main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Torchwood] Jones, Ianto Jones -(Dear Diary Challenge 2009) ~ Update 22 May ~

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by mavjade , Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Title: Jones, Ianto Jones
    Author: mavjade
    Fandom: Torchwood
    Disclaimer: As much as I wish I owned Ianto Jones and he was sitting here making me coffee [face_coffee], I do not and he is not. Nor do I own anything having to do with Torchwood, I just like to play in the sandbox!
    Genre: Possibly AU, Angst, sci-fi
    Characters: From the POV of Ianto Jones, including, Capt. Jack Harkness, Gwen Cooper, Owen Harper, Toshiko Sato. Possibly others
    Timeline: Starting pre-season one, just after the battle of Canary Wharf
    Notes:Written as part of the 2009 Dear Diary Challenge

There are many things that happen in Torchwood that aren't allowed to be written about here on the boards, so some of this may appear OOC (or it might because I've never really written Ianto! :p ) since I'm avoiding some topics, but I'll try and keep it within his character anyway.
    Also, seeing as how I am American and this is not an American show, I'm going to apologize now for my Americanisms. I'll do my best to keep them out, but I don't know how well I'll do. Please feel free to point them out and I'll try and fix it! (This also applies if I mess up the usage of something I've looked up!)

PM List: If you would like to be added or taken off, please let me know!

Ceillean
    moosemouse
    Trimaj

[i] 18 June 2006[/i]

I had to get her out of there. I couldn't let them complete the conversion, let my Lisa become one of them. I will find a way to fix her.

I was down in the archives when they came. At first I knew nothing of them, I didn't know there was anything unusual going on, until the screams started. The screaming and the noise was so loud, I didn't know what to do. I have very little field training, just the basic that all Torchwood employes get, I didn't even have a weapon. All I knew was I had to find her.

I should have known something was going on with the ghost shifts, but it wasn't my place -a junior researchers place- to say anything. Even if I had, I'm sure Yvonne Hartman would have never stoped.

I'll never forgive myself for not trying.

After I managed to get Lisa out, I knew I had to get her somewhere fast. I couldn't take her back to our flat, it would arise too much suspicion. I managed to drag her out of Torchwood Tower and found an abandoned van that still had the keys in it. I didn't know what else to do, so I settled her in the back the best I could, thankful that she was still unconscious. I ran back into the Tower to grab any supplies I thought I would need, mostly medical things. I left as fast as I could, I didn't want to see anyone else I knew in pain or worse. I drove out of London, doing my best to avoid the major traffic areas though that was pretty much everywhere. Luckily there was so much panic, no one was really paying attention to everyone who was leaving the city; the last thing I needed was to be caught with a partially converted cyberman.

I found a place where I could park the van and hopefully no one will notice it or disturb us. I know I can't keep her in here very long, I'm pretty sure the unit needs power that I don't have here, but I don't know where to go. Moving something this big is suspicious so I don't want to do it very often. Once I move her, I want it to be for good.

As I sit here in the back and look at Lisa, still as beautiful as ever, I know I've done the right thing. She still knows who I am, I can see the love in her eyes, behind the pain. I know she is still there, I just have to find a way to get her out of this damned casing.

She occasionally wakes up, screaming in pain, screaming my name and I do what I can. I give her the drugs that I know the names of, in small dosages until she seems like she isn't in pain. I just hope I'm not going to kill her myself. I can't stand to listen to her in pain.

Tomorrow I will go back there and get anything else I need now that I know she is safe and hopefully I'll come up with a plan.

I hate not having

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, poor girl.

I know nothing about Torchwood, but this looks really interesting!

3. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Nat:
    Aww, poor girl.
    Yes, poor Lisa, she was a victim. :( But really, poor Ianto. You'll see why! ;)

I know nothing about Torchwood, but this looks really interesting!
    Thank you for reading even though you don't know it! [:D] If you have any questions at all, please ask. :)

[i] 19 June 2006[/i]

I carefully drove back into London with Lisa still in the back. I knew the moving and bumping was hurting her but I had no choice, I had no where to take her and I had to get back to Torchwood Tower. London was still in a small state of panic, but not like yesterday.

