main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Torn- Obi's Sick &Dying, as usual,Obi torture/angst, Qui angst, H/C-PS 11/20

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by obi-wannabe_1138, Aug 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    OK, obi-wannabe, I think it's time for us to have a little chat...

You've had Obi-Wan survive up till now, through nightmares, agony unimaginable, and feelings of total worthlessness, thinking that no one cares about him, not even his own Master...

If you kill Obi-Wan now that Qui is so close to getting to him with the cure, well, let's just say, I can't be held responsible for my actions.... :mad:

Get it?

8-}

Just kidding, but seriously, don't kill off Obi, please? It would be much too sad...

:(

2. obi-wannabe_1138

obi-wannabe_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 31, 2002
    JK: You'll have to stick around and see. [face_devil] Right now we're at the Schrodinger's Padawan stage- Obi's both alive AND dead till I finish the fic. And thankies for the up.
    Arwen: Thanks. Been harboring that idea for the past three or so months so I'm glad it went over well.
    JS: See above, Scrhodinger's Padawan, no way to know till I finish this baby which'll be soon.
    female_obi-wan: (C'I just say Sarah?) Thanks! Enjoy what's left of your weekend. Here's a bit more for ya.
    Astro: Ditto marks to JS and JK. 8-}

Guys I wrote a lot but splat it up into two smaller parts b/c I have a math test Tuesday and won't have time to write a post, so I did it in advance and splat it. ;)

From the moment the Phoenix touched down on Verheer, Qui-Gon had a very bad feeling. It was all too familiar from his nightmares- the sting of the air, the background noise in the city of Fajyan. He couldn't shake the feeling of dread that the reality would turn out to be exactly the same as the dreams. He found himself checking on Obi-Wan through the training bond every second, it seemed. He had to do it. He had to reassure himself that his Padawan was alive.... for now.

Qui-Gon knew that he was probably pushing his companion too hard, but it was impossible for him to slow down. Not now. Not when he was this close, and so much hung in the balance. The one thing he had lived for this past month and a half was almost attainable. He could not let it slip from his grasp.

Nab Lamel was perfectly aware of what Qui-Gon was going through. He made no complaint. Since he had never seen this world, he let the other Jedi lead the way through Fajyan's bustling streets. He could sense when they were close just by Jinn's reaction and the soar in all his hope and fear. The two Jedi pushed on tirelessly.

Qui-Gon was silent the whole way. He was too fixated on his goal- the small healer's clinic located near the heart of the city, and painfully far from the docking bay where the Phoenix was docked. He would remember that place until his dying day. At last, after what felt like an eternity, he reached it, and burst in. The white-walled room was so familiar it struck him like a physical blow. His eyes took in Jehane's shocked face, and he anticipated her reply, the reply that would end his life as he knew it.

"Obi-Wan is...."

The woman stared for a minute, and tried to drag herself out of her shock at seeing the two Jedi.

"He's not doing well," she answered finally. "I don't know how much longer he has. You.... Did you find anything?"

Qui-Gon was nearly weak with relief. It's not too late. He pulled the antidote from his robe and once again watched disbelief play across Jehane's face.

"No time for questions now," he said breathlessly. "Can I see him?"

"Yes."

The next few moments were a blur of vision and reality. It was complete and utter deja vu. The Jedi Master walked through the same halls he had seen in his nightmares, half eager for and half dreading his first glimpse of his Padawan in close to two months.

Then the door opened. Obi-Wan lay curled up on his bed. His eyes were closed with the lashes curling down over his cheeks. His face was white and bore a haunted expression. He looked so fragile, as if the slightest movement could destroy him in an instant. But he was alive. He was breathing, quietly, but he was breathing. Qui-Gon could see the soft, rythmic rise and fall of the youth's chest. Gingerly, he sat down beside the boy, and placed his hand over Obi-Wan's. The Padawan's small, cold fingers curled around his Master's. For a moment the Jedi was just stunned at how much love and trust a tiny, unconcious gesture such as this could contain.

In that instant he felt the sudden sense of wrongness in the Force. Obi-Wan's spirit started to dissipate.

[face_devil] Been planning and plotting this cliffie for three months. Excellent. Bwa ha ha!

3. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    FOR THE LOVE OF G-D POST AGAIN! That is evil beyond belief! Is he gonna die?!

