main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Toronto Comic/Sci-Fi Expo (August 22-24)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Bail-AnBillies, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Pssst...Sunday is a better day!! ;)

2. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Sorry Jymm, but Saturday is the better day. The Spagetti Social will indeed be going on again this year, after the con on Saturday evening.

Give me a few hours to collect my thoughts and gather some information and I'll post the beginings of The Plan(tm).

3. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
  4. FalconInToronto

FalconInToronto Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2003
    I'm going saturday. I figure the expo will be open later and there will be more things to choose from :) What time r u guys going around?

5. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    TheGrandePoobah - "Give me a few hours to collect my thoughts and gather some information and I'll post the beginings of The Plan(tm)."

I think he is working on the time. He will post soon.

;) :p

6. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    Never enough hours in the day...

I can't speak for those who will be attending the expo, but some of them will probably be there all day. I'll try to make it to Simcoe Park (across the street) by early afternoon (though my plans may change).

After the con events are over on Saturday (6pm according to their website -- though I expect it may be somewhat later) we'll gather en masse in Simcoe Park and then head to The Spaghetti Factory together, for hours of waiting, fun, food, and merriment.

More details to follow, hopefully after my return from Ottawa (about to leave for a couple days, moving some stuff into my apartment there so it's not cluttering up the house here.)

7. Anakin_Padme4ever

Anakin_Padme4ever Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 29, 2002
    Oh, sounds good to me. I will definitely be there. I even told my parents to not plan anything(or atleast exclude me if they do) on that weekend. So, I will definitely be there. For the SFX and the dinner at The Spaghetti Factory. I can't wait to see you guys finally!

8. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    :( Now there is no way I can meet all you guys...

Ah well looks like me an Pepper will schmooze by ourselves...

9. FalconInToronto

Jul 23, 2003
    I hope I get to meet as many of you as possible :D

10. Tarkheki

Tarkheki Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 15, 2003
    Hello peoples!
    I'm not new to the boards, but new to the thread... i'm gonna be goin' to the sci-fi expo with my twin sis... i'll probably attend all 3 days... ray park is going to be there, how can i NOT go? ;)

11. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Just a heads-up...

I believe the Buffalo chapter will be going to SFX also with a large group in costume.

Inviting them to join us for dinner would be great too. (I know it's open to anyone, but a formal invite to BobaChris (Christian) may be a nice gesture.)

David - Am I correct in remembering that we CAN'T make reservations? I think we tried last year and they said no.

I think we should get a "ball park" head count. Then I (or someone) can go to the restaurant a few hours before and "get us in line".

12. FalconInToronto

Jul 23, 2003
    This is just a suggestion but theres also Marche on Yonge St which is nice and the prices are about the same as Spaghetti Factory but the food is WAY better. In case u guys wanted to try somethin different...but I don't wanna stop on anyones toes :D

They have the BEST crepes!! OMG I could go on about their crepes. Absolutely amazing! Bananas, ice cream, chocolate syrop, strawberries and whipped cream...and thats just one of them! Seriously...they're WOW.

13. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    le Marche. Mmm... They are quite nice. One of my favorite resturnants.

It may be a bit to ritzy? Or mabye I just havn't been there for awhile.

I always get someone else to pay for my bill when I go there, so I have to clue what the prices are like.

14. FalconInToronto

Jul 23, 2003
    Nah it's not ritzy and for the same price the food is much bettah! Like I said its just a suggestion :D

And!!!!! I'm pretty sure we can reserve a section in Marche ;)

15. Anakin_Padme4ever

Jan 29, 2002
    Hmm, the name sounds familiar...I haven't been there in a loooong time. They are quite nice though, I agree. :)

16. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Good food. Havn't been there in ages!

17. Anakin_Padme4ever

Jan 29, 2002
    Yeah, I know, same here. :)

18. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    Chris, thanks for the info on Buffalo, I'll extend the invite as soon as I've got the time.

That's right, they don't take reservations on Saturday, or at least didn't last year, I'll call again to check that this is still the policy.

Yes, I expect we'll do the ball park headcount thing... will get that rolling soon as well.

- David, back from Ottawa, but remaining quite busy for a day or two.

19. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Well, I'll likely be there. There's always the off chance I'll be abducted by aliens, thrown into shark infested water, or eat a 1000lbs chocolate cake causing me to gain 1300lbs leading to my inevitable explosion. If those do not occur, I should be there. I won't be going to the con, so I may hang out in the park or just show up for dinner.

20. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

It seems like the idea about le Marche is thrown away like Celine Dion's Greatest Hits... :(

21. FalconInToronto

Jul 23, 2003
  22. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I tried to look up Le Marche Movenpick on the net but they do not have a website. As far as I know they do not take reservations either.

However, I do believe they may take reservations if it's a "party." Does anyone live nearby that could get more information? If it's a party their pricing (and menu) may change.

23. FalconInToronto

Jul 23, 2003
    I'll go there today after work. I'll post info around 7:30 pm :) How many people roughly. Any idea?

24. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Based on past attendace? Circa 30 is a good ballpark, more if we can convince Ray Park and/or Dave Prowse to join us.

Is anyone able to follow up on that part?

25. FalconInToronto

Jul 23, 2003
    If either one of them joins us I will be absolutely astonished. That would be insane.

I just thought of something. Do I need to be part of a club or anything to join you guys? Should I be getting permission from someone first? I don't wanna step on anyones toes and I don't know how these things work. I just wanna hang with some fellow fans, thats all. I'm gonna need a hug real soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.