Topic: Question of the Week #3: What Were You Looking Forward To Seeing In AOTC?

Discussion in 'Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Jun 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey everyone! Here is question of the week #2.

Before you saw Episode II for the first time, what were you most looking forward to seeing in the film? Were there certain characters, places, events, or anything else that you just couldn't wait to see?

This week's question was provided by Technoviper. Thanks!

Tallon
  2. Jedi_Natalie Jedi Master

star 4
    Yoda!! I couldn't wait to see him do his lightsaber battle. Then I saw Anakin with two lightsabers and thought that was going to be awesome. I think in each movie the lightsaber battles are what I can't wait to see. Though I think I was just dying to know what the story was going to be, I mean I had been trying very hard to avoid spoilers, though I knew a lot Ididn't know how it all fit together. Oh yah and I was looking forward to the Bounty Hunter plot line, since they are my favs in the EU, I can't seem to get enough info about bounty hunters and I read whatever I can find. I think it all started with reading the Tales Of The Bounty Hunters...

Weren't we supposed to find out why Qui-Gon didn't dissapear? I thought that was going ot be revealed, but maybe it will be the next one.
  3. Garindan_the_Kubaz Jedi Padawan

Hmm, that's a difficult question when it comes to narrowing down to one or two things. I guess I'd say I was most looking forward to the "Clone War" sequences, or what turned out to be the battle on Geonosis after the arena. I love the epic battles such as that one was, battles like the Battle of Endor. I felt that I pretty much knew what was going to happen in the movie, because of spoiler exposure, so I was also looking forward to finding surprises. The Death Star was one surprise... somehow that escaped my notice in all the spoilers.
    And of course seeing the Fett family and multiple Jedi in action was something to be excited about seeing.
  4. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    Right, me too. I was expecting that explanation of why Qui-Gon didn't immolate after dying also. I speculate it's based on what level a Jedi Knight's closeness is with the Force. I tried to remain as personally spoilerless as possible so much of it would be a surprise, but that was one question I expected to see answered.
  5. chuckreis Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think in Clones I was most looking forward to the big battle at the end, including yoda and all that went with it, so basically I was looking forward to the last thrid of the movie :) Once I saw it though, man the whole thing just clicked with me, such a good flick.

The explanation I have heard (and like) for Qui not disappearing is that in order to do that you need to focus (like Obi Wan) and not die a tramatic death.

To add my own thoughts on it I think that the disappearing act is the person becoming one with the force before they die (hence having to perpare)

Also it is kinda neat to note that even though Anakin (Vader) did not disappear he came back in spectral form, making it look like the two are not linked.
  6. Jedi_Natalie Jedi Master

star 4
    My thoughts on why they don't dissapear is that you could say their mission is complete and their lives are fulfilled. Qui-Gon still wanted to train Anakin, he wasn't ready to die yet and he had things yet to do. Obi-Wan had been in charge of keeping his eye on Luke and making sure he got back on track with training, which he did. Technically Anakin coudl have dissapeared, If he hadn't died completely in the movie and he would still have all the outer armor they had to burn. I don't know.
  7. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    After seeing the trailers, the thing that I was most looking foward to seeing in AOTC was the arena battle. Seeing many Jedi in battle, at the same time, was something I had wanted to see for a long time. The fact that many of them were female made it that much cooler for me.
  8. dinoX Jedi Knight

star 3
    Dooku with 2 lightsabers. Guess I'll have to wait for the DVD in november. :(
  9. TallonKaardgamer Jedi Master

star 4
    Another thing: I was waiting to see if Palpatine would reveal himself as Darth Sidious / Emperor. I also wanted to see how the line of Jedi training progressed down from Yoda. Interesting to see , tho , how the line of Jedi training progressed. Yoda trained Dooku, Dooku trained Qui-Gon, Qui-Gon trained Obi-Wan.
  10. Psycho_Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    I wanted to see Yoda. Yoda is the man (or whatever species he is 8-}). There is no question about it. I also wanted to see how Anakin progressed from the first movie. But I definitely wanted to see Yoda. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.