main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Toronto Comic/Sci-Fi Expo (August 22-24)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Bail-AnBillies, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconInToronto

FalconInToronto Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2003
    Thanks Crazy Mike!

Are you guys do anything before or after the sci-fi expo? Where do u guys live? What are you guys looking forward to the most at the expo? This is probably a long shot but will Lucasarts or Hasbro have a presence there?

2. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    As far as I know neither of them will be there FIT. I live in Burlington if you ever feel like coming for a visit...

3. FalconInToronto

Jul 23, 2003
    Thanks for the invite...

If you come down to the expo maybe we can all go hit a patio for a drink afterwards. By the way, I emailed Lucasarts and Hasbro to see if they were gonna be at the sci-fi expo. If they send me back anything I will post it on this thread ;)

BTW Mike, I was just looking at your collection pics and WOW. Anything you don't have that you wish you did?

4. Anakin_Padme4ever

Anakin_Padme4ever Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 29, 2002
    I think I noticed somewhere in this thread that people were going to come on the Saturday. I still need to get my tickets, so I was just wondering. Because I still don't know if I should get it for all three days or just one.

Welcome FalconinToronto! :)

5. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I need to update those pictures FIT. Yes there are a few things that I am looking for :)

6. FalconInToronto

Jul 23, 2003
    Thanks Anakin_Padme4ever!

I noticed the same thing so I'll be going on saturday too :) Anything in particular you're gonna be lookin for? What about everyone else, what's on your wish list?

I'm hoping to get the Luke Skywalker Theatre Edition and silver Boba Fett figures.

7. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    I will be going on Sunday since I can't on the saturday...Anyone else going to go sunday??

8. Anakin_Padme4ever

Anakin_Padme4ever Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 29, 2002
    Honestly, I think I can go anytime on that weekend. Is there a day where most of you are going to go?

9. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    Agh, when is this thing again? Weekend of the 17th?? I don't think that's a weekend, so I'm proubly wrong :p

Edit:

Bangs head on desk. It says it in the SUBJECT! Sorry.. Blonde momment.

10. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    PMSL that was too good Tessa. Hey were you in whitby this weekend. i could have sworn I saw you but didn't feel like yelling "Tessa!!" Especially since you don't know me lol.

As for your question yes it is the 22-24. FYI I am working on my birthday so I can meet you guys :p Some of you had BETTER be there!!!!

EDIT: I am not saying when it is either...no fuss is to be made. And only Lelila knows when it is and she should know not to say anything...HINT HINT!! ;)

11. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

When's you're birthday sock?!?!? Come on! You have got to tell us!

And no... I wasn't in Whitby this weekend. My good twin may have been there... I'm the evil one .... [face_devil]

12. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Sorry...can't have had too many crappy birthdays and I am not going to have another...the day does not exist as far as I am concerned...

And no...I mean NO fuss will be made.

13. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    FIT I am looking for those 2 items as well as a 12" Luke & speederbike...

14. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

They're selling luke on his speeder 12' at SilverSnail at the momment Dad....

Sock, Fuss WILL be made! Praytell.. when is it?!

15. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Sorry Tessa but I think you are missing the absolute hatred i have for that day...i wish not to be reminded of it at all...

16. FalconInToronto

Jul 23, 2003
    Ok,

It sounds like we need to take JR out for AT LEAST a couple of drinks. We'll get him nice and sloshed that way he won't remember his bday the next day ;) Anyone else in?

The 12" Luke & Speederbike is nice. I wanna get the electronic Millenium Falcon (although I honstly don't think there will be one there). Hmmmm...I wonder if Code 3 Collectibles will be there? Gonna email them and see.

BTW, no response yet from Lucasarts or Hasbro :(

17. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Sorry to be rude but not a good suggestion...my family has a history of alcoholism so I am now almost seven months sober.

18. FalconInToronto

Jul 23, 2003
    No worries...it was a thought :)

Ok seriously, when is everyone going to the expo?

19. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    If people want to meet for none-birthday celebrations then I am more then willing to. I work downtown and would gladly meet you guys...but nothing birthday related or I walk...

i am very serious about this...I wish I had not mentioned it at all...

20. FalconInToronto

Jul 23, 2003
    We could all go for somethin to eat after the expo. I'm sure we'll all be hungry after all the walkin around and we can show off what we got at the expo ;) If you guys are up for it I'm in.

21. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Well traditionally we've met at the Old Spaghetti Factory Saturday evening.

There has also been a tradition that the Star Wars guests joined us.

Is that going to happen again? There are a few of us from Niagara who hope to attend the dinner.

David? Ken?? Anyone???

22. FalconInToronto

Jul 23, 2003

Ok this might sound naive but who are the Star Wars guests?

23. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I'm wondering if the spaghetti social is going on too. As far as I know the spaghetti social is still on. For those who are new we meet at the park on front street across from the main doors of the con right after the con finishes Saturday evening. We do a head count then we go off three blocks to the Old Spagetti House.

GrandePoohbah your the city Rep, want to post a new thread to let people know if it's still happening? Even if it's just a yeah or nay.

24. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Grrr...could the socialbe moved to sunday possibly lol. I will be at a wedding on Staurday, and I have to go because I am the videographer...

25. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    I was also going to ask the same thing regarding dinner.

I'm not going to go into SFX, but I'm all for spending an evening with friends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.