main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR ToR Cinematic Trailer 3: Return

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Sinrebirth , Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Return

This is all manner of awesomeness.

I am loving how the trailers have established a 'cast' to the war, with Satele, her trooper, and Malgus. Great fun.

2. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Look! It's a human Cad Bane! :p

I vote they make a movie rather than a game.

3. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Better than all 3 prequels combined!

4. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    Is it just me or are the people at Bioware Sith sympathizers? I mean all 3 trailers have the Sith basically pwning the Republic. Even Hope shows a Pyrrhic victory by the Republic. I'd like to see the Republic and the Jedi getting their due. I guess I'll have to wait for the game itself to see it happen.

Still, these Blur cinematics are just awesome. This is the Star Wars we "deserve."

5. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I agree!!!

But in all seriousness how amazing is this. It reminded me of Kotor 1. And now I feel the need to bust it out and play through it for the millionth time!! Just OMG, so much epicness in this trailer.

6. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003

Considering how little the bad guys ever "win" in Star Wars, it's refreshing to see the developers thinking outside the box.

7. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    ^Agreed, SLG.

It's funny you should say that, because as soon as I saw this trailer, that was the first thing I did. [face_laugh]

8. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    lol Yeah I'm trying to find my copy and going to start playing tonight!

9. wedge41388

wedge41388 Jedi Padawan star 3

Apr 15, 2010
    ugh i loaned my copy to a friend and he is out of state....:oops:

10. SinisterSamurai

SinisterSamurai Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2011
    It was nice of them to leak the three-saber set up we can expect to see Starkiller using in TFUIII and Ahsoka using eventually </jaded>

I hope that, if the MMO does well, they keep making these every year.

11. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    The "Choose" trailer is a nice amalgam of the three prior cinematics. It's nice but nothing new...except some new voice work.

12. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    To be honest, I thought this one showed some great moves by the Republic. The Jedi Master held out an extremely long time and even scored a kill.

13. Avii

Avii Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 29, 2010
    It was such an amazing trailer. It felt like it wrapped up the story that the trailers were showing us. Also when the smuggler drew those pistols, my jaw dropped to the floor. Then my jaw proceeded to go through the floor when the jedi master fought with the 3 lightsabers. It goes to show that Bioware knows how to treat Star Wars fans. Give us characters to care about and show them doing what they do best and we are a happy bunch. We would be even happier if they announced the release date...

14. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I'm really not at all into videogames, and know basically nothing about Old Republic EU, but I have to say that these trailers have been absolutely mind-blowing. These five-minute snippets of fights are as good as anything else that has been recently released by LFL, and I felt I should pop into this forum to give my kudos to the trailer team for that.

I may not be planning on buying the MMO, but I'll happilly buy the storyline if it is animated by the people who made these previews! :)

15. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Hell yes. A good game this might make, but damn if a movie with these characters and this story wouldn't be the coolest thing we've seen since ESB.

16. HectorV

HectorV Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2011
    It was absolutely awesome and definitely whets the appetite for the game:) and yeah i also had the sudden urge to play the KOTOR games after i watched that vid:)

17. Espaldapalabras

Espaldapalabras Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2005
    This made me remember why I liked Star Wars for the first time in literally years. Just came here to say that. MMOs aren't really my thing, I'm a little bummed they didn't do another RPG for the next gen consoles but I do have my Mass Effect.

18. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    So I realize that Revan's story will be told come October in the new book, but for a brief moment when I saw that Sith and his Mask, I wondered...could it be him? Granted I was relieved, yet slightly disappointed at the same time.

19. Darth_FattyAss

Darth_FattyAss Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2002
    This is just speculation on my part...Althought I believe I heard this somewhere....But I have to think that Revan's story (perhaps what he was after) will play heavily into some of the end game content. I know they have referenced him in previous trailers however I can't see you creating a game, which in some respects hangs around this central character and not have him either directly or indirectly play a major role.

20. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    One word: Awesome! And I don't use that word often.

Revan I think will be somewhat like a pivot point in the plot, not applicable in the begining, but toward the end or middle knowing more about him can help turn things for your characters favor in the end if you do the associated plot lines.

21. BasharGelion

BasharGelion Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2011
    After getting a chance to sit and talk with the writing team of The Old Republic, I can tell you, they're taking a lot of cues from Kotor. Drew Karpyshyn is still the lead writer there along with Daniel Erikson and there was not one question they did not have an answer to, and I thought I had some good ones.

Revan's story is very much the bridge between what we played in both Kotor's and what we'll see in TOR. I'm dying for that book to drop in October and they've already shown in one trailer (non-cinematic, unfortunately) that Revan's legacy continues through at least one major plotline of the game.

22. judis9198

judis9198 Jedi Youngling

Jun 19, 2011
    All of their cinematic trailers are awesome. This one was pretty sick though.

23. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    Anyone catch that the voice-actor for the smuggler is the same guy who voices Bender (Futurama) and Marcus Fenix (Gears of War)?

24. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Overall very cool, but did anyone else feel that at times it was like a giant mash-up of scenes from the two movie trilogies?

25. FalorWindrider

FalorWindrider Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 7, 2010
    John Marston, is that you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.