main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Toronto Symphony Orchestra - Star Wars Concert - June 28th-29th

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I just read about this...
    It's too bad it's smack dab in the middle of the week...

~Doc_Bev

Star Wars Concert
    (World Premiere)

Tuesday June 28th, 2005 @ 8pm
    Wednesday June 29th, 2005 @ 8pm

Erich Kunzel, Conductor
    Anthony Daniels (C3PO), Narrator
    Members of the Toronto Symphony Orchestra

Tickets will go on sale Wednesday, June 1st, 2005 @ 12:00pm.

Ticket prices: $25, $30, $40, $60, $80, $90.

Tickets will be available:
    Online at www.tso.ca
    By calling 416-593-4828 (Roy Thomson Hall ticket line)
    In person at the Roy Thomson Hall box office (60 Simcoe St.)
    In person at the Toronto Symphony Orchestra office. (212 King St. W., 5th Floor.)
    By calling 416-598-3375 (TSO Customer Service)

2. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Too cool... with AD to boot :) The ferry might even be running by then.

Think they might be interested in 501st/Rebels for the whole atmosphere thing? I suppose the garrison and legion for Toronto would coordinate that though.

M

3. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Argh! Yeah, why did it have to be in the middle of the week? :(

4. DECAY922

DECAY922 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    Wow! That is cool. I would love to see and hear that, but I am trying make it our to San Diego for the Comic Con again this year. Not quite sure that is gonna happen though.

5. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I popped over to the Toronto and Niagara FF forums and it does look like they're trying to get a group together to go in on a group discount for tickets, but I haven't gotten the impression any costuming will be going on. But I don't have access to 501st Canada boards, so who knows maybe something's being planned there.

Ah, yes San Diego Comic-Con. I've been wanting to get out there for that con someday too. I just wish they would announce sooner the big media stars. It always seems that I find out people like Hugh Jackman are there after the con is already over. I think this year CIII, CNSFX and maybe Dragon*Con are going to be my only mega cons.

~Doc_Bev

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    According to a post in the thread on the Toronto FF boards:

I've been speaking to John, and 501st and Rebel Legion are going to be involved in costume. He's not sure what exactly that would entail at this point, but if it doesn't hinder us from seeing the show, is anyone on this list up for that? It would be both nights. He'll post here as more info comes up.

So it does look like there is some costuming going on for this. Nothing is posted in the Rebel Legion boards for the Canadian Base though.

Unfortunately we missed the deadline for the discounted group rate. I haven't looked into ticket prices at all yet actually...

~Doc_Bev

7. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    This is good news... I am very interested as I haven't seen the TSO, haven't been to Toronto in a while, and it may be a chnace for a fast ferry ride :).

I would like to see the concert but really only need to see it one night or the other so if they want costumers to do other stuff I'm game to do one in at the show and one in costume doing whatever...

8. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    From what I understand they are trying to work it out so that the costumers are able to enjoy the concert as well, but I'm not positive on all the details yet.

For KS and I - I think we'd only be able to swing one trip up there, but I'm not sure which night to pick.

~Doc_Bev

9. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Sorry I didn't contact you earlier about the group rate. Things came together very quickly with the deadline today. (Monday)

Woofer will keep us informed about the costume situation. I do plan to have R2 out on both days.

A bunch of us are going to the concert on the 29th.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

10. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    In fact can every Rebel Legion member in the area please contact me?

Thanks.

Katie, now you know what I need to talk to you about!

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Just to clarify, only costumers who are members of Rebel Legion or 501st are requested at this event. But, there is still plenty of time to submit a photo of yourself in costume and get approved before the concert.

So, besides TX4277 and myself was there anyone else interested in this? Tickets went on sale today. It looks like most are leaning towards the Wednesday night concert if they can only do one.

~Doc_Bev

12. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Well it is just a week after my Birthday so maybe I can rationalize it that way. Interested here just don't know if we can swing it.

13. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    Doc_Bev, I arranged for the time off of work to make it easy. Do you have any details on what we need to do to get on the list and get tix or is it just a order and show kind of thing?

Mike

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    No, I don't have any details about things from the 501st/RL side of the house yet. As far as tickets, Toronto FF already placed their group order on Monday (which was the deadline). So from this point on everyone is on their own for tickets. I'm still not clear when the costumers will be utilized to know if we'll actually get to sit in the seats we purchase our tickets for or if we'll be in costume for the whole concert...

KnightShade and I are still trying to figure out how to swing time off and babysitter in the middle of the week...

~Doc_Bev

15. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    I'll hold until you guys nail things down a bit tighter in your arena (family can be tricky to plan around)...

The ferry may be up and running by then so there may be ways to economize.

I also did some hotel searches and there are several within a a mile or two of the Roy Thomson Hall that aren't too terribly expensive and several within a decent distance that are much more reasonable.

The ferry terminal is a short trip from the place too (about 2.2km).

16. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Did a little looking into ferry pricing this morning...
    The ferry is supposed to start up June 17th according to the website. It's $64 a person round trip for walk on/walk off. Or $262 round trip for a vehicle with a max of 6 passengers. I'm not sure if those figures include port taxes or not. The only departures from Rochester are 8am and 3:30pm and then we'd need to use the following morning's 11:30am departure from Toronto to get back home cinching the need for a hotel room.

So, I think for KnightShade and I that's too much expense and time off work. I think the only way we'd be able to swing it is if we drove up and drove back right after the concert. I think it only costs us about $40 in gas and tolls to make it there and back in our car (and we can fit 4 people plus costumes).

Still need to work on babysitter...

~Doc_Bev

17. Modernism

Modernism Jedi Master star 1

Feb 19, 2003
    this sounds like it's going to be cool. I am thinking about going, not sure how, etc.

18. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Hmmm Ferry's been bumped back atleast untill June 30th

19. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    Given the ferry situation then a drive it sounds would be best.

20. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    Are you suggesting that your not up for the swim?

21. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Dont forget your swimmies and biological hazard suits....

22. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    I think if i were planning the swim I would have to be working on a marine trooper to brave the depths :)

23. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    If you could build an actual working Naval Trooper suit...we could alert the Science Media.

I'm still wondering if those Jedi Breathing Tubes will ever be possible lol

24. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    I'm still wondering if those Jedi Breathing Tubes will ever be possible lol

Never say Never Scott!

25. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    The breathers are more plausible than lightsabers are.

Run some (high voltage) electricity through water - and you break it down into Oxygen and Hydrogen. Most of us find that to be quite a breathable atmosphere :)

Now - making that compact enough to be handheld - that will be a while - but could happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.