main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ON Toronto Spaghetti Social -- Aug 25th

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Aug 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I just wanted to extend an invite to any of you who are coming into Toronto for SFX on Saturday, Aug 25th to join up with the Toronto Line for dinner over at the Old Spaghetti Factory.

All of the details are posted over in the Toronto forum. Hope to see you there!

[image=http://www3.sympatico.ca/tragiclad/images/aug25ico.jpg]

2. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    I will bring it to everyone?s attention at our Y.J.N. meeting August 12th.

I know that I will be in attendance for the dinner festivities.

3. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    wow, that sounds cool. I hope I can make it!

4. Han_YoungJediNiagara

Han_YoungJediNiagara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2001
    Costumes or no costumes?

I hope to be there!

5. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    As far as the spaghetti social is concerned, costumes are completely up to the individual. If you feel comfortable walking about the city in costume, no problem.

If you've got a costume you've poured sweat, blood and tears into, and you really don't want to risk splooshing tomatoe sauce on it, you may want to have a change of clothes handy. There are lockers at Union Station (smack dab in-between the convention center and the Spaghetti factory) where you can safely store stuff. We will happily wait if anyone needs to do the quick change act.

6. td741

td741 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2000
    Quick change act? Hmm... If the troopers are showing up, it'll be kind of a slow change act... ;)

7. BobaFett_YJN

May 27, 2001
    I dunno, I can't risk anyone taking my jetpack. I think I'd prefer to wear my armour. You shoulda seen me at the Fairview Mall, I ate my pizza and drank my pop under my mask, I wonder if it's any more difficult with spaghetti.

8. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    If we have to, we can put our costumes back in our cars. I don't think it's wise to eat a meal in a resturant, in full gear. Bring something to change into.

9. Han_YoungJediNiagara

Han_YoungJediNiagara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2001
    Do we HAVE to change? I personally don't see any reason to get out of my Solo costume :)

10. BobaFett_YJN

May 27, 2001
    oh ok, if I have to.....

Just to let everyone know, I practically tore my beautiful Boba Fett costume apart, now I am working on a new version, this time with metal armour. Now I just have to do the helmet *shudder* oh how will I pull this off before Saturday???

11. BobaFett_YJN

May 27, 2001
    Well, maybe I'll just put my jetpack under the table...well I'll just have to see. I don't have any problem with walking around Toronto in my costume, people do like it when you stop for a photo, like in '99 when I wore my Darth Maul costume. As for the restaurant, I'll just take off my jetpack, and maybe my mask :)

12. BobaFett_YJN

May 27, 2001
    Boy it's getting late, I better get to bed so I can wake up bright and early for you to pick me up, Chris. 8:30, right? Argh! Thats almost 3 hours before I usually wake up!

BTW Chris, I got film for my camera, 22 exposures (2 went off by accident) and my video camera. I also got a Biggs and Greedo figure, and I am yet to find a Motti and Chewie. I suppose I'll be able to pick something up at the expo, I have $60 after all! I hated last year, only having $20 :p Hey Chris, the guy who owns Len's Odds & Ends says he'll be at the expo tomorrow. Boy when I'm tired I tend to ramble....hey guess what else, I finished my Boba Fett costume!.....did I tell you that already? Oh well, goodnight!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.