TOR ToR Cinematic Trailer 3: Return

Discussion in 'Games' started by Sinrebirth, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Return

This is all manner of awesomeness.

I am loving how the trailers have established a 'cast' to the war, with Satele, her trooper, and Malgus. Great fun.
  2. Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Look! It's a human Cad Bane! :p

I vote they make a movie rather than a game.
  3. wild_karrde Chosen One

star 7
    Better than all 3 prequels combined!
  4. -polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host

Game Host
    star 4
    Is it just me or are the people at Bioware Sith sympathizers? I mean all 3 trailers have the Sith basically pwning the Republic. Even Hope shows a Pyrrhic victory by the Republic. I'd like to see the Republic and the Jedi getting their due. I guess I'll have to wait for the game itself to see it happen.

Still, these Blur cinematics are just awesome. This is the Star Wars we "deserve."
  5. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    I agree!!!

But in all seriousness how amazing is this. It reminded me of Kotor 1. And now I feel the need to bust it out and play through it for the millionth time!! Just OMG, so much epicness in this trailer.
  6. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7

Considering how little the bad guys ever "win" in Star Wars, it's refreshing to see the developers thinking outside the box.
  7. Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    ^Agreed, SLG.

It's funny you should say that, because as soon as I saw this trailer, that was the first thing I did. [face_laugh]
  8. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    lol Yeah I'm trying to find my copy and going to start playing tonight!
  9. wedge41388 Jedi Master

star 3
    ugh i loaned my copy to a friend and he is out of state....:oops:
  10. SinisterSamurai Jedi Knight

It was nice of them to leak the three-saber set up we can expect to see Starkiller using in TFUIII and Ahsoka using eventually </jaded>

I hope that, if the MMO does well, they keep making these every year.
  11. -polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host

Game Host
    star 4
    The "Choose" trailer is a nice amalgam of the three prior cinematics. It's nice but nothing new...except some new voice work.
  12. Yodaminch Chosen One

star 6
    To be honest, I thought this one showed some great moves by the Republic. The Jedi Master held out an extremely long time and even scored a kill.
  13. Avii Jedi Knight

star 1
    It was such an amazing trailer. It felt like it wrapped up the story that the trailers were showing us. Also when the smuggler drew those pistols, my jaw dropped to the floor. Then my jaw proceeded to go through the floor when the jedi master fought with the 3 lightsabers. It goes to show that Bioware knows how to treat Star Wars fans. Give us characters to care about and show them doing what they do best and we are a happy bunch. We would be even happier if they announced the release date...
  14. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm really not at all into videogames, and know basically nothing about Old Republic EU, but I have to say that these trailers have been absolutely mind-blowing. These five-minute snippets of fights are as good as anything else that has been recently released by LFL, and I felt I should pop into this forum to give my kudos to the trailer team for that.

I may not be planning on buying the MMO, but I'll happilly buy the storyline if it is animated by the people who made these previews! :)
  15. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    Hell yes. A good game this might make, but damn if a movie with these characters and this story wouldn't be the coolest thing we've seen since ESB.
  16. HectorV Jedi Padawan

It was absolutely awesome and definitely whets the appetite for the game:) and yeah i also had the sudden urge to play the KOTOR games after i watched that vid:)
  17. Espaldapalabras Force Ghost

star 5
    This made me remember why I liked Star Wars for the first time in literally years. Just came here to say that. MMOs aren't really my thing, I'm a little bummed they didn't do another RPG for the next gen consoles but I do have my Mass Effect.
  18. Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master

star 4
    So I realize that Revan's story will be told come October in the new book, but for a brief moment when I saw that Sith and his Mask, I wondered...could it be him? Granted I was relieved, yet slightly disappointed at the same time.
  19. Darth_FattyAss Jedi Master

star 1
    This is just speculation on my part...Althought I believe I heard this somewhere....But I have to think that Revan's story (perhaps what he was after) will play heavily into some of the end game content. I know they have referenced him in previous trailers however I can't see you creating a game, which in some respects hangs around this central character and not have him either directly or indirectly play a major role.
  20. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

star 6
    One word: Awesome! And I don't use that word often.

Revan I think will be somewhat like a pivot point in the plot, not applicable in the begining, but toward the end or middle knowing more about him can help turn things for your characters favor in the end if you do the associated plot lines.
  21. BasharGelion Jedi Padawan

After getting a chance to sit and talk with the writing team of The Old Republic, I can tell you, they're taking a lot of cues from Kotor. Drew Karpyshyn is still the lead writer there along with Daniel Erikson and there was not one question they did not have an answer to, and I thought I had some good ones.

Revan's story is very much the bridge between what we played in both Kotor's and what we'll see in TOR. I'm dying for that book to drop in October and they've already shown in one trailer (non-cinematic, unfortunately) that Revan's legacy continues through at least one major plotline of the game.
  22. judis9198 Jedi Knight

All of their cinematic trailers are awesome. This one was pretty sick though.
  23. Chance the Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    Anyone catch that the voice-actor for the smuggler is the same guy who voices Bender (Futurama) and Marcus Fenix (Gears of War)?
  24. yankee8255 Force Ghost

star 6
    Overall very cool, but did anyone else feel that at times it was like a giant mash-up of scenes from the two movie trilogies?
  25. FalorWindrider Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    John Marston, is that you?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.