talking about it in the open might make some people realize what you think. Try it....well that discussion is for another topic.

But back to topic, at first it was obvious humperdink was being silly. Part of the problem, I think is the way some responses rub some people the wrong way. It's kind of weird to tell someone that their opinion is "just an opinion" not fact, when they never said it was a fact. Yet on the same e-mail, you try to make your opinion sound like "a fact".

I can see how some might not like the tone that seems to have.

But then Adam jokes about having an opinion or not being allowed to give it...and what happens? The topic is locked!

I know he was being silly and all but then the topic is locked. It makes his statement seem true. Like if you don't agree with certain people your topic wil be locked or you will be silenced!

I am guessing this topic will eventually be locked too but oh, well...at least I got this off my chest.

ALL OF US (including myself) need to get back to basics....loving Star Wars and collecting if that is how you show it!

2. humperdink

humperdink Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2002
    In response to my locked down topic of TSWCG takeover, which was an "obvious" joke..

.. Does this mean we are not friends ?
    Because well, the thought of that, i just don't think i could bear it.

Humperdink

3. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    It was locked for not being relevant to the matter of finding a new CR. The thread had run it's course and was moving in the direction of becoming not so nice. The way I looked at it, it was worth closing at the point of everything still being good fun. It's not about censoring anyone, it's just about staying on target.

I don't even know who Dark4ce is, all I knew is that he/she was saying the merger is good and so far as I know they have never attended an FF meeting. I said a merger isn't good idea, and it's my opinion but it's one I will stick by. I'm not getting into it any more than that.

Lastly, if you don't like the way I had the thread closed or my reasoning, I will be gone in 18 days. That's only a litle over two weeks that the dictator will be in power. If there is no CR elected to take my place and no FF chapter in Knoxville, there will not be Knoxville forum either, so there will be nothing more to deal with.

Rod I respect you, but please don't try to start drama over this. It's not a personal attack on anyone at all and I am trying to avoid that at all costs. Good enough?

4. K9-Rod

K9-Rod Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2002
    No biggie, JarJar, I wasn't trying to start some drama....sorry. I know it seemed that way. I was kind of curious.

And I see why it was done....I just thought it wa pretty silly (can't expect much from that humperdink :) ) and I thought one funny thread wouldn't hurt.

No biggie...post on!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.