I parked where I hoped no one would bother her for the few minutes I was gone. I checked to make sure she was alright, kissed her on the head wishing to get some response. I knew she was too drugged to feel it - I had to make sure she didn't start screaming while I was gone- but it hurt anyway.

Once in the tower, I scavenged what medical supplies I could and any part from the conversion chambers that looked like they would help. The most important thing I was looking for was in the place I knew the best, the Archives. I wanted all the information we had on the cybermen, cyber technology, cybernetics, I took anything that had the word 'cyber' in it. I also took a rift activity locater, I figure it never hurts to know when things are coming through.

As I was working my way through the rubble, keeping an eye out in case there were still cybermen about, I saw two people looking through everything. I didn't really care what they were looking at, I was there for a specific purpose and nothing else but, they looked familiar. Not in a 'I think I might have worked with them' way. There were so many people that worked in Torchwood Tower that it would be impossible to know everyone, but I knew that wasn't why I knew them. I felt like I had been told about them before, warned even, but I was too tired to give it much thought.

I avoided them at all costs. I did not want to get caught stealing supplies, even if that was what they were there for and got back to Lisa. I checked to make sure she wasn't waking up or in pain and I drove off, not looking back at the ruins that were once Torchwood Tower. I never want to see it again.

It was only after we had gotten back to our hiding place and I began to look through the things I had gathered that I realized why I recognized those people. I may not have ever worked with them but they were Torchwood.

Torchwood Three, Cardiff.

Jack Harkness' Torchwood.

This was the idea I had been looking for; a place for us to go, for us to hide. I could get a job with Torchwood Three and I would have access to all the materials, power and the ability to research in Torchwood archives that I needed.

All I have to do is convince their leader that he needs to hire me, and I know exactly how.

Captain Jack Harkness is infamous, and I'm pretty sure not just with Torchwood. I would bet if you said his name anywhere in Cardiff there would be plenty of people rolling their eyes. It is for this reason he's [i]going[/i] to hire me.

Please forgive me, Lisa.

4. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    This seems really interesting. I'm going to go look up Torchwood now.

Would you PM me when you update?

5. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    never even heard of torchwood before mav, but since you were writing it i thought i'd give it a look. decidedly interesting fandom and situation. definitely will be following.

good writing, good voice for the character, and interesting peering into ianto's thoughts.

seriously wondering who this harkness fellow is...

and definitely poor lisa.

:snoopy

6. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I loved Torchwood, and Ianto, and Captain Jack. [face_love] Can I be added to the PM list?

7. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Since most everyone reading hasn't seen TW, I'll do my best to briefly sum it up, though it is hard.

There is a rift that runs through space and time and Torchwood Three is there to monitor, collect and study things that fall through it. They also to protect ordinary citizens from alien threat. To quote Capt. Jack Harkness: The 21st century is when everything changes and we gotta be ready. What exactly he means by that, we aren't really sure! ;)

Here is a wikipedia article on the Torchwood Institute that talks about all of Torchwood and it's locations.

Ceillean: This seems really interesting. I'm going to go look up Torchwood now.
    Thanks so much! Torchwood is a great show... one of my favorites! It can be a little cheesey at times and it doesn't have the best CG ever but that is kinda what makes it so much fun! :D

Trimaj:never even heard of torchwood before mav, but since you were writing it i thought i'd give it a look.
    Wow! Thanks so much! That is a big complement! :D

decidedly interesting fandom and situation
    It is a strange but absolutely wonderful show... a blast to watch!

definitely will be following.good writing, good voice for the character, and interesting peering into ianto's thoughts.
    Thanks so much! I'm a little worried about writing Ianto because there is so much we don't know about him.

and definitely poor lisa.
    Oh yes, poor Lisa. But like I told Nat, it really is poor Ianto. You'll see why eventually.

moosemousse: I loved Torchwood, and Ianto, and Captain Jack.
    Me too! [face_love] It's gonna be hard to write here on the boards and keep in the TOS so I'm thinking about writing two versions. One for here and one to put on my LJ with all the really fun stuff! ;) [face_batting][face_whistling]

Can I be added to the PM list?
    Sure! :D

PM List: If you would like to be added or taken off, please let me know!