4. militarygrl

militarygrl Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2002
    :eek: That is one heck of a cliffe. Hope you post a recovery soon, or we all might start to die of anticipation. :_|

5. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    *falls off the cliff, stops self with the Force and hangs on again*

WHAT KINDA UNHOLY CLIFFIE WAS THAT!!!!!

More!! Before we all die!!

6. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I FINALLY catch up with this story and you leave us THERE??????? How cruel. Must post moreeeeeeeeeeeee!

Obi

7. astroanna

Jul 8, 2002
    OK, obi-wannabe, a few things....

1) You are evil

2) You are evil

3) Oh, and did I mention...

YOU ARE EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How could you leave us hanging like that!?

*sigh*

I don't want Obi to die....

8. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    *points to astro's post*

What she said.

How could you?! I need more! You can't just let him die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*pokes o-w*

You're sadistically evil. Evil!

9. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    Grr, I'm waiting for a post! You left an evil cliffie and I'm not budging until I have the next part of the post, o-w.

*points at o-w*

Evil!!!!!!

10. obi-wannabe_1138

Jul 31, 2002
    Sorry, guys, [face_devil] evil math test tomorrow, and then a HUGE French project due Friday, and then a zillion tests next week and then exams starting pretty soon............. I don't think I'll be able to update for a long, long time, after Christmas at the earliest.

[face_devil] Ha! Psyche! Got ya, got ya! 8-}

JK: Scrhodinger's Obi- how many times need I explain? He's both alive and dead till I finish the fic. ;)
    Militrygirl: (Sorry I think I spelled that wrong) I'm posting, although I can't say if it's a recovery or not.
    Arwen: OK, OK. No dying allowed on my threads btw- unless it's Obi of course. [face_devil]
    OTK: Man... I sympathize. More coming right up!
    Astro: [face_devil] Thank you. (rubs hands together) Excellent.
    JS: OW! Stop poking me! That hurts! And I don't update when people poke me! :D

In that instant he felt the sudden sense of wrongness in the Force. Obi-Wan's spirit started to dissipate.

Panic began to overtake Qui-Gon. He reached out with his mind, trying to share his own energy with his Apprentice and anchor him to life. Simultaneously, he picked Obi-Wan up in his arms, as if by physically holding him, he could keep his Padawan from dying. The boy's body was chilled, and barely even breathing.

No, Qui-Gon thought. Don't die on me, Obi-Wan. Please. You can't leave me now.

"Jehane," he begged, "hurry."

The seconds stretched into centuries before the slender healer came in, a syringe in her hand. She did not need any explanation of what was going on, and quietly approached.

"Master Jinn, you'll have to let go of him long enough for me to give him the antidote."

If I let go of him, he'll die. He moved his arm somewhat, just enough so that the healer could roll up Obi-Wan's sleeve and administer the medication.

"How long until he'll be all right?" Qui-Gon asked. Jehane looked at him sorrowfully.

"I don't know if he will be all right. Even now. I discussed it with the Jedi healer. If he won't regain consciousness within the next few hours, it's doubtful he'll pull through at all. I'm sorry. It may still be too late."

Too late. But he refused to believe it. It could not be too late. Come on, Obi-Wan, you have to pull through. He seemed to freeze, and became oblivious to everything but the minute movement of his Padawan's chest. I can't lose him. He is more than my student. He's my son. I cannot lose him.

He spoke aloud, even though he knew Obi-Wan would not hear him.

"Padawan, please. Please don't die. Come back to me."

Struggling to fend off the impending despair, Qui-Gon tried to settle down and wait and hope.

11. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    That is still evil! Evil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

*keeps poking o-w*

I'll keep calling you evil until you make Obi live. The poking shall continue as well, until the above condition is met. :D

12. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    Finish the story! Finish the story! Scrhodinger's cat, how did I know that theory would come back to haunt me....

13. astroanna

Jul 8, 2002
    *Joins J-S in poking o-w*

Evil!! Evil!!!

I almost had a heart attack with that whole "no posts till Christmas" thing.....

That was a low blow, o-w.....

:mad:

8-}

Seriously, though, post soon!!

14. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    No Obi cannot die! YOu listen to Qui and get back to the land of the living!!

15. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    *Faints* I just catch up with this, and you leave it like that?! I thought I was evil!!! Poor Obi and Qui!!

You had better post soon.

