main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Toronto Trek... it's coming..

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by grey_starr, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jellicle_jedi73

jellicle_jedi73 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    ROOM PARTY ROOM PARTY

that's my favorite part of ttrek! i will offer services to help w banners, posters i am an artist and when i ran a store i hand lettered all the signage, the old fashioned way, thought i do have access to a graphic designer and art programs on the computer.

ROOM PARTY ROOM PARTY..... Who's all gonna have rooms at the hotel? We were thinking of it but you know, finances..... We have to stay in the area, we have a saying in Oakville, you can't get anywhere from here! [face_frustrated]

2. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    hmmmm I might be able to come for a day... I should find out tonight what my new shift will be.

3. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    Good thing I have the extra room up for grabs.

I'll register it for room parties with Grey_Star, might even be able to put aside some fot he bawls we have coming for promoting.

Other concerns will be how we're gonna finance the room and then pooling of resources and the likes.

One thought however is no alcoholic beverages are supposed to be present if it is an official Fanforce room party. Kinda a reason why there hasn't been an official Fanforce party for around 3 years.

4. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Well it was the Official FanForce Chillin' Room hosted partly by the Montreal Underground Knights (us debauchered fools ^-^)

but the Lack of alcool indeed did kill the party.

Anyhow, there's no need to be drunk to have some fun.

And this year we'll have Bawls-a-gogo for the party so it promesses to be interesting no matter what.

The M.U.K. will be helping out the refreshments part of the party.

5. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    thanks to Duker we have a room!... and NOTE... this will be available for Crash space!

A donation for using the room for crashing would be welcome... Naturally the more people that help out, the cheaper it is for everyone... but if you can't chip in Do Not Worry!... we'd rather you be able to make it out!... it'll be our secret ;) ... The room will be paid for reguardless, so don't worry too much on such things!

We have plenty of planning time... but... it doesn't hurt for people to think on these things... like bringing drinks, snacks and whatever else...

This is going to be awsome!

6. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    There are lots of unnoficial parties to visit where there is beer in the tub, personally i tend not to drink very often, never know if i'll get hyper or sleepy. If my friends and i swing a room we can also have it open for "crashing" we'll have to see.

How many people will have their kids for all/part of the con, joint babysitting also might be looked into.

7. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Sweet.. the Room is set for Parties!.. so Friday night Star Wars room party is a go!...

8. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    I will be there of course. it looks like Q-Ball will come and he promises to behave himself this year. He also learned a few more magic tricks and his old favorites will be on hand

9. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    well, unless this lasts till the Monday, I won't be able to go. :(

10. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Just a quick note to remind any interested folks, the pre-registration deadline is June 1st. Deadline for hotel rooms at the Convention rate is June 9.

TTrek also has a pub-night on Friday, June 3rd, which is the last time you can pre-register.

TT Pub Night
    June 3 2005 - 7:30pm

Rails & Ales
    752 Danforth Ave
    416-462-9555
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=752+Danforth+Ave+toronto+ontario&hl=en

I'm thinking I'll probably go to the pubnight, anyone else interested?

11. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    Thanks for reminding me to get my registration rofl That was almost an ooops! ;)

Oh...will the room be available to people for storing things or for changing during the day? I really don't want to run the expense of booking a room for the whole time when I only live about 25 mins or so from the hotel. All I need is a bit of storage/changing space - I'd gladly chip in a few bucks for that.

12. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    It certainly will be available for use... hope to have a couple of keys available so people can get in and out...... I know I'll be storing my stuff there while in armour...

13. kerberos_kero

kerberos_kero Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2005
    i'm going :D
    should i pay for my membership now or later(at the door)?

we will have a promotional table?

14. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Pre-Reg is cheaper now.

15. TC-5986

TC-5986 Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    After the weekend I'll know for sure. Missed last year, so I might be in.

16. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

Sadly not going to the pub night. Already had prior plans.

17. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    i don't even know what day it is today... if i wanted to go to the pub night can i get a ride? i live in Oakville, anyone from the halton area going?????

18. TVB1138

TVB1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2005
    I would also like to get a ride, PLZ and THX

19. kerberos_kero

Apr 6, 2005
    sorry for my ignorance but what is a "pub night"? [face_thinking]

20. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    a pub night is just a bunch of people gathering in a specific pub to hang out. In this case it it for TTrek.

TVB1138 are for sure getting a room, available for crashing and also storage. :)

21. Darth_Surly

Darth_Surly Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    So the room party is Friday night and the dinner is Saturday night? I'll be at the con for some of it at least. There don't seem to be many Star Wars panels this year, though. Odd given that ROTS is the last film and all. I guess they didn't have enough people volunteer for them.

22. kerberos_kero

Apr 6, 2005
    thanks for the definition.

23. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    They also need people suggesting panels. So if you have a Star Wars panel you would like to see make the suggestion.

24. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    Hey Surly see you there, no Mr Bigglesworth this year. Dr Evil is due for retirement even if I am bald again

25. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    Yo Doctor evil, however will i recognise you? Poor bigglesworth, does it have anything to do with beeing kicked in the long line?

Who is all going to the pub night? i am confused! if people are going i want to go too. What about bigglesworth, he could do with a pint after his beating......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.