Ceillean
    moosemouse

8. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    In the interest of being a good girl and disclaiming, when he is talking about things that happened in Torchwood episodes I'll put what episode up here at the top.
    This entry mentions plot lines from Series Two Episode 12: Fragments, since that is a flash back episode and chronologically fits here.

[i] 20 June 2006[/i]

We arrived in Cardiff in just a few short hours and I quickly found a place to hide the van, It was much easier here than it was outside of London. While I had lived in London for several years, Cardiff will always be home. God it feels good to be home, I just wish Lisa could enjoy it with me.

I found a cheap cottage to rent that is out of the way where hopefully there are no prying eyes. I told the owner the truth, mostly. I [u]am[/u] just leaving London and moving back home, I just left out [u]why[/u] I was coming home. I figure getting into Torchwood Three will be difficult and we can't keep staying in the van, there isn't enough power or I wouldn't have risked it.

I managed to get the van all the way up to the door of the cottage so no one will be able to see what I'm moving in. I got Lisa settled the best I could and decided to plan.

A while back I took it upon myself to know where all the Torchwood locations were; all except for Torchwood Four, no one knows where it went. I don't know why I wanted to know, but I'm glad I do or this might have been much harder. Three's Hub is underneath the water tower at Roald Dahl Plass, an area I luckily know pretty well.

All I have to do is to find Harkness there alone, I don't want to do what I have to do in front of any of his people, at least not yet. It will be hard to avoid raising their suspicions, I know they monitor the comings and goings of the plass very carefully, the CCTV always looking for suspicious activity. Perhaps I can catch him at night, off guard, help him with something. I'll show him how valuable I can be.

[i][u]Evening[/u][/i]

After watching Roald Dahl Plass for most of the evening I was about to give up knowing I had to get back to Lisa when he suddenly appeared out of no where, alone. He seemed to be in some what of a hurry so I decided to follow him and see what was going on.

He walked quickly to a near by park and then started running. When I caught up to him I saw a weevil attacking him, going for his neck. He couldn't hire me if he was dead so I decided to help him out. I picked up a large stick and hit the weevil hoping to knock it out. Unfortunately it only made it mad and it started to attack me. Harkness managed to get up, tackle it and inject it with something to knock it out, or kill it. I'm not exactly sure what he used.

I thanked him for getting it off me and he thanked me for my help, a good sign I think.

"And you are?" He asked me.

I replied, "Jones, Ianto Jones." An idiotic reply but it seemed to do the trick as it made him smile and introduce himself.

I looked to his neck thinking I could get closer to him by offering to dress his wound but when I looked at it there was nothing there. Blood was all over his hands and on his undershirt but there was no wound. Very strange, I know he was hurt but there was no trace. He said he had worse from shaving. I don't believe him but I don't have the time to worry about it.

I decided to let him know that I knew what that was that had attacked him hoping he would know that there is more to me than meets the eye. "Looked like a weevil to me."

He pretended he didn't know what I was speaking of and threw the weevil over his shoulders. As he was leaving I decided to play to his vanity, something else he was infamous for, "By the way, love the coat."

He didn't turn or even acknowledge what I said, but I figure it got to him. I hope it did.

Tomorrow I'll approach again, see what I can do to get closer.

Maybe I'll take him some coffee.

[hr]

For those who don't watch, here is what a weevil looks like!
    [image=http://www.mattwardman.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/q-photo-torchwood-weevil.jpg] <-- Janet

9. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Ooh, I remember that episode. I want to watch it again now. It's really nice to see it from Ianto's view. :D

10. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Not even a clue what Torchwood is, either, but this is interesting. That's a weevil? Oh my...

Good job, mav. :)

11. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    harkness doesn't seem to be a terribly approachable man. but who, in that kind of situation, doesn't like some free coffee?

weevils... nasty looking little buggers.

another great post mav. hook me up with PM's so i know when you update next time.;)

12. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Entry 4 will be posted tomorrow! :) Thanks for reading everyone! [:D]

moosemousse: Ooh, I remember that episode. I want to watch it again now. It's really nice to see it from Ianto's view.
    That's one of my favorite episodes of all... I love getting back stories! :) I hope I'm doing Ianto justice!