KenobisGirl :p

16. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    AIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

*starts waving hand frantically*

"you will post soon,"
    "you will post soon,"

:D

17. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    Just when we think everything's coming to a happy end you make a new round of anticipation and worry :D

Nice posts and I want more ;)

18. obi-wannabe_1138

Jul 31, 2002
    JS: OW! Well then I'll just write the story the way I want and put up with your poking!I don't care! You don't scare me! 8-}
    JK: Hee! Don't worry, I'll be done soon.... For good or ill. [face_devil]
    Astro: Sorry, it's just that tormenting my readers is nearly as much fun as tormenting Obi and Qui themselves. The readers, however, do not approve nearly as much. [face_devil]
    Arwen: We'll see. ;)
    Kenboisgrl: Don't worry, I always post soon. I may have evil cliffies but I don't make you wait long.
    Ktala: Sigh. Mind tricks don't work on me! Only feedback! :D
    Nifet: Thanks. [;) That's my job as an evil writer. [face_devil]

Are you ready, little one?

The golden tendrils of the Force seemed to ask Obi-Wan in his mind. He opened his eyes, and weakly tried to move out of his curled up position. But the grassy earth felt so good, so warm to his shivering body. And there was actually sunlight- bright, yet soft, upon his face. He lay back down, desiring nothing but the peace he felt here.

Paradise, he thought. This place that he had somehow reached was paradise. He wanted to stay here forever. He breathed deeply, contentedly, and tested his mind to realize with a shock that he could feel the Force again.

The youth sat bolt upright, before remembering. Of course. It wasn't at all surprising that he could sense the Force again, filling him and giving him strength. He was on the verge of becoming a part of it. For the first time in he knew not how long he smiled.

Are you ready?

Yes, he thought in answer. I am. Yet even amidst the peace and the bliss, he could not shake the feeling that he had forgotten something, had left behind some unfinished buisness. Well, it was true that he hadn't had a proper chance to say goodbye to Qui-Gon. He regretted it very much. His Master had been the closest he'd ever come to a father, or so Obi-Wan had thought. The memory of his abandonment still stung his heart. He knew it was his own fault. It had to be. Qui-Gon would not abandon him unless he had done something really wrong, something truly horrible enough to sever the bond and love between them.

Obi-Wan blinked away tears. I'm so sorry, Master. He desperately wished he'd had the chance to talk to Qui-Gon. But his Master clearly was not coming back. The teenager fingered his braid absently and took a deep breath. Fresh, honey sweet air filled his lungs like a the warmth of a pleasant dream. I just want to stay here, he thought drowsily. Paradise. True paradise. I could stay here for all time.

Suddenly Qui-Gon appeared from out of the mist, and reached for his Padawan's hand. The boy gazed up at him in shock. Too stunned to speak, he slowly wrapped his finger around the older man's in a gesture of pure love and trust.

"Master?"

He found his voice just as Qui-Gon bent down and enfolded him in an embrace. Hesitantly, he returned the hug. He didn't know what had happened, or if he were only dreaming, but the warnth and concern he sensed felt real.

"Padawan, please. Come back to me."

The words injected a jolt of hope into Obi-Wan's being. If his Master wanted him back.... If he could be a Padawan again, his Padawan......

"Master, do you really want me back?"

"I can't lose you now, Obi-Wan. What would I do without you?"

The choice lay before him now: behind him, the shining, golden bliss of death and becoming one with the Force, or going home with Qui-Gon. He glanced back over his shoulder. He was afraid of what would happen should he choose to go on, afraid of being unwanted, or hurt again. And this utopian world was so tempting. The honey landscape shimmered once as he gazed at it, called to him.... And dimmed. Already the Force was leaving him, allowing him to separate his soul from it and reclaim his consciousness. His Master's love had in an instant restored the strength he had gradually lost. He knew he could go on, and was now certa

19. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    *stops poking long enough to -----> :_| :_| :_| *

Oh, that's so sad! Come on, Obi, you're so close! Get back to Qui!!!! :_|

*begins to poke again, a little more gently*

I still need more!

20. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    :_| COme on Obi you can do it!! Just follow Qui and all will be well

I hope...the bad feeling is still kicking in

21. astroanna

Jul 8, 2002
    Oh!! :(

Such mixed emotions.....

:) at the thought of Obi living!!

:( at the possibility he might still die....

But you wouldn't do that to us, would you, obi-wannabe?

You wouldn't, would you?

22. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    Oh my g-d, you actually made me cry with that one. That hasn't happened since I read JA:Rising Force for the first time!

As for whether Obi-Wan lives or dies...

*unclips her lightsaber, igniting it's emerald blade, and gives it a slight twirl before pointing it at o-w*

You were saying good or...what?

23. obi-wannabe_1138

Jul 31, 2002
    JS: Well thank the Force I got a few poke free seconds! :mad:
    Arwen: I won't say anything just yet. You'll see soon. ;)
    Astro: Well you never know, I am [face_devil] evil.... We'll have to see. :D
    JK: Wow?! I made you cry? Wow! best praise you could give me lol!

Qui-Gon had lost all track of time during his long vigil by his Padawan's side. The universe closed down, and now contained only the tw of them. The waiting was the bleakest, worst part of the whole process. Now that his mission was complete, he had nothing left to go on and could only sit and hope. He did not know if Obi-Wan would live or not, and there was nothing left that could be done, if this didn't work. It was one of the most painful things he had ever gone through.

Days passed, but everything seemed the same, like a state of suspended animation. Restlessness burned in him, making it a grating chore to keep still, but he could not move. Obi-Wan seemed so frail, as if the slightest jostling could sever his link to the world of the living.

By the second day, Jehane and Nab Lamel had nearly given up hope. They did not say anything aloud. But Qui-Gon knew. Still he refused to give up. He did not even consider leaving his Padawan's side. Sometimes he spoke to the boy softly, pleading with him not to leave. At others he just sat there silently, holding Obi-Wan's unconscious body tightly, protectively. Finally, after hours of agonized waiting, the youth's breathing quickened. He thrashed slightly.

The hope that swelled in Qui-Gon was almost blinding. Come on, my Padawan. Come on. But Obi-Wan showed no further signs of waking up just then. That time was the hardest of all. Why did it have to be this way, the elder Jedi wondered? So near, and yet he still had such a long way to go.....At least his Apprentice had begun to seem slightly stronger. His breathing was louder, less faint. The Jedi Master could not tell, but he thought that his Padawan's pale face had gained the tiniest bit of color.

After several more lifetimes, Obi-Wan's eyes flickered open uncertainly.

"M-Master?"

Qui-Gon leaned forward, trembling with joy and relief.

"It's all right now, Obi-Wan. You're safe. You're going to be all right."

"Master, what happened?" His voice, weak still, sounded dazed. The teenager struggled to move.

"Lie still, Padawan. You've been very sick. But it's all right now. You'll heal."

Obi-Wan looked around. Qui-Gon let go of him reluctantly and the boy rested his weary head upon the pillow, striving to take everything in.

"Don't you remember?" the Master inquired gently.

"No. Nothing. I just remember that I had the worst dreams." Even now a shadow of fear crossed Obi-Wan's face.

"You can tell me, if you want."

"They felt so real, Master. The worst one, the one that came most frequently, was that you abandoned me. The images just seemed so much like it was really happening. I remember watching you turn your back on me and walk away."

The sorrowful line in Qui-Gon's face deepened as his guilt increased.

"Padawan, I have to tell you something which you don't really remember. The truth is that I did leave you while you were sick. I left, but only because I had to get back to Leeb-Arroe to find a way to save you. I'm sorry I wasn't here to support you through this, but I had to get the antidote."

The cobwebs in Obi-Wan's mind cleared a bit. He sat up all in a rush and hugged his Master.

"Thank you. You saved my life. It's impossible for you to know what I went through, but I.... Thank you."

"You don't have to thank me, Padawan. You know that."

"Master? What happened to you while you were gone?"

A sad smile crossed the Jedi's face. He stroked Obi-Wan's hair as if it were something absolutely precious. He'd been so afraid that never would he have the chance to do this anymore.

"It's a long story. I promise to tell you at some later time. Right now just get some rest."

"Master, you need sleep too."

Qui-Gon

24. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    Waaaa! That was so sweet! Obi's back with Qui!!! :_|

*stops poking*

I'll stop, since Obi's alive, unless you do a total turnaround and make him sick again. You'd better not. :mad:

25. astroanna

Jul 8, 2002
    YAY!! :)

Obi's alive!!

*does a happy dance*

But you'd better listen to J-S about doing a turnaround....

That move could be quite hazardous to your health, o-w!! :mad:

8-}

Just kidding! Great post!

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.