main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Toronto Symphony Orchestra - Star Wars Concert - June 28th-29th

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Was just reading on North Ridge's boards that the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra will be having a John Williams tribute concert November 25th-26th. While perusing their schedule I also noticed The Lord of the Rings Symphony which is (of course) July 15th-16th smack dab in the middle of 3 other events that weekend.

But, to get back on topic - we still haven't decided one way or the other on the Toronto concert...

~Doc_Bev

2. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Not even handheld my dear Wookie
    Small enough to basically fit over your mouth....

I'll put that on my invention list..
    Right behind Warp Drive...A Holodeck...and a cure to rid the world of Liza Minelli since she cannot be killed by conventional weapons or booze..

3. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Rebel Legion Members!

Be sure to visit the Canadian Base forum for the Toronto Symphony Event information and sign up thread.

Really hoping a few of you can make it up.

4. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Wow this just got very weird for me. I just found out that i'll be working out of town that week. I'll actually be halfway there. I'll be working and staying in Buffalo that week. So I'm Defiantly thinking about it. Is anyone actually going up for it?

5. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I'm still hoping that KS and I can make it up for one of the nights, but the two of us haven't been home long enough at the same time to talk about it. :p

~Doc_Bev

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    At the moment we're still waiting to hear more details before we decide what we're doing. I don't want to fork over the money for seats and then not be able to use them. Hopefully RL Canada will have more details to pass along to us soon.

If other folks are interested - which day do we want to go up? Tues night or Wed night?

~Doc_Bev

7. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Which day dosen't matter to me as I'll be in buffalo already. I think I should be able to swing it if I can catch a ride with someone who wouldn't mind picking me up in buffalo on thier way thru.

I just checked thier website the only offer the $60 & up tickets online but advertise the tickets starting at $25
    There is also space for a promotional code I wonder if there is any???

I wonder if we'll be able to buy tickets at the door.

8. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    The first night would be best for me... but I will go with the flow. :)

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    According to the website tickets (if available) can be purchased at the box office and saves you a $4.50 CDN service fee.

In Person

Toronto Symphony Orchestra/
    Roy Thomson Hall Box Office
    60 Simcoe Street
    (southwest corner of King and Simcoe streets)
    Monday to Friday, 10:00 am to 6:00 PM, or until the concert start time
    Saturday, noon to 5:00 PM, or until the concert start time
    Sunday, two hours prior to concert time.
    Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit cards, cash, debit cards, money orders and gift certificates are accepted. There are no service charges for in-person ticket purchases.

I'm not sure exactly how to buy the tickets online as there is no option for "buy the cheapest tickets" :) It askes you to pick your seat and then enter in the price and I don't know what price points the different seats are...

~Doc_Bev

10. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    I have no issue just winging it and showing up... we still have to pick a day. Not like they won't let in a bunch of Jedi and Stormtroopers right... ;) ;)

Mike

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    OK we've secured the babysitter for either day, now we just need to see if KnightShade can escape from work. Plus I'm still keeping my eye on this thread (Rebel Legion only) hoping for some more concrete information. Although "winging it" does have it's own appeal! :D

And, yes T_StarFlyer we would be able to pick you up along the way. And without the little guy in the car we could probably fit 1-2 more as well.

~Doc_Bev

12. Modernism

Modernism Jedi Master star 1

Feb 19, 2003
    I checked yesterday and it was only $80 that were available, too much for my budget. Will try to call the box office tomorrow to find out if those are the only ones available.

13. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Oh, dear that's not good news...
    I'll have to call tomorrow too and see what's up.

~Doc_Bev

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Looks like we're starting to swing towards the less likely to make it side of the fence on this one. The ticket costs are getting a bit prohibitive and travel time is going to be tiring at best since we can't afford to stay overnight even if we have free crash space.

I'm still going to try again tomorrow to call the TSO (didn't get the chance to today).

~Doc_Bev

15. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    any news on this?

16. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Rebel Legion/501st 50% off discount can only be used (at this point) on the $90 seats. So if we go we won't be enjoying the concert. KnightShade's doubtful that we'll be attending, but won't give a firm yes or no.

~Doc_Bev

17. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
  18. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Damn. I was just beginning to consider going to this (so long as we also could get the 50% discount). Oh, and catch a ride to Toronto with someone, too. But I'd be down for going for the Wednesday night performance. I have to make what little money I can dj'ing on Tuesday nights...

19. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Yes, save up your money for CNSFX :)

20. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    MadKidJedi you would be eligible for the ticket discount once you apply for the Rebel Legion.

~Doc_Bev

21. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    After much deliberation - we're going.

T_StarFlyer & TX4277 are you still interested in attending? Keep in mind that (unless you want to pay $45 for a seat) you will probably not be seated to listen to the concert and you will need to be in costume for most of the time. Also, keep in mind that if you ride with us we will probably be driving right back after the concert as we can't afford the time to stay overnight up there.

~Doc_Bev

22. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    If we still have folks going up on the 28th, even if its just for some costuming I am game.

Let me know.

Mike

23. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    oh well As it stands now I won't be in Buffalo till wed night
    so i'll have to pass. I don't want to drive back & forth to toronto on Tues & have to turnround & have to drive back to Buffalo Wed. If for some reason your plans change you decide to go on the 29th instead then I can join you. Let me know

24. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I'm sorry T - it looks like tomorrow night is going to work out best for Darren's work schedule. If you still want to go, you can ride with us & TX4277. But, we won't be driving up the 29th (Wednesday night).

KnightShade has a Drs. appt at 2pm and we're going to be trying to leave shortly after that. I'm hoping that'll give us enough time for the drive, border crossing, quick bite to eat and costume changing time before 7pm.

~Doc_Bev

25. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    That's ok I won't be able to make it, But take pics if you can & I want to hear all about it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.