main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ON Toronto Fanforce Gathering - May 5th

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, May 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Just thought I'd extend the official, engraved invite to everyone outside of Toronto. May 5th is our anniversary gathering, celebrating the beginning of our long line to see Phantom Menace. Details may be found in the Toronto folder http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=2519699 and the nitty gritty is all over at our Delphi forum http://www.delphi.com/torontoline/messages?msg=455.1

All of you are more than welcome to join us as we wax nostalgic about the past and plan away for future events - namely the lineup for episode ii.

Getting to our gathering is fairly easy. We're just a couple blocks east of Yonge on Eglinton at the York theatre. The theatre is easily distinguished by the large mural advertising vodka painted on it's side.

Taking transit is the fastest, easiest way to us (those using the GO, just hop on the Yonge subway line and travel to Eglinton station). Those coming by car, there is ample parking with a lot adjacent to the theatre.

We will be there from 3pm until the wee hours of the night. Drop by for a quick hello or stay for the whole spiel. We'd love to have you.

2. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Sorry I cant, but thanks for the invite!!

3. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Another fellow Toronto Long Liner, extending the invite.

Throughout the Line Up, quite a few people came from outside of the GTA. One guy, Brad from Oakville came by just to drop off some Tim Bits and ended up staying for most of the remaining week or so.

It would be great to meet more of you!

Hope you can make it,

Adam

4. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Just wanted to add that even if you can't make the 5th -- c'mon, you know you want to join us tomorrow, it'll be fun -- your engraved in stone invites remain valid for any other shindig, hootnanny or gathering we pull together.

If you have any questions on how to get to the York Cinemas, you can email or private message me. I'm pretty well online all the time.

5. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Well, Brad was actually going to be joining the line starting on Monday, and was coming by to say hi and give us some Timbits on the Saturday. He ended up staying for hours, left to run an errand in the city, came back, and then stayed until past the last GO train and so all that night. And was with us for much of the rest of the line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.