main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Toronto Symphony Orchestra - Star Wars Concert - June 28th-29th

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    We're back!!
    We got back to our house around 2:45am.

We left Rochester late (as usual) and was pulling into the Hall's parking lot just at 7pm (we were supposed to be in our costumes at 7pm). So we rushed into our costumes and headed out to the main lobby. It was packed! I took a bunch of pictures which I'll post later on today hopefully. We hung out there until 8pm when they had last call for people to get to their seats. Since KS, TX4277 and I didn't have tickets I asked where should we hang out until intermission (when we needed to entertain again) and to my surprise there were some extra tickets to see the concert. So TX4277 and I rushed in after decostuming (KS stayed down in the green room).

The concert itself was spectacular. The Symphony Orchestra and the Choral group were top rate. Definitely better than the Indianapolis CII concert. Anthony Daniels was the narrator and he was very entertaining.

For intermission we had to rush back re-costume and get back to the lobby. I took a few more pictures there and had a nice chat with the coat/baggage check lady. :)

Then I headed back in for the 2nd part of the concert (KS & TX4277 stayed in the green room). There were numerous standing ovations at the end as well as 2 encores. It was wonderful! I can post a list of the pieces they played once I find where I put the program book.

After we all decostumed, Anthony Daniels was in the back hallway signing autographs. Unfortunately, I didn't realize this until it was too late and he was ready to leave. :( He did however sign the card for Katie Johnson, so that was real nice.

I think that about covers it! It was a lot of fun that made up for the long drive and lack of sleep. [face_tired] I'll try to post pictures today if I can.

oh - I just read this which the conductor also announced at last night's concert. And the lucky 501st/RL guys & gals out there will actually get to be "in" the concert instead of just in the lobby like we were. The Roy Thompson Hall was just not condusive to armor wearers, it was almost all steps except for the very front by the stage and a couple skinny aisles in the floor sections.

~Doc_Bev

2. Modernism

Modernism Jedi Master star 1

Feb 19, 2003
    Glad some people got to go and enjoy it. sounds like it was great!
    Too much going on for me this week and last weekend to go, but glad you all had a good time.

3. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Pictures are now posted.

Oh, and here's a list of the pieces they performed:

Episode I
    Star Wars Main Theme
    The Adventures of Jar Jar
    Anakin's Theme
    Flag Parade
    The Duel of the Fates

Episode II
    Across the Stars

Episode III
    Battle of the Heroes

Episode IV
    The Little People
    Princess Leia's Theme
    Here They Come
    The Battle
    The Throne Room

Episode V
    The Imperial March
    The Asteroid Field
    Yoda's Theme
    Han Solo & The Princess
    Finale

Episode VI
    Jabba the Hut
    Luke & Leia
    Parade of the Ewoks
    The Forest Battle
    Star Wars Main Theme

Encore
    The Cantina Music
    Duel of the Fates

I just noticed that there is a Thank You in the program...
    The TSO would like to thank the members of the Toronto 501st and Rebel Legion for their participation in tonight's concert.

~Doc_Bev

4. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Man It soounds like it was really awesome, I'm bummed I missed it

5. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
  6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Cool! Thanks for sharing JediXXL!
    Was it less busy Wed night or did you just take pictures during intermission?

~Doc_Bev

7. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Well, after intermission we were done, and the guy from Tech TV was through getting his video of R2-D2. It was suggested to do group shots and a helmet-off picture...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.