main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Tornado All-Clear Roll Call - Please Check In Here

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TNPredsFan, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    With the tornados that have swept through the Memphis area this afternoon, I'm asking everyone to check in this thread so that we know you are ok. Significant damage is already being reported in Southaven and the Hickory Hill section of Memphis.

The threat of severe weather is going to be with us most of tonight. Stay safe.

- Nicki

2. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I'm at work and Tim & the girls are okay at home. *keeps fingers crossed*

Has anyone heard from Tim Dunlap? He lives in Southaven.

3. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    The girls are in bed and I'm glued to the news watching this next wave come in. This is freaking insane.

I talked to Kevin about an hour ago, and he's fine. And I talked to Roo a couple of hours ago after the brunt of the tornado damage passed.

You know what I can't believe? I can't get over the fact that folks are calling Fox 13 and whining because they're not showing "American Idol" right now. What a bunch of complete buttheads. No, let's not worry about anyone or anything beyond that stupid TV show.

I'm wondering about my office right now. We're not too far from Southaven and the airport. I'm wondering if we're going to have power tomorrow, or if we have any damage.

4. TNPredsFan

Nov 10, 2004
    I'm watching Channel 5 now, waiting for the next line of storms to come through.

I missed the tornado in Southaven by about 5 minutes. I could see it as I hauled butt down I-55.

Folks never cease to amaze me. Saving lives > television show.

5. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    I'm in Bartlett. Got a scary picture on my Cellphone, but I'm ok. I'm just buckling down for the next wave.

6. StarBlazerM31

StarBlazerM31 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2005
    I'm alive. Got to see the funnel cloud in Bartlett yesterday, because I just HAPPENED to be at the Walmart at Dexter and Germantown Rd. [face_laugh]

I was really worried because I have a friend who attends Union University in Jackson. Turns out he was alright, thankfully.

-Darth Grace [face_skull]

7. TheDarknessX

TheDarknessX Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2002
    That damn storm messed up my hair. Bastard!
    :mad:

8. TNPredsFan

Nov 10, 2004
    I didn't think it was possible to mess up your hair. :eek:

9. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Good to hear that all you guys are OK.

We're all ok here too...

And Holy Frak!!!! It messed up your hair...The nerve of some tornado producing storm cells....

That was some freaky weather.

My grandmother still doesn't have power (and her power was out last week during that freakish wind storm we had) but, we've moved her over to
    her brother's house.

"We're all fine here now...How are you?"

10. kellrob

kellrob Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2004
    Robert and I are fine. We had no trouble in Oakland. I cannot say the same for where I work. We were without power Wed, Thur, and 1/2 Fri. Came back today and no phones or internet. Got the internet back mid morning, but still no phones. Glad everyone faired well.

11. Aravis_Antilles

Aravis_Antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2003
    Just FYI, the tornado did not disturb my pretty rock I live under over here. We're ok.

*Waves from under rock and returns*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.