DaenaBenjen42: Not even a clue what Torchwood is, either, but this is interesting. That's a weevil? Oh my...

Thank you for reading even though you don't know what it is! [:D] It's a great sci-fi show! :D Yep, that's a weevil... vicious creatures, they are!

Good job, mav.
    Thanks, Daena! [:D]

Trimaj: harkness doesn't seem to be a terribly approachable man. but who, in that kind of situation, doesn't like some free coffee?
    Actually, usually Jack is very approachable, there are reasons why he doesn't want anything to do with Ianto... you'll find out very soon. And you are right about the coffee, especially when Ianto Jones makes it. The man takes pride in his coffee skills! :) [face_coffee]

weevils... nasty looking little buggers.
    Oh they are... I wouldn't want to get in a fight with one that's for sure!!

another great post mav. hook me up with PM's so i know when you update next time.
    Thanks! Sure thing!!
    [:D]

13. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005

Episodes mentioned this entry: 2x11 Fragments

[i]21 June 2006[/i]

This morning I went back to the Cardiff hub hoping to get my next chance to speak with Jack Harkness, which I did, to no avail.

I took him a fresh cup of my coffee, and while it had the effect I had hoped it would --he looked like he might die right there just from one taste-- I had hoped that would throw him off, so that he would be so caught up in my coffee that he would just say yes when I told him I wanted a job.

I tried to tell him about myself, prove that I could be useful to him but it seems he already knew all about me, said that after I knew what a weevil was he thought he was going to have to take care of me..He knew my full name, my birthday, my academic record even about the shoplifting conviction I got when I was fourteen.

He also knew about Lisa. I told him she was dead.

He told me he had severed links with Torchwood One, not that I blame him after what happened, but that he wasn't hiring anyone, I got the feeling that he just didn't want to hire anyone having anything to do with London. I tried to guilt trip him, ask him what I was supposed to do with the memories, the memories of people I loved being tortured as they were changed into metallic monsters. He told me I wasn't his responsibility.

I don't think working for him would change any of the memories, if anything it might make them worse. I can barely sleep because I see them all in my dreams, reaching out to me begging me to help them but I can never reach them and everyone I know is still converted. I see Lisa's beautiful face contort in pain, an image I see no matter if I'm awake or asleep. Even if working for Torchwood Cardiff makes those memories worse and I relive them every day of my life it will be worth it to keep my Lisa alive, to save her life.

I'm currently working on finding someone who is an expert in cybertech to help me but it seems many of them have disappeared in recent days, not that this is very surprising in light of what has happened. I'm just hoping I'll be able to find someone sooner than later, but for now I can use the information I already have and hope it is enough.

I promised Harkness I would be back tomorrow and it's a promise I intended to keep. Everyday, if I must, until he gives in.

14. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    I really must get into this show. This sounds sooo interesting.

But why don't London and Cardiff get along, though? I'm guessing to understand all this, it would be best to have watched the series?

Great update and thanks for the PM!

15. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    seems like his coffeenerdness is indeed as massive and effective as he hoped. wonder what his secret is...[face_thinking]

figured harkness would be hardnosed for a little while longer. but i gotta wonder why london has such a big part in it? i'm guessing we'll be finding out at some point...

yea, i think i see why you were saying poor ianto somewhat... but i still think i pity lisa more as she's having to live with the pain all the time. although don't know if she's really concious of what's going on or not. if so she's definitely the worse off, if not then the emotional pain could very definitely equal it out or trump.

anyhoo, good update and you've about gotten me to the point that i'm gonna look for more to do with this torchwood...

danke for the PM.

16. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Poor Ianto. Sounds like he's going through a lot. :(

17. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    So he didn't want her converted to cybertech, then they escape, then she's injured, and now he wants her to survive so he'll let them convert her after all? Wow... poor, poor Ianto. That's a lot to take.

