main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto **Toronto Event! Dawn of Dead with Dinner. March 19th/04**

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by sw-starwarsfreakness, Feb 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    One and all! Toronto is hosting a Zombie filled night event!

On March 19th/04 we'll first be meeting around the Chum City building for dinner. I have yet to check what resturant, yet I know of some great Japanesse resturants around the area (that is if no one minds that. If not, please comment. I'll look for something else). Then it's off to the MAIN event. Damn of the Dead at the Paramount. We plan to see a 9ish movie.

So... to recap!

Dinner - Meet up at 6:30pm-7pm (searching for resturant)
    Movie - Dawn of the Dead 8:30-9pm.

So.. who's coming?

Coming:

Tessa
    Jedi-1
    Alex
    Steff
    Mitch
    Sabrina (Movie Maybe)
    Gauri
    Arsinoe (for the Dinner)
    Tragic
    Mike (TopGunMike)
    BoyliciousDarian and Friend (TTMB)
    Cooler King (TTMB)
    T.J. (TTMB)
    Randalt (TTMB)
    Kenobi2

Maybe:

Elewyn
    grey_star
    Krustull
    Graeme
    Darvin11
    Master_Sifo-Dyas
    Michael (TTMB)
    Katherine E (TTMB)
    StarBug (TTMB)
    MALCOLM XERXES (TTMB)
    Keda
    Duker
    Twinkler

Hope to see you all there!

2. Jedi-1

Jedi-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2004
    I'm up for whatever. It'll be cool to meet everyone.

3. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Know of any Lazer Tag places?

Even Better... a Lazer Tag place with a Japanesse resturant close by! ^^

4. Jedi-1

Feb 21, 2004
    I live near a Laserquest on Warden and Eglinton

5. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    I fall into the lazy catagorie... and would rather something like glow in the dark minigolf...

March b-r-e-a-k? what is this "b-r-e-a-k"? I can't even remember having one of those fabled h-o-l-i-d-a-y-s... work work work...

6. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Don't worry Grey_Starr, I can't remeber the last "March Break" I had either.

As for what to do, March is still a little to cold sometimes for an outdoor event, so I'm honestly not sure what to suggest.

Steff .^_^.

7. OddlingChild

OddlingChild Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2003
    weeeee Austria!!

-.-

8. Krustull

Krustull Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2004
    LOL last time I played Laser tag was at wonderland and I had a few beers just before. Not a good idea LOL.

9. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Laser tag sounds good. Sounds a lot cheaper than Austria. So what are you trying to say Vent :eek:

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

10. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

She's in Austria During the time of a possible event.

We could always rent a place called RINX Yet that would end up having to be a major event, about the size of grape and wine.

I'm willing to work on plans to host it in the future, yet I need confermation that many people will end up showing up. That would have to include other Fan Force Chapters aswell.

Anyone find that to be a good idea?

11. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    How about something in conjunction with Toronto Trek? Maybe on the Thursday before the start of TT?

Since people will be coming in from out of town any ways we could combine events.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

12. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    I am the proud owner of the schedule from hades. You'll have to give me a date before I can say if I can attend any kind of event.

That said...lazertag isn't my thing, but I'd be willing to meet up with people afterwards.

13. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    My schedule is equally not good. I *might* have the first friday of March Break (I think its the 12, but correct me if I am wrong) off. Other than that though, I'm working at both my jobs, but with advace notice I could be free for an evening or a day on the weekend to do something.

Summer can't get here soon enough for me. (Still planning a SDCC trip!)

Sabrina

14. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Well... I'll just organize a quick event then for either the 12th of March or the the 19th. Both are Friday's.

How about a movie and dinner type event? Sound good?

For major events, I'm going to see what I CAN do about this RINX event. Yet... now I gotta jet.

Need to go eat lunch ^^

15. Jedi-1

Feb 21, 2004
    The 19th is good for me as I'll be out of the city the weeknd of the 12th

16. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

the 19th is much better for me as well as while i'll be in town i'll not be avaliable to do anything on the weekend of the 12th....

laser quest is fun but it can get pretty expensive....i'd be up for the food stuff though :) jedi-1 mentioned warden and eglinton area, right around there theres a glow in the dark bowling alley which could be fun.... the problem with scarborough locations though is that if you don't drive its next to impossible to get to :(

17. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

The bowling ally we went to for the last event does the same thing.

Well, how about this, we'll settle for a movie night on March 19th, 2004. I'm just searching to see what movies we could go see.

I've got it! Dawn Of the Dead comes out ON March the 19th. How's that everyone? A good Zombie flick and dinner for the next event?

Now... as for theatres. Which ones are good for you? I'm not sure if the Grande (Sheppard and Younge) will be playing the film. I'll go ask today at around 4ish after my Dance Rehursal. Yet we also have The Paramount down by the Chum City Building, and we also have Eglinton Center.

My Vote is for the Paramount. ;)

18. Jedi-1

Feb 21, 2004
    Paramount is good as it's right by my work

19. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    Sounds good.
    I am open to whichever theatre.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

20. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Braaaaaiinnnnnnsssss....

oh I am so wanting to participate. I love the zombie films. Time to start making calls to see if I can line up a sitter for the tyke that night.

What time were you thinking of gathering, as it's a bit of a jaunt from work to downtown.

21. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Ewwww

Count me out for the movie. . . I might come down for the dinner, but Not the movie [face_barf]

Steff .^_^.

22. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Alright. So it'll be at the paramount then! ^^

Dinner will be first, so no one will loose their appatites earlier. Would everyon be alright with a Japanesse resturant (not just Sushi).

Let's try to get a 7ish movie. Thus we should meet for dinner at 5ish.

By the end of the week I'll check out the area for resturants, and find out if they have movie times for it yet. ^^

23. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Not certain at the moment. I am waiting to hear about this job. If I get it then I will be working weekends. Otherwise I need to find another source of cash.

24. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    I was kind'a hoping for a D&D night... Then I could probably get the wife in... oops... unless it was 3Ewww... it'd have to be 2E to get her in...

I'll try and make a showing... but I can not yet make it a sure thing... Wives are unpredictable!!!

25. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Well, I'll see what I can do about organizing a D&D game in the future. I know that there's a large amount of people that would like to start up a game. I just have to act creative and see if I can come up with a game plan :p

Well, if all of you could post if you're coming or not that'd be great. If it's a maybe please say so aswell. I'll make a list (And I'll check it twice HAHAHA... *sighs*) of who's coming, and who might come. Please don't make your post to confussing. Just say yes/no or maybe SOMEWHERE in the post. My Blonde Brain can't handle to much info ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.