main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN Topics to discuss from last meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by K9-Rod, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K9-Rod

K9-Rod Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2002
    Hey all,

Great turnout!

We had 11 members at the 8/6 meeting. Welcome to some of the new members, Marcus, Jamie and Brian.

1. Activities
    We talked about having some activities at the meetings instead of just sitting and talking....as fun as that is :)

Play a board game at every meeting? Go see a Sci-Fi movie? post here what kind of activities we would like to do.

For the next meeting it will be the official Trivial Pursuit! I will bring it and will start playing at 7:00pm...if you want to play you'd better be on the table :)

2. City Rep
    We talked about this but don't know if we came to a decision. Vote? appoint? you all decide.

3. Name for the group
    We decided we will keep it simple....
    Knoxville FANFORCE
    Sweet and to the point!

4. Events
    We talked about maybe getting some sort of charity event together for next Adventure Con. Maybe we can get the celebrities to help. I have talked to the organizer and will keep you posted.

Glad that all that made it made it.....every month it keeps getting bigger.

Anything else I forgot?

Let's use this post to talk about the topics that where brought up at the meeting (listed above).

2. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    Ok, I'll take it in order:

"Hey all,

Great turnout!"

Agreed! We had a lot of folks show up and I think pretty much everyone was glad they came.

I know I was!

"1. Activities
    We talked about having some activities at the meetings instead of just sitting and talking....as fun as that is.

Play a board game at every meeting? Go see a Sci-Fi movie? post here what kind of activities we would like to do."

Perhaps we could try to orgainze some activities here, like a get together to go bowling or maybe a game of pool at the tables just outside our room or something. As far as group Star Wars related projects go we could try to make something as group like a fan film or a diarama or soemthing, I dunno.

Having so many folks with varied interests makes it hard to peg down just one thing we could all enjoy, but we could use this thread or the next meeting to iron something out.

"For the next meeting it will be the official Trivial Pursuit! I will bring it and will start playing at 7:00pm...if you want to play you'd better be on the table"

I'm in if I can make it, which I should be able to. We need to play this game folks, Rod has brought it too many times now and it has been abandoned. Even if I am the only player, I will play it.

"2. City Rep
    We talked about this but don't know if we came to a decision. Vote? appoint? you all decide."

I think that this must be decided by the third meeting, which means we either do this at the meeting or decide this before the meeting happens. I personally don't care who the City Rep is, but like I said at the meeting it does need to be an active member of this board because the title appears in their name and it acts as advertising.

Secondly, the person needs to be in direct communication with whoever is in charge of the chapter if it is not the person in charge of the chapter. The City rep has to give reports to the FF reps about the meetings they hold, so it's pretty important stuff. Actually, here's what they say about it in their FAQ:

"Choose one individual to represent your organization to FanForce. This person will work directly with a FanForce Regional Support Administrator to help you plan out activities, interface with charities, gather sponsors (if and when necessary) and address all issues and concerns regarding FanForce and TheForce.Net in general."

Like I said, it's important stuff!

"3. Name for the group
    We decided we will keep it simple....
    Knoxville FANFORCE
    Sweet and to the point!"

Amen! :D

"4. Events
    We talked about maybe getting some sort of charity event together for next Adventure Con. Maybe we can get the celebrities to help. I have talked to the organizer and will keep you posted."

That would be cool. We should talk about this at the next meeting I think.

"Anything else I forgot?"

Not really, I can play around with some image stuff for a printed advertisemnt for the club once I get photoshop back. I'll let you know on that.

3. Padawan519

Padawan519 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2002
    It was a great time, good to see you all! As far as city rep, I think Jar Jar/James it is :)

4. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Wow! Y'all did have a great turnout! Congrats on yet another successful meeting.

About the City Rep position, it should be voted on by the group. Perhaps you can have a nomination thread in this forum, and then do the final vote at the third meeting. That is how many groups handle it.

As always, if there are any questions, please let me know. :)

5. K9-Rod

K9-Rod Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2002
    Cool idea....will do!

6. Padawan519

Padawan519 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2002
    Thank you for your guidance, Master Minacia ;)

"Your patience is finally paying off."
    "Your guidance, more than my patience."

Yeah, it's kinda out of context, but kinda fits the bill here :) Thanks again!

7. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    You don't need guidance, Padawan519.

:D

8. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Y'all are most welcome. I'm happy to help. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.