main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Toronto in Cinema

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Spiderfan, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    So our fair city has been for the last decade at least a great place to shoot movies for American film companies. So needless to say there is a constant string of movies being shot here. Many of them feature quite prominently the landmarks and recognizable locations of the city. Resident Evil 2 comes to mind.

Released just a few weeks ago the Incredible Hulk trailer features a very recognizable portion of Yonge Street: Check it out.

Ok so the movie looks mediocre at best but its still cool to see a superhero brawl in Toronto.

Also don't forget to check out Mike Myer's The Love Guru Trailer: See it here.

Another Austin Powers in disguise it seems, but the heavy prominence of the Toronto Maple Leafs. :p

So I guess this thread is to share any clips or news about films shot in or based in Toronto. Enjoy. [face_peace]

2. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Well two weeks ago I had a walk on tour of a scene being shot for the Max Payne movie off of bay street.

3. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    Wiki has everything!... including hte "List of films shot in Toronto"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_filmed_in_Toronto

would have to watch them to see the scenes... lol

4. AKalel

AKalel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2005
    The funny thing about the new Hulk film is we are subbing for New York and I can imagine New York comic geeks when they saw the teaser went hunting for the Zansabar (sp). Also the movie Driven filmed here as both part of the film was set here and in Chicago besides other locales but some of the Chicago stuff was filmed here even though they filmed here. Finally I know this is a Star Wars site but the neatest thing was when Toronto's City Hall was used in a ST - TNG episode.

5. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    the only reason why toronto is the highlight of being shot here is that you can find alot of things here.

6. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Mean Girls is always the first movie that pops into my head because the exterior parts of the school were shot at my high school (Etobicoke Collegiate). :cool:

I remember leaving school on a Friday (they shot over the weekend) and noticing how the football field was a lot greener than usual. :p

7. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    What the hell are you doing over on this side of things? :p I wasn't aware you travelled beyond the JC.

8. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I have this on my favourite boards and I meant to click on The Arena but I accidentally ended up here. SO THERE! :p

But I do lurk every now and then. [face_whistling]

9. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    then there are those of us that do not even know what the JC is... I checked... and I still don't know... lol

10. Anakin_Padme4ever

Anakin_Padme4ever Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 29, 2002
    And then you get the people who lurk both for the most part... :p *points to self*

11. Sirene

Sirene Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Would you believe that wiki page didn't include the filming of Due South the tv series? I know it was filmed in Toronto because I accidentally walked 'on set' once.

Wasn't Relic Hunter also shot here?

12. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    The JC are the boards beyond anything directly relating to Fan Force. Its just general discussion boards.

And yeah Relic Hunter was shot in Toronto because there is an amusing story I heard about Tia Carrera(sp?) bumping into Mike Myers and being totally shocked that she would see him in Toronto of all places.

Tia: OMG! What are you doing here?
    Mike: I live here, what are you doing here?

13. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    a lot of Relic Hunter was filmed in Milton and Burlington... Milton for the pretty cliffs and hills, and Burlington for the Docks...

14. Sirene

Sirene Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 2005
    I just remember driving by Sunnyside pool and noticing a film crew, then a while later recognizing the Sunnyside pavilion in an episode of Relic Hunter.

15. AKalel

Aug 22, 2005
    The thing about Wiki and IMDB is anyone can submit and edit info thus things go unchecked. I have had friends who had acting gigs (and I am not talking extra work) that were not listed on IMDB and remember seeing/finding mistakes on Wiki. So word of advice while alot of the info is useful on both sites do not accept them as 100% accurate and factual.

16. Spiderfan

Mar 9, 2004
    No one did but thank you for reminding us to use common sense.

IMDB can't post every credit for every project out there nor every credit for every person. It has a set of guidelines that determines what is acceptable what isn't. Not to mention its user edited so tell your friend to feel free to register and create a credit for himself...all they can do is delete his entry.

17. AKalel

Aug 22, 2005
    My friend has done that and somehow even after they did that they were changed back like they weer before there personal edit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.