main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Toronto Trek 15

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Bastandstarwars, Jun 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bastandstarwars

Bastandstarwars Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2001
    Hi

I would like to know what will be the fanforce activities at the Toronto Trek 15 convention. Yep i may go to the convention with Uilmuteiz. He offred to do me a lift to the convention. I know nobody. Will some of you get dressed in their costumes ?

Thanks a lot!

If you wanna visit my web page go to

www.geocities.com/crazyworld2000ca/home.html

2. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Hey Bast.

Aside from the FanForce room party on Friday, there's no pre-planned events. Usually at Trek, we get together on Friday and map out which panels we intend on being at over the next couple of days. We split up. We get back together. We split up. We find that we split up just to go to the same place.

Trek has a bulliten board on site, which we use to keep tabs on one another. Inevitably, we all end up having dinner together. Inevitably, we all seem to end up at the same panels and events.

It's a very relaxed atmosphere.

As for cosplay - I'm sure more than a fair share of our folks will be donning Jedi robes and Imperial uniforms.

3. td741

td741 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2000
    Well the 501st: Canadian Garrison should be there. Okay, maybe 4 to 5 members in Costume for at least Saturday. ;) Most likely we'll have:
    2 biker scouts, 1 stealth trooper (stormtrooper in black: me), one vader, one TIE Pilot, and possibly more. ;)

4. Subject Zero

Subject Zero Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2000
    I'm gonna try and do my jedi garb thing there.

:)

SZ

5. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    I might reprise the Cheerleader of the Sith or the Sith RenFaire Apprentice costumes. :)

Cris~

6. Bastandstarwars

Feb 26, 2001
    Hi

I just wanna say that i'm not utimeteiz. We are two different people. He is Sébastien Mineau. I am Sébastien Cayer. Yep two person named Sébastien that can lead to the confusion. I know it's ok :) By the way they plan to show the fan film troops during the convention. Aside from that i know that the guy who did The fandom menace will be there too.

7. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Don't worry, a nickname will soon be bestowed on one of you, to lessen the confusion.

8. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I'm gonna save you the pain of it Adam, here's my nick, Bob, yeah, it's the name of my Jawa Mascott, so might as well use it, and there are other reasons, but I will only tell these at T-Trek..

By the way Tragic, Really nice banner, I'll have to do something better.. ;)

and I wish to make the saturday night supper Official FF, so that non-attending people will be able to come by and have fun with us.

I do agree with you tough, it's best to see when the panels will be held before deciding.

9. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    ]
    Oh good, Thanks for clearing that up Bast and Jawa.

I've posted this before but if you need anymore info about Toronto Trek pop by their website.

http://tcom.icomm.ca

10. Bastandstarwars

Feb 26, 2001
    Hi

I want a nickname me too. Everybody call me bast like the godess of the cat.

[image=http://www.geocities.com/crazyworld2000ca/me2.jpg]

That's me

11. Nik

Nik Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2000
    <<I'm gonna try and do my jedi garb thing there.>>

Can I go in white :D

12. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Okay - Toronto Trek's posted a tentative schedule.

Sandwich, Cris~, anyone else... what panels are you on and what day/time are they?

13. Cristalia

May 15, 2000
    Here's my panel list:

Internet Fanfiction (moderating this), Fri. 10pm
    Toronto's Air, Sat. 1pm
    Camelot 5, Sat. 4pm
    Time Travel Philosopher, Sat. 6pm
    "Alternate Reality" TV, Sat. 8pm
    Fanfic Collaborative Writing, Sat. 9pm
    Vampires in Media, Sat. 10pm

Cris~

14. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    They really have to get those Vampires out of the Media!! Booo!! The media's bad enough without them. Get them away, boooo!!!

15. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    G Cris, by the look of that list, you wanted to gain access to the green room or what.. hehehehe.

whack hem up so we can take over.. ;)

but huh seriously, Watching this makes me realise something.. how about we all have diner togheter on sunday instead of supper on saturday, I' m going there, paying a lot more $$ than I should to see you guys, I don't want to have one of you (especially not some anime maniac like your cris) missing at the fanforce table.

What do you think.

Oh and here is a schedule correction from the RSA, the RSA party will begin right after Cristalia's panell somewhere around 11pm on friday. see you at her panel.

16. Cristalia

May 15, 2000
    Argh...does that mean you guys are all going to take over my panel and make me even more nervous? ...great.

Cris~

17. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Well, I haven't looked at the schedule yet, but I'll be at at least a few of your panels.

18. THEREALSHMII

Nov 29, 2000
  19. SLam

SLam Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 1999
    So when are you guys planning on getting to TTrek?

20. THEREALSHMII

Nov 29, 2000
    [image=http://webhome.idirect.com/~shmi/tracy.gif]
    Friday night. Most people have full weekend tickets.

21. Cristalia

May 15, 2000
    Friday afternoon/night. If we're bussing, I have to make it a full day affair, though...

David, what's the story with the big bouncy group hotel room? :)

Cris~

22. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    I am almost 100% that I will not be able to make it this year, unfortunately. I just don't have the money after going to a John Williams' concert near Boston, Mass.

I hope everyone has a great time!

23. Uilmuteiz

Dec 4, 2000
    **waving his hand in the air**
    You will come adam, you will come...

:)

after all, you don't need to pay to visit a friend now don't you.

Question, should I pack my PS2, it's a DVD player, and I'm guessing that some of you (Cris) might like to bring some DVD of really cool Anime (Rurouni Kenshin, second set of lodoss War... ) :)

thanks for answering quickly.

Plus, check your e-mails, because I will be posting my fanforce schedule, so that you guys know when the fanforce Chillin' room will be open.

24. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Hate to break it to you, but I don't think she owns any DVDs at all. I've got a bunch, but none are anime. Adam's got Mononoke, but that's the only one that comes to mind.

25. Cristalia

May 15, 2000
    We have some anime DVDs on loan from a friend right now...mostly Jubei-chan and a few movies...

But we'll see what we can do.

Cris~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.