main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Topic: ? of the week.......Dec 29th - Jan 4th

Discussion in 'Archive: Jacksonville, NC' started by cinemafreak, Dec 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    Having taken Christmas off, everyone should be ready for the new Question of the Week:

With the year ending this week, reflect on your year in Star Wars. What did you do for the first time, what did you get that was unique?

2. Master_SweetPea

Master_SweetPea Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    I watched and then obtained the "Battlestar Galactica" pilot, So now I can join the group of people who say that it isn't a SW rip off.
    hmmm...This year was the first time I went to something like IQM, different experience to say the least. I guess I realized that I am a "Sci-Fi geek" and I'm looking forward to more experiences....

3. JediKnight_Jerri

JediKnight_Jerri Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2002
    Let's see.......SW related.......something I did for the first time this year............I to can say that attending something like IQM where there was loads of venders and celebraties was something that I to got to do for the first time like Master_SweetPea did.

Something unique SW related that I got is a FX light saber and a SW ILM Visual Effects Crew Jacket...........................BUT.............the most unique SW item that I got is...............my very own LIVE SW action figure...................

4. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    Well, we saw the first SW cartoon that was actually cool, we went to a convention in costume (officially making us geeks) and got to eat lunch with celebs as well as interview them, started an internet radio show, made a starwars website, joined a fanforce, had lunch with another celeb at a later date, got to play with a Salcious Crumb puppet, was privy to some fanfilm insider info, that few know about (who wants to touch me), and added many friends (some I have become close to, some I want to be closer to - no insinuation intended). I would have to say that all-in-all, this has been a pretty kick ass year

Hey Jerri, do you keep him in his blister pack at night?

5. JediKnight_Jerri

Nov 7, 2002
    hehee Rich..............On the contrary, I freed him from his plastic prision a long time ago...........He is way too much fun now that he is freed and he will never be put back in there again. Forget the part about leaving everything in it's wrapping/containers...................I want to play w/this action figure every day!!! :) ;)

6. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    Get a room! LOL Have fun with your co-pilot (wink, wink)

JMK

7. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Ummm, I'm just going to copy exactly what Rich said, since it pretty much covers it:

"Well, we saw the first SW cartoon that was actually cool, we went to a convention in costume (officially making us geeks) and got to eat lunch with celebs as well as interview them, started an internet radio show, made a starwars website, joined a fanforce, had lunch with another celeb at a later date, got to play with a Salcious Crumb puppet, was privy to some fanfilm insider info, that few know about (who wants to touch me), and added many friends (some I have become close to, some I want to be closer to - no insinuation intended). I would have to say that all-in-all, this has been a pretty kick ass year"

Oh, and the best part, my husband moved back in with me, and we have the joy of being Will's parents for a year! :D

8. JediKnight_Jerri

Nov 7, 2002
    Kevin............as a matter of fact............we are in a room right now in LA..........and FYI..........that would be the "other" co-pilot ...............

9. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    Hearing my son, while he and I are holding lightsabers, proclaim that I am the "Bad Man," and that he is "Skywalker," then charging me, saber swinging.

I've heard him sing the Star Wars theme, and quote lines while the movies play. Scrap the convention. Forget the Radio Show and all its interview, those are my favorite moments.

**sniff**
    Hell, I'm gettin' the vapors just thinkin' about it.
    **sob**

10. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Yeah, mostly, finding out that parenting, while challenging, is most rewarding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.