main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ottawa Toronro Trek 20 July 7 - 9 2006

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Minder, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minder

Minder Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    Toronto Trek 20 Home Page

Im thinking seriously about going to this one, but I would to have some friends with me.

Does anyone els want to go ??

2. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Rob,

I'd love to go as well!! We could go as the Sith Brothers, Maul and Vader! Just kidding.

If you could find a really, I mean REALLY good price on a room, I would deffinatly be interested! Maybe Jay, Luc, Eric and John would like to go too. I can ask them and see what they say.

By the way, have you hear back yet from the 501st about your application?

Elijah

3. Minder

May 28, 2002
    Vader we can talk about sharing a room, and the cost. It kinda hinges on if our wives want to come. But im serious here, I want to go.

I got a comment by the Garrison commander "Thats the Best Maul I have ever seen"
    and the Membership coordinator "Now thats how to do a Maul"

But nothing saying im accepted yet, and its been 2 weeks now.

4. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Ah, yes, the wives ;) I here ya bud!

I would hope so! After 4 hours getting it on, it better be the best Maul he has seen!!

5. Minder

May 28, 2002
    Not to split hairs, but it was 5 1/2 hours start to finish, and trust me in the last hour and 1/2 I was CRANKY!!!

6. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Rob, I asked Luc if he would be able to go, and he said that he would more than likely be able to go!! I think it would be cool if all of us in Ottawa could go and join the 501sters in TO!!

7. Minder

May 28, 2002
    Im likein that idea man !!!

8. DarExc

DarExc Jedi Master star 1

Jan 27, 2002
    Hard to dedicate so far away but I've always been interested in going to this one, I'd be going as a Star Trek fan first though :)

9. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    I hope you guys can come visit us in TO. :)

10. Minder

May 28, 2002
    OK we have a couple of choices here.

1) we can go, and take our wives/Husbands, get our own rooms and have some partys. (Most expensive)

2) we can go, and share a room or rooms (With or without our Wives/Husbands) and have some partys, and a LOT less sleep. (Less expensive)

3) we can get a bunch of people together for a day trip, leave here at 6AM, and drive back that night when we are done. (Least expensive)

What do you guys think??? The date is fast aproaching!!

11. DarExc

DarExc Jedi Master star 1

Jan 27, 2002
    2 or 3, I would prefer 3.

Jer

12. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Don't take this the "wrong" way but you guys must be con-virgins... as in you've only been to one con before... and not with experience con-goers ^-^

So let me give you some insights

1) Definitelly the BEST idea. Sharing a room is a very good thing on budget, in a room for 4 people you can fit up to 8 person. now without pushing anyone's button I'd recommend 6 at the most that way you can move during the night without stepping on anyone.

1a- When making the reservation, you do not mention the full number of people you will have into the room. just ask for a quad if you think that's what you will need.

1b- Party, This is something I do not recommend doing on your first attendance. first time going, just enjoy the BUNCH of party that will be happening at T-trek (including the Bawls-a-licious party hosted by yours truly and some very good friends)
    From there on then, you can see to organize one for the following year.

I'm saying this especially if you guys plan on trooping all day, you will need a shower and you will be exhausted at the end of the day. (No matter how much adrenaline your system can produce, you won't be able to stay up all night no matter how much bawls I let you guys take down ^-^)

-----------------------------------

option number 2 seems to be the one option that best describe going to T-Trek, really half the convention is happening after hours, but as I said earlier, I don't recommend you organize a party on your first attendance.
    here are some other good reasons:
    1- some of you may realize they want to go to bed earlier
    2- With all your buckets and tupperwares, there isn't much space left for a party.
    3- With all the buckets and tupperwares, you could loose some bits, pieces and parts and that's definitelly something you don't want happening in a room full of people.

------------------------------------

Option number 3 isn't even an option (sorry) because you actually miss out on all of the fun of meeting with your friends and having fun with them.

------------------------------------

With T-Trek there are two ways of seeing the convention:
    1- you're going for the convention, the guests and nothing else.
    2- you're going to the con for the guests, to host some panels (cause you're crazy like me), meet your friends that you only see about once a year and then go have fun with them for the course of a week-end.

Now when I first heard about t-trek, I wasn't all too sure about it. but on my first year I figured I'd go the extra mile (I was still the canadian RSA at the time) and I hosted a very nice party that went really well... but that still haunts me trough some pictures ^-^ darn that maul was long to blow... and I never regretted one second of it.

It cost me a lot because it was my first t-trek and I wasn't ready for the hotel and the friends and the dealers room and all that jazz, but the next year I came prepared and I really enjoyed myself.

Now of course I had develloped some friendships and I kicked in some extra time for the con and I've been doing it since.

ain't nothin in the world (not even a job) that will keep me from going to Toronto Trek years after years now. (Now please kids don't take me as an example of life, I am a very disturbed individual and Fandom pretty much is my life. plus I'm ressourceful, single and I'm lucky to be paying a very low rent)

Anyhow, T-trek is definitelly a con to go to, but a con to go to to meet and greet and then have tons of funs with the TO fanforce for instance (and the 501st). Day trips always end in the

13. Higbi_Makim

Higbi_Makim Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2006
    I have my train ticket. Just look for the Jedi in the green wheelchair. I'm from Kingston.

<Force Persuade on>

We will go for a drink.....

<Force Persuade off>

[face_hypnotized]

14. TR1320

TR1320 Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2006
    I might skip this one, in order to concentrate on SFX.

15. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Me too. Hey Rob, we still haven't heard if you want to go to Fan Expo yet or not. Let us know!

VFF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.