main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Topps Goes Wide with Episode II

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Amidala Starkiller, Jul 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Well, you could still buy a copy of the DVD on Walmart.com and get the cards...the DVD is going around $17 there...with shipping probalby $20. That might seem dumb, but the card sets are going for $20-30 by themselves at the moment on ebay (they'll eventually come down in price), but that way you'll have a DVD that you could then sell or give away as a christmas gift or donation or prize or whatever. :)

2. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Just ordered my box. I hope that I get Zam's autograph.

3. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Topps has shipped these cards early!!! As in today! If they aren't already in your local stores, they will be in the next couple days. People who preordered them should be getting them as early as tomorrow.

Word to the wise...ebay will be flooded with card sets, they will be worth next to nothing...so I would pay more than $5 for a set, and wouldn't be suprised if you could get it for $2.

Autographs will also be outrageous...it's best to just sit back for a while (honestly, about a month) and then try to get what you need/want. If the ratios match Evolution, these autos will only be selling for $10-20 a year from now, so to pay $40+ wouldn't be prudent. It's not to say certain characters might be valued more than others (probalby Yoda for instance), but I guarantee someone who thinks they'll win a prize for having the first complete auto collection will be paying $80+ for each card.

4. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Anyone have them yet?

No sign of them in Waco :(

5. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    Got my box today. :)

6. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    [image=http://images.auctionworks.com/hi/5/5439/sw_aayla.jpg]

This is what I want for Christmas. Not from e-Bay or any other outrageous online store, of course. Hopefully I can find one at a local store...fingers crossed.

7. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
  8. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    Do you think that they will get $500 for it?

I wonder if they will trade it for a Captin Typho card?

9. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    Well it's got 6 hours left with no bids

I posted here last night because I thought it was too funny, I mean $1,000 for a trading card.

10. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    The action now has ended and they had nobody bid on it. Did they think that anyone would be that dumb and buy it for that price. [face_laugh]

11. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    None of the comic shops I go to regularly ordered the Wide Vision set...only for the customers who special ordered. They are still trying to get rid of the first series.

$1,000 for a signed Daniel Logan "Boba" card? Really? :p

12. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    The guy reposted it for 9.99 [face_laugh]

13. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
  14. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    I still haven't seen any.... :mad:

I worried that I won't get any autographs because I don't have enough money for a box. Oh well.

15. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    Don't think you need to get a box to get any autographs. I just buy individual packs, and my first one had Zachariah Jensen's autograph in it.

16. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    Then you got very lucky :)

17. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    Yeah man you got very very lucky. I got my autograph card in my 10th pack out of 36 packs in the box. I was hoping for a second but did not get one. It looks like 1 aoutgraph card per box.

What autograph card has everyone else got. I got Captin Typho.

18. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    I've opened two boxes...first had Typho & Barris in it; box #2 had Yoda in it. :D

19. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Jun 1, 2002
    Yeah, I know it was probably a fairly uncommon thing. I just wanted to make the point that it's not necessary to get a full box, in case some people were feeling discouraged.

20. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Retail packs (from Target/Wal-Mart etc) have tougher autograph ratios when compared to the Hobby packs. This is even stated on the packs themselves, so if you're wanting autographs, you're best bet is to buy packs from a hobby shop or online source. Hobby wrappers have a black "Hobby Edition" logo stamp on the bottom right corner on the front of the wrapper...retail wrappers are blank.

Ratio for any autograph:
    Retail: 1:36 packs or one per box
    Hobby: 1:24 packs or three per 2 boxes

Curious enough, the mail in sweepstakes for a chance to win a auto at the same ratio as the packs is also different...retail packs have a different P.O. box versus the hobby ones, implying you're chances on winning would also be better via the hobby address.

21. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    I just wanted to make the point that it's not necessary to get a full box, in case some people were feeling discouraged.

Point taken, but at this point I really don't have a choice... I haven't seen any yet. [face_plain]

22. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Jun 1, 2002
    I'm sorry, Obi-Wan's Apparition. They will appear soon. Things usually show up around me a month or more after their first release, so if I have them, you probably do not have much longer to wait.

23. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Still haven't seen them. :( But, as I recall, I never saw Evolution in any stores either (I still don't have any of them.) I might as well just order some online.

24. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    I finally got an auto!

I got Saesee Tiin today!

*does happy dance*

25. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    :D

Just wondering, is anyone else having any problems finding these at retail? I've looked all over every week. I really want an auto. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.