Good entry, Mav. :)

18. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    I hoping to have more up tomorrow! :)

Ceillean: I really must get into this show. This sounds sooo interesting.
    You really should! It is so much fun! Though I must warn you if you do, we haven't hit the start of season one yet... this is all covering stuff we've learned later on. Just warning you so you wouldn't be completely confused if you do! ;)

But why don't London and Cardiff get along, though? I'm guessing to understand all this, it would be best to have watched the series?
    Yeah, it would be eaiser if you knew the show, but again it's derived from two seasons of TW and some Doctor Who (and kind of a long story). Pretty much London has old and antiquated ways. They think if it's alien it's ours and can be experimented on, even if it's senescent. Jack doesn't agree to that. Also the Doctor is their #1 enemy and Jack being a former companion (sort of) knows he is out to help, not hurt.

Great update and thanks for the PM!
    Thank you! [:D] Not a problem! :)

Trimaj: seems like his coffeenerdness is indeed as massive and effective as he hoped. wonder what his secret is...
    [face_laugh] Oh it is! No one can make coffee like Ianto! I think many, many people wonder what his secret is, but he's not sharing! ;)

figured harkness would be hardnosed for a little while longer. but i gotta wonder why london has such a big part in it? i'm guessing we'll be finding out at some point...
    Jack is very protective of his people and what he thinks is right and if he thinks something is a threat he will stop at nothing to protect them. Anyone and anything from London is a threat therefor Ianto is a threat. To see some of why he doesn't like London see my response to Celliean.

ea, i think i see why you were saying poor ianto somewhat... but i still think i pity lisa more as she's having to live with the pain all the time.
    Oh, we still haven't even gotten to the 'poor Ianto' parts yet... those are still some time off. Though I do feel bad for him at this point, it gets much worse for him when it comes to Lisa.

although don't know if she's really concious of what's going on or not. if so she's definitely the worse off, if not then the emotional pain could very definitely equal it out or trump.
    She is in and out, but you are right the emotional pain would be tremendous!

anyhoo, good update and you've about gotten me to the point that i'm gonna look for more to do with this torchwood...
    Thanks so much! You should check TW out, it is an awesome show. Though like I told Ceillean, we haven't reached season one yet (chronologically they come before season one starts but we learned about them later on) so if you do decide to watch and don't see these things, that is why. :)

danke for the PM.
    Not a problem! Thank you for reading! [:D]

moosemouse: Poor Ianto. Sounds like he's going through a lot.
    He really is. I can't imagine what he went though not only with the Battle of Cannary Wharf but also with the aftermath. Having seen it, you know why I keep telling everyone it's not so much poor Lisa but poor Ianto! ;)
    Thanks for reading, moose! [:D]

DaenaBenjen42: So he didn't want her converted to cybertech, then they escape, then she's injured, and now he wants her to survive so he'll let them convert her after all?
    Not exactly... she's partially converted and he wants someone who's an expert to find out how to remove the converted parts. He'll go into that more later. Sorry if that wasn't clear! I'll post a pic of what she looks like with the next update.

Wow... poor, poor Ianto. That's a lot to take.
    Oh, yes... but we haven't even hit the bad part yet.

Good entry, Mav
    Thanks so much, Daena! Thanks for reading!! [:D]

19. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Episodes mentioned this entry: 2x11 Fragments

There are a few things written for this chapter that are not TOS happy, so if you would like to read the real version you can find it at my LiveJournal. Most of the entries from here on out will probably have two different versions, sometimes being drastically different sometimes not. This time they are not.
    I'm trying not to give anything away as far as the reason but I will warn that in the LJ version there will be an SSR, eventually. The LJ version will be the more realistic version but I understand that isn't everyone's cup of tea.

[i]22 June 2006[/i]

I did as I said and showed up at the same time with another cup of coffee. He started to refuse the coffee but eventually he took a drink. Unfortunately, only one and then spouted off the same things as yesterday; that there was no place there for me.

I told him I would be back tomorrow.

[i]23 June 2006[/i]

Same time, same result. Though he did take more than one drink of coffee and for a quick moment I thought I saw a smile. Unfortunately it was quickly replaced with a scowl.

I told him I wasn't giving up, that I loved the coat. He rolled his eyes and walked away.

I have to wonder why, when he knows I'll be there that he keeps showing up. I can only hope this is a good sign.

[i]24 June 2006[/i]

Still no job with Torchwood Three but I do believe Harkness has taken a like to my coffee. I had the cup sitting on a step and when he saw me empty handed he scowled at me, even more than he usually does. When I picked the cup up he smirked and his eyes lit up.

