main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Toronto Comic/Sci-Fi Expo (August 22-24)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Bail-AnBillies, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bail-AnBillies

Bail-AnBillies Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2002
    Hi,

Is anyone going to the T.O. Comic/Sci-Fi Expo at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre (Aug 22-24)? I'm not going this year, but the Twins from the Matrix are going to be there and as you can see in my bio they are my newest cruches So if any of you meet them please do tell them that some crazy girl you know from a msg baord named "Bail" (ok, so that isn't my real name) would like to tell them that she likes them VERRRRY much and hopes that they are back in Revolutions. :p

So, how many of you are going? Have you guys ever gone before?

(If there is already a thread about this or if I am supposed to take it elsewhere, please lock ;) )

2. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Yeah, you'll find a variety of the people on this board will be going. Heck, those 501 Star wars costume people are gonna be there again! heh heh.

That alone is worth the price of admission!

The real question - is anyone gonna bother with Toronto Trek ;)

3. Bail-AnBillies

Bail-AnBillies Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2002
    I went to the Toronto Trek once and it was the worst Con experience ever. They have the suckiest guests and the suckiest set-up...

:mad:

Last time I went to the T.O. sci-fi con was when I met Mick Foley... that was 2 yrs ago, I think.

4. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I'm going to T-Trek this year because I am a panelist, as for SFX, well, I am kind of getting sick of paying $50 to walk into what is essentially a huge dealer's room so I probbably wont go this year unless I get a free table pass or a media pass. The fact that I am saving up mucho bucks for Worldcon and that LOTR convention thats due in November also means the con fund is a bit strained right now. All the same, if there is a Spagetti social this year after SFX, I will be there for THAT with bells on :)

Sabrina

5. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Currently me and my best friend are planning on attending this little comicon regardless of what is going on. Hopefully Our plan can be set in stone but my plans always seem to be written in Mud! :p

HERE'S MUD IN YOUR EYE!!! :eek:

6. Aina

Aina Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2003
    i was thinking about going (my mom was the one who saw it in the paper and told me about it) but i didnt have anyone to go with so i decided not to...besides i also owe a friend of mine some money for my Warped Tour ticket [face_love] ;)

7. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    well if i dont have to go to work i might
    but then again, i work across the street so i may show up to push you all out of the park anyways i may go, may not we will see

8. Darth_Shaun

Darth_Shaun Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2002
    Depending on whats going on this year, I believe I will be attending. There are some interesting comic guys there that I want to grab some autographs from so we shall see.

I will definately hook up with anybody interested in hangin with one rad dude.

9. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Hey Shaun wanna join two fellow whitby-ites...Me and Pepper will likely be attending, if all goes well. Lol maybe we can finally discuss the plans for Durham. ;)

10. Dain_Bramage

Dain_Bramage Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    I was there last year with Duker and Psiberian (Shawn). We saw Elewyn and my Mayor there (Kat) on the Saturday.

Overall it was ok...bought a couple of things. I'm gunna be there again this year only for the Saturday with a couple of friends.

Duker and Sis, holler if you guys are going and we'll hook up with you guys there.

11. Anakin_Padme4ever

Anakin_Padme4ever Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 29, 2002
    Well, it seems interesting, I haven't gone to one of those before. Maybe I'll try to go to this one. :)

Does anyone know how much the tickets are? ?[face_plain]

12. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    Mainly the gang meets in simcoe park across the street. Thats where i work. so even if im working that night i might come down early to say hi and all

13. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Sorry I don't really know TO that well...where is Simcoe park?? still trying to learn where everything is...

14. Kenobi2

Nov 30, 2000
    Simcoe park is directly across the street from the north entrance of the convention centre.

Like the sig! Mine! Mine!

15. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

I might try and make it... if I can end up saving the money :p

16. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    SFX is my reason for living...(apart from LOTR...and SW...and candy...) so of course I'll be there! With bells on if need be!

Kat.

Okay...maybe no bells...

17. Kenobi2

Nov 30, 2000
    WE WANT BELLS! WE WANT BELLS!!!

(and my lilo and stitch dvd back ;) )

18. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    :eek:@the lack of Stitch

I feel for you man... :_|

19. Darth_Shaun

May 24, 2002
    I am up for meeting with anybody who is going. I will be there on the Saturday for sure.

Jymm let me know what your plan is, maybe we can meet up and head down at the same time.

20. Darth_Shaun

May 24, 2002
    I am up for meeting with anybody who is going. I will be there on the Saturday for sure.

Jymm let me know what your plan is, maybe we can meet up and head down at the same time.

21. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

See there's SFX that weekend, and the Rensance Fair. One Day I'll be going to SFX and the other the Renisence fair.

22. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    We will, as we do every year, be meeting in Simcoe park during the afternoon on Saturday, and then going on our usual 'Spaghetti Social' -- (big dinner at The Spaghetti Factory), after the con ends for the day.

As for the con, I doubt I'll go. It just isn't worth it for me. And I can't afford the ridiculous amounts of money to actually see the bigger name guests.

Toronto Trek on the other hand... I've been there every year, for the last 9, and will again be there this year. There's always something going on you can do, and in the end it's great value for my dollar.

Oh, and Tessa, doesn't the RenFair run every weekend pretty much all summer?

23. Anakin_Padme4ever

Anakin_Padme4ever Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 29, 2002
    I think if I were to go to the con, it would be to meet you guys, so I guess, if you're all going to meet where Poobah mentioned, I'll just come for that then.

That, and I'm gonna need to start saving for the CIII. :p

24. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    I think C3 is too much for me but a comicon would be a great way to introduce myself to more of the Toronto group beings as only three or four have met me lol.

25. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

SFX is defently worth the money for me... it's a giant trader's room. I defenitly will need both my hands, a backpack, and someone to carry my stuff with all the stuff I get there.

The RenFair... when Sabrina and I were talking during the pannelist meeting she said it was the same weekend... remmember?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.