main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Torchwood/Doctor Who] Let Me Be the First to Say -- Ianto/Martha (V-day crack!ship Challenge)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by mavjade , Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Title: Let Me Be the First to Say
    Author: mavjade
    Fandom: Torchwood/Doctor Who (While Martha was on Torchwood, I still consider her a Who character)
    Genre: AU obviously, Romance
    Characters: Ianto/Martha
    Timeline: Starts during Series Two's Reset
    Notes: This was written for the NSWFF Valentine's Day crack!ship challenge. WARNING: Very vague references to an SSR. If you blink you would miss it! ;)

~*~*~*~

"So, am I right in thinking you and he...?" Martha asked Ianto while they were working on her false identity so she could infiltrate the Pharm.

"No, not anymore," Ianto sighed. "Jack is who he is and I'm not going to take that away from him. He grew up knowing completely different cultural rules so I understand, but I know enough about myself to know I can't deal. It isn't fair to anyone to draw things out."

"He told me that, about you; dependable Ianto. Always doing what is best for everyone else." She gave Ianto a sad smile, she could see that Jack was right. While he could make it sound as though he was doing what he had to do for himself, he was really protecting Jack. While Jack did sometimes need protecting, so did the others, especially Ianto.

He looks so young, Martha thought. Though she knew he was only a few years younger than she, still she felt like he was too young to be doing what he did everyday. She knew though he looked young, his eyes told another story entirely. His eyes told a story of someone who had seen way too much, done way more than he should have and lived more lives than twenty men. But despite all of that he was still a kind caring man, someone who always was looking out for others, doing anything he could to make sure everyone else had what they needed, be it for Torchwood or just for life.

Martha sighed, Why can't I find guys like that? Why am I attracted to the wildly unavailable? And then another thought occurred to her, He is available, attractive, close to my age, funny, smart, caring. A large smile formed across her face.

Ianto was staring at Martha thinking something was wrong when a strange smile crossed her face, it was a little disconcerting in the situation but her smile made him smile. "What?" he asked her.

Shaking her head to try and get rid of the remaining thoughts, "Nothing, just thinking."

"About..." Ianto tried to drag it out of her.

"Nothing, just something someone once told me and I think I finally realized the truth in their words," she told him hoping he would drop the subject. That you really do look good in a suit, especially that suit. I bet red is really is your color seeing the pink on you. She hoped the blush she could feel rising at her thought wasn't showing, she didn't need the man questioning her anymore.

"I guess we should get this stuff set up," Ianto said as he walked up the stairs and back into the main part of the hub.

Martha was so lost in her thoughts she didn't hear him. The more she thought about Ianto, the more she liked the idea. Sure she lived in London and worked for UNIT, but that didn't mean they couldn't have some fun. They both worked very demanding, top secret jobs but not for the same group. It might be nice to be closer to someone she could talk to about some things that she would not be allowed to share with a civilian. Not that they would be allowed to discuss all things, but Torchwood and UNIT worked together enough that it could work.

Ianto was at the top of the autopsy bay when he realized Martha wasn't following him. He turned back to look at her and saw something he had never seen before. Usually when he looked at her he saw the UNIT doctor, someone who was very focused on her work, but looking now he saw the other side of Martha. She looked almost happy at her thoughts, her eyes dancing with excitement, and she was beautiful.

" Tea-boy!" came Owen's familiar cry. "I need some of your liquid happiness."

Shaking his head, Ianto smiled at Martha who had since realized he was starring at her and walked further into the

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Awww, this was really cute!!

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Nat: Awww, this was really cute!!
    Thanks! :)
    This really got me to like this ship in a way, and it inspired some really fun plot bunnies, so thank you all for hosting this challenge! :)
    Thanks for reading! [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.