main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Toronto Comic/Sci-Fi Expo (August 22-24)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Bail-AnBillies, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin_Padme4ever

Anakin_Padme4ever Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 29, 2002
    Hey FIT, I'm basically new to the TLL too. And when I asked, all that was said is to just come and introduce yourself to the group. :)

Oh, and I should be ther for the dinner too. :)

2. FalconInToronto

FalconInToronto Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2003
  3. Anakin_Padme4ever

Jan 29, 2002
    So you won't be the only one. ;)

Actually, I guess I'll be surprised if I talk...I'm kinda the shy-type person... [face_blush] My friend and I even talked about how it would be, I mean, the first time meeting the fanforce, she said she'd probably go with me and do most of the talking, then if everyone talked to her as if she was the SW fan wanting to be part of group, she just pointed in my direction... :p But yeah... :p

I guess I won't have a problem tho, because from talking to some on the boards, they're all really nice. ;)

4. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    we are a good group on the whole. nice friendly, we just try to get along and treat people like we want to be treated.

5. FalconInToronto

Jul 23, 2003
    Ok this is what I was able to find out...

I spoke to the manager of the Marche at Yonge & Front Sts and he tells me while they don't normally do reservations on fridays and saturdays (because of the high volume), he could do something but no later than 5 pm. I'm going on the assumption that this is too early so I left it alone. He also mentioned that if we came in after that, they would do their best to sit us all together (as expected) but it would take anywhere from 20-30 minutes. Lotta drama I know but it sounds pretty much the same at Spaghetti Factory. Anyways it's up to you guys. Whatever you decide I'm there. I hope this was of some help. Have a great weekend folks if I don't talk to ya ;)

6. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

I've been in this little fan group for about seven months. Sad that I hadn't joined earlier, I try and go to any and all TLL meetings I can.

The folks here are great. I've recived no ill wishes, and been accepted hartly.

Three new members to join the group for SFX would be wonderful. So far I've felt like the only newbie :p

PM me for my cell #.. if TLL isn't technicaly meeting up anywhere.. Yet I havn't read the posts behind, so there may have.

7. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Hi all,
    I can probably make the dinner, I think I'll just be able to make 1 day of the con at the most anyway.

8. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    Lelila, i still got to get you that halifax patch before i move there, lol

9. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Someone really has got to pump some life into these boards...

10. Pissenlit

Pissenlit Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2001
    Can't afford dinner, can't afford the con...I might drop by Simcoe Park to say hi and to hang out for a bit though:)

11. FalconInToronto

Jul 23, 2003
    I was just wondering...

Will anyone be wearing a costume? If so, what will it be? I was thinking of dressing up as Chewie, without all the hair :p Oh wait! That means I would be naked [face_plain] Ok, no costume for me ;)

12. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Ok...surprise, surprise...but it seems fate hates me again.

Now not only can I not meet you guys at all but I can't go to SFX AT ALL!!! :mad:

I hate fate.

EDIT: Well I thought about it and though my best friend will be out of town sunday I still have Sunday free. So I will try and go alone... [face_plain]

Is anyone...ANYONE going on sunday??

13. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    Figures sock would no show again, well if i go i may go in my doctor evil costume. thats always good for a laugh. but i probably only go to the first day -D

14. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Sorry but I work Friday and Saturday I have a wedding that I am video taping. I can't get out of it. I will go by myself on Sunday but no one else cares to go that day, so unless you can come up with a suggestion I am SOL.

15. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Dr. Evil? Really? .... now I'm tempted to Dress as Felicity Shagwell! :p

Sock... I may be able to make it out for sunday aswell. I could see about going both days. I have friends outside the long line that'll be going to the comic and anime portion of the con, so they may drag me either way.

16. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Well that is my fortay. I am intrigued by the SFX section but no one there really interests me. And the comicon has my fave writer, Brian Michael Bendis. Besides I am hoping that the company 88mph who is doing the new Ghostbusters comic will be there.

So sunday look for a drew carey look alike wandering by himself. :(

17. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    :eek: dude...don't say that about our little Tessa.

[face_olderbrothermode]

And to do the heart face type : and then x (small x).

: x= [face_love]

18. FalconInToronto

Jul 23, 2003
    Oh man...

I just realised how old your "little tessa" is. My depest apologies. Anyway I was just flirting ;) That is allowed I assume???? :D I'll flirt with you if ya want JR :p Ok can we get back in the topic in hand please!

19. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
  20. Bail-AnBillies

Bail-AnBillies Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2002
    WOW... this thread is still going?! :eek:

So, are msot of you going then? :D My friend was going to volunteer, but they said they have too many volunteers already. Dang, I shoulda thought of that so I could meet the twins :p

21. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    What are Mary Kate and Ashley doing there?? ?[face_plain]

22. Bail-AnBillies

Bail-AnBillies Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2002
    *rolling my eyes at Jymm_Roquand*

I think my cousin actually met those twins.

I meant the twins from the Matrix :p

23. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    I missed an olsen twins cameo in the Matrix??

24. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003
    *hides behind Sock* I'm frightened.. :p

Better make sure Duck doesn't come on these fourms.. he might hurt you :p

25. Anakin_Padme4ever

Jan 29, 2002
    Hey Bail, I'll be sure to tell the twins about ya! ;)

I really can't wait to go! Not only for SFX, but for FINALLY meeting you all! :D

Oh and one thing, for everyone who's gonna go on Saturday, where will you be meeting up? Are you going to meet inside or outside and then go in together?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.