main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR ToR Cinematic Trailer 3: Return

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Sinrebirth , Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Exactly. Especially the inside of the smuggler ship ripped off from the Millennium Falcon and the Republic troopers looking too much like Clone troopers. :mad:

But aside from that, it's a really cool trailer, especially the lightsaber duels. :D

2. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    More of a combo of the Ebon Hawk and the MF.

3. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Quick question: the female jed who takes off with the smuggler: is that the same person from the Threat of Peace web-comic?

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Yep. It's Satele Shan. She's in the Hope trailer too.

She's the descendant of Bastila Shan and Darth Revan, I believe.

5. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    Has her parentage been confirmed to include Revan? I figured with the last name of Shan that she's a descendant of Bastila's but I hadn't heard if Revan is the daddy. If so, cool beans. If no, then who?

6. Riven_JTAC

Riven_JTAC Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2011
    Am I the only one who thinks Satele Shan is looking worse with each appearance?

I loved her character design in ToP. I became enamored with her character because of that.

Then "Hope" came out. You just knew that girl was going to be Satele. She looked good, but I didn't like the change.

Now there's "Return" and I think she actually looks worse than she did in "Hope," despite the fact that she's supposed to be younger.

And then there's "Lost Suns," and what little we see of her... yikes.

Aside from that rant...

The "Return" trailer looks awesome. I cannot wait for this game. I may not get it right away, depending on what's in the Collector's Edition, but I think it may be my only second MMO ever.

7. Darth_FattyAss

Darth_FattyAss Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2002
    I wouldn't say worse....but I find it funny that although "Return" happens before "Hope" chronologically Satele appears younger in Hope. Also, you would think that since the same studio is handling all three trailers there would be a little more consistency....That said, I think she looks pretty hot in the Hope Trailer.

On a seperate note, Although I loved the trailer it did seem a little to formulaic to me...the over the top obvious allusions to TPM as well as the Death Star run in ROTJ were a little dissapointing especially in light of how differnt the first two were....but again, I still thought it was amazing and did have a nice geekgasm while watching.

8. Juma-Juice

Juma-Juice Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2006
    It's my second favorite trailer, after Return. Return just came out of nowhere and blew me away; made me enamored with Star Wars again.

That being said, I believe Return is more than just a trailer - it's the game's start up cinematic as well.

9. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Even more than that -- the meteor field (ESB) combined with the dogfight during the escape from the Death Star in the original movie.

10. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    I noticed I haven't watched the trailer since it was first released. [face_plain]

11. Kius

Kius Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2011
    That is correct- "Return" is the opening cinematic in SWTOR.

While I loved the trailer, as I tend to usually do with all these TOR trailers, I couldn't help but feeling like I have seen this before, somehow- like this was just a re-hashing of the movies and what-not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.