I knew I'd have him with the coffee, unfortunately it seems it is not enough.

I really need a way to prove myself, that I can be a valuable member of his team I just don't know exactly how.

[i]25 June 2006[/i]

I finally got the break I had been waiting for and it played out right as I had hoped.

I got a hit on the rift activity locater closer to the cottage where Lisa and I have been staying. I was much closer than they were at Three. I knew they would get the hit and hoped Harkness would show up after I had already arrived.

I saw their SUV coming down the road and stepped out in front of it. Harkness threatened to wipe my memory if I didn't get out of Cardiff and stop "stalking him". Evidently he was looking for something else that had fallen through the rift because he look confused when he started walking back to his vehicle and I asked him if he was going to help me catch the pterodactyl that I had found.

Luckily she was trapped in a warehouse. I knew that Torchwood, London at least, had caught several and it shouldn't be too hard, I just hoped to prove that I could be useful.

He didn't have any nets or any real equipment to catch the pterodactyl except a giant needle full of sedative. I pointed out that Torchwood London would have been better equipped, hoping he would notice that I knew what they would need in their SUV but it didn't seem to phase him.

Once we got in there and it didn't fly for us, he started talking to it as though he could communicate with the creature. I found it strange that he was telling the pterodactyl he had a place for it to live, a place where it could fly around; London would have probably caught it, studied it and then killed it.

I wonder if he meant what he said?

I was offended at the fact that he could use a flying dinosaur and not hire me, I informed him I could be a guard dog better than the pterodactyl because I could also get food and drink, do maintenance and dry clean his coat.

Of course, he refused.

We then managed to successfully sedate the pterodactyl, after a little excitement. I distracted it with chocolate I just happened to have with me while Harkness tried inject it, unfortunately for him the chocolate wasn't much of a distraction.

She started to fly away and Harkness grabbed her leg injecting her while they were in flight. He then lost his grip and luckily I was there to catch him. We both fell to the ground and were a

20. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Guess what? I started watching the show! ;)

I watched the pilot a few days ago and it's highly interesting. Ianto Jones even came up so I know who he is now. :p
    And I love Harkness. Even though he sort of looks like Tom Cruise. [face_laugh]

Great update.
    I especially liked the LJ update. *coughs* I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff. [face_whistling]

21. NyghtFyre

NyghtFyre Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2002
    Torchwood FTW! :)

I was actually shocked to see TW fic on here due to the nature of the show and some of it's content. Glad you took the risk though and plowed ahead. Lord knows I could never post any of mine here...well, maybe a couple of them. LOL.

*will read story on your LJ*

22. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    No mav, you were explaining it just fine. I just needed to get my head around it is all.

I told him I wasn't giving up, that I loved the coat. He rolled his eyes and walked away.

Love how he isn't giving up on her.

Good entry. :)

23. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Great retelling of the story! :D

I'm starting to wonder about his mental health.

[face_laugh] That made me laugh. :D

24. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Part one of the next entry tonight!

Ceillean: Guess what? I started watching the show!
    YAY!! [face_dancing] I hope you are enjoying it!! :D

I watched the pilot a few days ago and it's highly interesting. Ianto Jones even came up so I know who he is now.
    :D Ianto isn't a huge player in the beginning but there is a reason for that which you will find out pretty soon if you keep watching! :)

And I love Harkness. Even though he sort of looks like Tom Cruise.
    [face_laugh] He does look like Tom Cruise, but I love John Barrowman so much more!! I've been worried about how people who don't watch the show and are reading Jack's character. I love him (pretty much I love Jack and Ianto equally) but from Ianto's POV at this time he does kind of come across as the bad guy, which he's not. 8-}

Great update. I especially liked the LJ update. *coughs* I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff.
    :D Thanks! Then you'll definitely like TW (especially season two [face_batting][face_whistling] ) and you'll definitly want to read the LJ version which will be much more acruate to the show! I'm a sucker for it too!
    Thanks for reading! [:D]

