main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Toronto Trek... it's coming..

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by grey_starr, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Surly

Darth_Surly Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    No Mr. Bigglesworth? Aw. Do you have a new costume? Not that it's necessary.

Who is doing panels? I'm doing a Battlestar Galactica one. I'm not sure if I can go every day, though. July is a bad month for me with work.

2. JediCourier

JediCourier Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    Not that I'll likely be going, but on the off-chance I do, I assume Saturday is considered "the" day to make, if you can only make one day?

3. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    if you want to see Katie Sackoff (starbuck) from Battlestar , then sunday is better but saturday is a better day

im working on new costume, i guess you will have to wait till then

work is crazy hoping to be able to go still

4. jellicle_jedi73

jellicle_jedi73 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    This is about SFX but it's all related is it not? Added to the sfx line up, Crispin Glover and some dude from firefly/Serenity

Dust off your back to the future trilogy.

5. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Some dude from Serenity??? I am insulted

j/k

6. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

lol. Ya Alex, just SOME DUDE. hahaha. (sorry, just very energtic.)

Soooo... what pannels are everyone on? I know EVERYONE wants to know my pannel (most likely not, but I'll just spout them out anyway.)

The Dead Walk! - Mod
    Doctor Who: An English Rose
    Doctor Who: It's Back!
    Harry Potter Casts A Spell - Mod
    Star Wars: Popcorn Or Shakespeare? - Mod
    Star Wars: Prelude To Episode III

Mod'ing three. I'm pretty darned excited.

7. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    i did not mean to insult, i am not so familiar w firefly, i think Tvb is going to pick up the dvds so we can see it. Anyway it's all some dude to me, i told Liann that the dude in Grivious is also gonna be there, not so good w names.... Crispin Glover however, him i know!

That's a lot of moderating, you are going to be all smiley faced-out :D (like Barbie at rhe end of toy story 2, my cheeks are kiling me!)

8. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    Heh no problem. Get DVDs and watch them so I can get more people sucked into being a Browncoat :D

9. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    okay i will try.

10. LATOPADEYOR

LATOPADEYOR Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2005
    Not only is this the first time hearing about these kinds of conventions here ( I always thought it was an American or Californian phenomena), but ODO is gonna be there! He was one of my favorite Star Trek characters ever. I'm not the type who gets autographs or cares about those things, but it would be cool to see these TV/movie personalities out of character/makeup...

11. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    hey Lat, T-Trek is a whole bunch of fun, hope to see you there. this will be my fourth year. keep an eye on the message board for toronto long line announcements and if all works out you may see a large mouthwash bottle walking around,,,, maybe......

12. LATOPADEYOR

Jun 20, 2005
    Large mouthwash bottle? Will you be fighting the Evil Gingivitus?;):D

13. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    Yes TT is fun. I am also not an autogrpah hound. There is loads to do there. The Q&As (Question and Answering) sessions are great and the photo graph with the actors is fairly quick.

You first convention will most likely be a shocker but you will grow to enjoy these conventions as you get to know more and more people.

This year will be my 4th year also. I wish I got involved a long time ago.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

14. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    i am excited :)

15. LATOPADEYOR

Jun 20, 2005
    I just have a couple questions:
    What arepanels all about? I'm not sure what you guys are talking about when you talk about panels?
    How much are tickets, do you buy them at the door? Ample parking?

I will try to google the answers, but I never seem to be able to do with google everything that people tell me I can do with it. I always end up finding nothing but unrelated pages of places that sell stuff. I guess my google skills suck. Anyways, thanks in advance. -Pat-

Okay, never mind...looked it up successfully. I like the idea of selling a 2 hour visitor pass...good idea for my first time... I wouldn't want to spend $55 and have some guy dressed like a Klingon spit on me in the first two minutes, and I want to leave.... I know it's not likely, but I don't know what to expect yet. And Saturday seems the best bang for the buck, as if I'm enjoying myself, it's an all day thing, and not just a few hours... and I'd like to see the guy that's doing Arnis demonstrations....I could go for some Philippino stick fighting on a nice Saturday (or is that Kali/Escrima, maybe they're all Phillipino). I think I might try to sell the day to a friend based on that... "Ya, Ya...it's a whole martial arts thing, you'll love it...." [at the door]..."Star Trek convention?...nooooo, I had no idea... they probably got double booked and are sharing the space...don't worry, it's all about stick fighting..."

16. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    let me see if I can answer your questions and and answer some you may ask along with calming some fears.

panels = group discussions on anything from TV shows to books to movies to anything really.

Q: how do the panels work?
    A: in the room are chairs, and a table with chairs at the front of the room. a moderator and panelists sit at the front and guide the discussion.

Q: whats a moderator?
    A: He/She is the one keeps the discussion on track, makes sure people gets turns to talk, starts and ends the discussion,

Q: whats a panelist?
    A: three or four people who either have a great interest or experience in a certain topic.

Q: who can be a panelist?
    A: anyone can, you get a discount on your ticket if you signed up by June 1st. the more panels you do the more discount.

Q: can anyone go to panels?
    A: Yes without an audience a panel will be no discussion at all.

Q: How do I know where do go for these?
    A: you will get a guide to panels when you sign up.

Q: why go to panels?
    A: they can be lots of fun, informative and interesting. they also fill up space in your day and give you something to do.

Q: other then Panels what else can I do?
    A: dealers room to buy things, watch movies and shows in the projection room, check out the art room, chill in Ten Forward also known as the Con suite. roam around and look at people in costumes or wear one. and no the Klingons dont spit on you. get autographs of famous people. listen to the guests talk, maskerade and lots more.

Q: what is Ten Forward?
    A: rest, relax, watch a show, talk to people, have a soft drink and some chips. at night you can get a beer at a modest price.

Q: when the convention shuts down for the day what do I do?
    A: Room parties, people you know or meet will be going to one, come along, check the message board announcements.

Q: why wear a costume?
    A: there are two kinds of costumes and its fun to dress up and be someone or something else for a change.

Q: Ok, what are these two kinds of costumes?
    A: Hall costumes, people who dress up and just walk around the convention. and then there is the Maskerade where you get up on stage and show off your costume or do a little skit.

ok thats about all I can think about for now, any more questions just ask.

17. Aina

Aina Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2003
    T Trek is coming!? T Trek is coming!? AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

heh yes, this will also be my first convention ever. And I'm prolly going to come for all day Saturday...maybe stay over Friday night, or Saturday night I'm not sure yet....this will take careful planning. Anyways a few questions:

1) Where do I find information about room parties? Such as day, time and place? (I'm mostly interested in the Fan Force party, the Buffy party and the Q Continuum)

2) What's the deal with our get together dinner thingie?

3) Why am I still up? The birds are starting to sing and I'm not in bed yet!

goodnight, I will search for the answers in the morning.

18. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Well,

It's forms like these that tell us about room parties. I think I heard mentioned somewhere on this board about the Toronto Fan Force Party. You may also hear some talk on the Toronto Trek Message Boards. It's all word of mouth. The groups that have room parties also post it on a board at the CON itself. That ussually states the date and time.

19. LATOPADEYOR

Jun 20, 2005
    Do they serve Aldebren Whisky in Ten Forward?;):D
    How about Saurian Brandy? Oh man, Ten Forward...this I gotta see.

20. SandwichBoy

SandwichBoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2000
    Well, anyone still looking for a room to stay in can let me know as Leah and I have space for one more person in our hotel room for Friday & Saturday nights, and we'd like to have a full 4 to keep things cheap.

21. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

I've got extra room in my room as well. Friday and Saturday Night.

22. Aina

Aina Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 19, 2003
    i might be taking one of those nights as im not sure which one yet...most likely saturday....also as you will all be surely happy of this I have decided to try to make it all three days, it all sounds so interesting, and theres a lot of panels im interested in attending.

23. jellicle_jedi73

Apr 26, 2005
    i believe i will have some space available also. but i am not sure yet...

i confuse easily :p

24. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    My options are T-trek or SFX. I can do one not the other, and given that SFX is more comics oriented I have a feeling that would be more appropriate for me. So more then likely I will see you in august.

25. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Well send me a pm about the nights Aina, otay? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.