main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Torment

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Shindo_Windu, May 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shindo_Windu

Shindo_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2004
    I just found out some rather devastating and disheartening news. And even though I'm not going to get into the whole thing, let's just say, that what Entropy said in the "Significant Other" thread came to pass. And I'm hurting pretty badly, I need support from the fellas. I just drank myself retarded, and I'm feeling pretty good right now, but tomorrow, I'm gonna give myself a good cry. I will never get the girl I wanted, for she is now taken, and she told me tonight. And the second blow to the groin was that she is moving to Wisconsin in the fall. But I think the best thing for us to do is to spend the time we have together as close friends, and swear to never lose touch. We both agreed that we should not take our time for granted. SO I ask my fellow fan mambers to lend me their ears and lend me their insight.

2. Shindo_Windu

Mar 21, 2004
    I got no sleep.

3. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Sorry to hear it, buddy. You can lean on us for support anytime you want.

4. Shindo_Windu

Mar 21, 2004
    Thanks, Riff. Now more than ever I need my buddies. I'm a grown man and can get through just about anything, but even one such as myself needs his friends in times of hardships.

5. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Sorry to hear it...

6. Shindo_Windu

Mar 21, 2004
    Yeah, it came as a double blow. But between now and when I leave, we both said we would make the best of our time, so I'm not totally bummed. I'll probably never see her again after the Fall, but as one of my own Characters from D&D says, "The future is ideal for new memories." I'm not feelin' so bummed, now.

7. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    WOMEN! /shaking head in frustration. Sorry to hear the bad news. A broken heart is always a tough thing. My only advice is to let it run its course and dont fight any emotions your feeling. If you wanna cry, cry. Just get it out so you can have a clear mind when you head off to basic. This Jedi's ear is always here to listen to a fellow Eastern Rimmer.

8. Shindo_Windu

Mar 21, 2004
    Thanks, Eddie. I know I gotta keep a clear head.

9. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Just think of it as your Jedi trial. You'll come out of it stronger, smarter and a better man.

10. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Very sage advice, Eddie-wan. ;)

11. Shindo_Windu

Mar 21, 2004
    And I guess if I see a girl I like in the Navy, I got nothing holding me back.

12. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
  13. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Correcto!! Its a HUGE world out there and your gonna see A LOT of it! There will be a tremendous amount of work involved, but once you get out of basic, try to enjoy the experience. You never know, you mind find yourself a sweet little thing overseas who will treat you like a king. You just NEVER know.

14. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Exactamundo :)

15. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Me know what such a situation is like (not going to say I know how you feel and/or what you're thinking, because I don't)...

Me just went a little crazy for a while and clung (is that a word?) to solitude. Maybe that was the wrong option, but all I had at the time, and what I thought I should do.

For therapy, I went out and made the UFO movie, and now I've written The Barrows Man and in the process of a tentatively titled "Little Miss Nobody" (tentatively, because that's been used a couple times before)...

16. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Joe, sounds like you did what most artistic people do during times of duress: you thought and created. Awesome! I have played the drums virtually my whole life, but I'm no songwriter. Artistic creativity is a gift I truly wish I had.

17. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    great art comes from suffering... or so they say... I guess my crap does too...

18. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Um....... 'kaaaay....

19. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    I agree with that statement Joe. Some of the greatest artistic minds belonged to some of the most tormented minds. I tend to think of music examples: The great composers, Cobain, Morrison, etc. And you dont give yourself enough credit, your writing isnt crap, my friend. :)

20. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    thanks, but I didn't want to call it dog sh@t... excuse me... canine sh@t.... har har...

21. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Well, I was gonna say more along the lines of poo-doo. :D

22. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    I borrowed that from the "Shriek! If You Know What I Did Last Friday the 13th" movie.... I loved that line and paraphrased it accordingly.

On a side note, for Buffy/Angel fans "Johnathan" (1/3 of the Nerd Trio - Danny Strong) and "Darla" (Julie Benz) are both in it.

23. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Hey, "Shriek 2" just came out last weekend, and did very well!

24. Shindo_Windu

Mar 21, 2004
    *Keeps positive by listening to his friends speak sillinese.*

25. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Thats the idea, my friend! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.