NightFyre: Torchwood FTW!
    Woot! Absolutely! :D

I was actually shocked to see TW fic on here due to the nature of the show and some of it's content. Glad you took the risk though and plowed ahead. Lord knows I could never post any of mine here...well, maybe a couple of them. LOL.
    It is pretty hard to write for here sometimes, I'm especially worried about how I'm going to write the end of series one and pretty much all of two but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it! :p

*will read story on your LJ*
    Thanks! Yeah, that will be the better one for TW fans to read! :)

DaenaBenjen42: No mav, you were explaining it just fine. I just needed to get my head around it is all.
    I just don't want to confuse anyone! I know it's hard to read something that you don't really know and I'm really trying to explain some things without giving other things away! 8-}

Love how he isn't giving up on her.
    He really, really isn't! There will be a lot more on that!

Good entry.
    Thanks, Daena! Thanks for reading! [:D]

moosemousse: Great retelling of the story!
    Thanks! I'm really worried about rehashing too much from the episode and not being creative enough with his thoughts on it! 8-}

That made me laugh
    :D You gotta admit he would probably seem pretty crazy if you didn't know him!
    THanks for reading moose! [:D]

25. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    No episodes mentioned in this entry.

There will be a slightly different version posted at my LJ, but it will probably be a few days. If you want to read the other version and would like to find out how, just PM me! :)

[i]26 June 2006[/i]

I woke early this morning to get Lisa set up so I could be gone all day. I've managed to get a hold of more medical equipment so I can keep her pretty well medicated throughout the day. Luckily I had enough to last me the day, but not much more. I didn't expect to be there quite so long.

At One, everyone was pretty much on a schedule, you worked your assigned shift and that was it. I don't think it works that way here at Three. They seem to work much longer hours.

I arrived early hoping to beat the other team members there, which I learned later on wasn't very hard to accomplish. I walked into the tourist office they used as a cover, albeit not a very good one. The place was covered in dust and the tourist information was at [i]least[/i] two years old.

After I stood there for a few minutes looking for a way to enter when Harkness appeared to my right leaning against what had just a few minutes ago been a stone wall. He starred at me for a few minutes not saying a word when finally, he smiled an almost feral smile and turned to go back the way he came.

I followed him down to what I assumed was the main part of their base. It look to be an old abandoned underground station that had been added on to. Before I had the chance to even look around, he set me to work. "You should make some of the coffee you kept bringing me, if you can get the machine to work. We've been sending someone out for months now."

He showed me where to find the machine and then proceeded to watch as I tried to work it. It had more handles and buttons than I had ever seen on a complicated piece of alien equipment, much less a coffee machine.

Finally having managed to figure it out and we took our coffees to his office. I filled out some paper work, some that I had filled out at One, and some that was completely different; things that Harkness had made up, I figure.

I heard what I assumed to be the others file in one by one but Harkness made no move to introduce me and they did not approach his office, though I'm sure I could feel them starring at me.

After we had been up there for over an hour he asked me to go make more coffee and told me how everyone like theirs. He followed me down and stopped to talk to his people, who were all watching me as I walked to the kitchenette.

As I was walking back I heard the other man in the room voicing his concerns at me being here, he seemed to think Jack had hired me for a reason other than they needed another person. Perhapse he was right, but I don't really care why he hired me, just that he did.

I interrupted their conversation when I arrived in the main room and handed Harkness his coffee.

"Everyone, this is Ianto Jones. He's going to be general support," Harkness finally introduced me. "We need someone to clean up after you lot."

"I don't think they are the only ones, Sir," I said tilting my head toward his office. It was just as much of a mess as the rest of the place was.

The taller of the two girls laughed, "I like him already."

I handed the coffee to the man I assumed was Owen as he introduced the rest of his team. The other man was Owen Harper, the medic. The taller of the women who had laughed at my comment was Jack's second in command and a weapons specialist, Suzie Costello. The other woman in the room was Toshiko Sato and was, as Harkness put it "our beautiful computer genius."

Just as I was about to take the tray I had used to bring the coffees back to the kitchenette Owen said something that almost made me smile. "I don't know why you hired him, Jack, and I don't really care, but [i]damn[/i] this is good coffee. Welcome aboard Tea-boy!"

I rolled my eyes and continued on my way. I don't think they are very happy to see someone else added to their team, but if all goes according to plan they will hardly notice I'm here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.