main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Toronto Star Wars Fan Film

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Wraith_Thirteen, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wraith_Thirteen

Wraith_Thirteen Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2007
    Hey guys and girls, just moved to Toronto last August and I'm trying to cast some people in the roles of my new star wars fan film. I will need to get the cast into a sound booth for the final voices. This will be all CG, even character animation.

http://boards.theforce.net/fan_films/b10015/26929196/p1/?0

here's the link for voice casting, the characters will be based on the Wraith Squadron books and the film should go for about 30min. Storyboards are almost complete and preproduction has begun on some of the models.

If you know anyone or you yourself want to try out, just let me know on my facebook account

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2352793114&ref=mf

I'll hopefully see some of you guys at the convention this year SFX in August is it? And next year will try and get a booth, hopefully with a lot of the work done and also with a trailer.

2. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Hey this does cound neat. Not sure if I have the voice to do a fanfilm but you never know.

There is a covention in a couple of weeks that a few of us are at
    http://www.tcon.ca/polaris/modules/tconguests/

Drop on by. You can not miss us at the Star Wars display

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

3. Wraith_Thirteen

Jun 11, 2007
    hopefuly will have the storyboards finished by then and part of the animatic. I am so there.. Hope to meet some of you guys then.

4. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    I am not much of a voice actor, but I am a film geek and editing student if you need help with anything.

5. Wraith_Thirteen

Jun 11, 2007
    sweet, I will need some critiques once the animatic is finished in terms of pace, composition and shots

btw, the facebook group for this is

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2352793114&ref=mf

where I will be posting all details and updates of film and any test renders/ animations

it's only just starting out but I update it about once a week if I can

6. Wraith_Thirteen

Jun 11, 2007
    still looking for some voices, i need some female voices to temp out the animatic for the moment. Plus a few other male voices, If you have a liverpool british accent (needed for one in particular) please let me know.

7. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    I'd be interested... as I am sure my wife will be...

sorry... no good at the Brit... my best accent is a Scott...

8. Wraith_Thirteen

Jun 11, 2007
    scots accent could work , hmm, send me some sound bytes from you two and ill see how it works with the characters

9. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    I can send some probably tonight... anything in particular you'd like... perhaps pass on some lines to be read... grey_starr@yahoo.com

10. Wraith_Thirteen

Jun 11, 2007
    the links at the top of the page should take you to the lines i need or just read your favourite lines from the novels :)

at this stage it's only temp voice work, but I need to get it done to put in the animatic, trying to contact a voice acting school as well, maybe use them later after the animatic is done.

11. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    hey hey... haven't forgotten... just haven't yet had time...

12. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Hey are you still looking for voice work for your Fan Film?

13. Wraith_Thirteen

Jun 11, 2007
    yeah, im booking people these next two weekends to do some voices, send me a clip of your voice, wanna see if it can fit one of the characters, the link to the character lines is above.

I've pretty much got most of the male voices accounted for, but i still need Tyria, Dia and the female villain. Although I'm trying to record voices here in Toronto so that I can help direct the person who is doing the character.

14. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    hey if you're needing a voice actor I can do some when I move up to toronto in a few months. If you send me your email address or if you have hotmail let me know and I'll talk to you then.

15. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    well... seems I can't depend on my brain to remind me to do this!... sorry... I honestly do want to be involved... hopefully doing this makes me remember to get you those sound bites!!!

16. Wraith_Thirteen

Jun 11, 2007
    yes make sure you send them in, I have a few voices now, just playing them off of a few others to see who fits best with which character.

17. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    so can i get your email or can you send me a line so that i can forward the voice clips for the parts I've done?

18. Wraith_Thirteen

Jun 11, 2007
    ninjabearstudios@gmail.com

19. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    PM sent with a link to my recordings... and I must say... I hate listening to my own voice like that...

20. Wraith_Thirteen

Jun 11, 2007
    went over all the voices for the temp track, I've used some people for it, and have been recording them for the last few weeks. At the moment, I have all the voices I need. I want to thank everyone who took the time to audition and I had a great time listening to them sorting out who I needed. But alas, these are temporary and I'm going to be on the lookout for professional voice actors after XMas.

Im about halfway through creating the Animatic, and it's starting to come together. Also have been recruiting people for Modelling and Texturing to get some assets knocked out ready for animation.

So, if you have any Blender experience modelling and texturing expertise, send me your reel and I will see about getting you on board. I'm thinking of getting some models off of Sci Fi 3D for the ships, they seem fairly detailed and ready to go. Just have to track down who made them and get them in the credits.

oh, and i wont be able to attend the convention this weekend and meet most of you as im heading camping for a weekend before i leave for portugal for a 2 week sabbatical and return. Definitely have to get together for a meet sometime in the future.

21. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Okay wait...let me get this straight? You want the voices of fans from the JC to stand in until you find "professional" voices?

You can count me out, dude, good luck getting James Earl Jones for your fan project. :rolleyes:

22. Wraith_Thirteen

Jun 11, 2007
    professional meaning people who have trained at a voice acting school and want to work on the project, not James Earl Jones. Im not that ambitious

23. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Why then did you ask Fan Force members to go through the trouble of auditioning for your project, if you didn't even want them involved? It's insulting.

24. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    yeah i'm feeling insulted after the work i spent into finding my microphone and working on voices for the characters

25. Wraith_Thirteen

Jun 11, 2007
    some of the voices are being used, and will be all the way to the end, most inlcuding myself will be used temporarily to time out the track. I'm sorry if I offended anyone trying out for the film and really did appreciate the effort that everyone put in. My intention was not to upset anyone and I feel bad that anyone has been.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.