main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OKC, OK Tornado News

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Silent_Jedi, May 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silent_Jedi

Silent_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2001
    I think we should postpone the meeting tonite--x, can you concur? No one south of OKC can get out or in for that matter.

I did manage to get a hold of Rick (DarthWalls) and they are fine, tornado missed them by a mile or so. Good news.

If anyone has news about Rick and Austin in Midwest City and any other members in that area, please let us know if everyone is okay.

Thanks.

2. Starfig873

Starfig873 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2002
    I was able to talk to Austin yesterday on AIM, he said they were okay.

3. xwing25

xwing25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 1999
    we did have a meeting last night as allot of people where on the way already when this happened i talked to everyone i could and all but darthwalls could make it

4. dtsman

dtsman Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2003
    I hope everyone is OK after Thursday and Friday night. Was anyone in Edmond Friday night? I was at my job Friday night and they made us take cover because it was suppose to be real close to us. It was kind of stressful especialy since my house was destroyed in the May 3rd tornado in 99. We are fine this time no damage. I hope everyone else is ok.

5. forcewhispers

forcewhispers Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2002
    We're okay, the one on Friday passed just about a block away from us though.

6. dtsman

dtsman Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2003
    It was a few miles from me I live off 173rd and Penn. I am glad everyone is fine. I had a friend that said he was at the Blockbuster on 2nd street in Edmond when it hit. They went back in a little storage room untill it had passed over.

7. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    Redneck, Mrs. and Baby Jedi are all just fine, as well as Casa Jedi! We are a mile west of the Moore tornado drop, so the only problem we had was traffic and no electricity until about 9:30 p.m. None of the Jedi family were home when it struck, so we were all physically safe.

Sorry I missed the meeting for the above reasons, but I hope everyone is fairing well in the standard Oklahoma weather!

8. darthwalls

darthwalls Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2002
    We are fine. I dodged 2 bullets in 2 days! First on thursday, the tornado was about a mile and a half north of my house but a funnel came down even closer. Then on friday, the tornado was less than a mile from my store in Yukon and it also spun a second funnel with it. So I guess I dodged 4 bullets in 2 days. I wished I had my camera. Glad to see everyone else is okay too!

9. padawanskywalker

padawanskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    Good to know everyone is alright.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.