main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit TOS Databank Discussion Thread - Updated & Revised

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Jul 7, 2014.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Lucas was also the one who told Veitch to clone Palpatine.

Gorefiend and Iron_lord like this.
  2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
  3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    kubricklynch likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Nah, it's just what Filoni always said.

5. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005

It looks like George just said yes to the least horrible idea given to him and those weren't actually things Lucas thought up himself. I don't get the impression Lucas ever gave the EU much thought until he started working on the EU.

When people said that this idea came from George it was more or less somebody came to him with a couple different ideas and he just said which one of those couple ideas they can use or not use.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  6. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    What the heck Hutts are a species now? I thought that was just some Star Wars term for a gangster. You know, like how Bothans are a type of spy.

7. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Browsing through the articles, apparently it's linked through the "Separatist Alliance". The exciting entry reads "Powerful commerce guild that joined Count Dooku and the Separatists." and for "Locations" lists "Scipio" (which doesn't have a link).
    I assume this is their joke entry. [face_plain]

But hey - the Retail Caucus only gets a broken link for their picture.

The Techno Union has a picture of Wat Tambor, but no link. Wat Tambor lists "Techno Union" as affiliation, but the link doesn't work.

Guys, maybe you should finish what you started before putting it up in the public view.

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I am so damn tired.

I read that as "Rectal Caucus."

Now that group is headquartered on Scipio.

9. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Imperial Censorship already at work, for sure, the Emperor in his grand wisdom has begun to wipe the Clone Wars from everyone's minds! ;)

blackmyron likes this.
  10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    So I was on the databank today and discovered a terribly disturbing turn of events. I was wondering if they ever updated their San Hill Intergalactic Banking Clan section -- you know, the page they made and was accessible but could not be reached by the interactive menu -- and it turns out, the whole thing is kaput. It doesn't exist anymore.

SO like any rational Muun fanatic human being faced with such a moral paradox, I went straight to my imaginary BFFs the Separartist Alliance page. Which IS on the menu. And lo!

http://www.starwars.com/databank/separatist-alliance

It doesn't exist anymore! Neigh, it's a TRAP!

Well I took the good Admiral's advice and tried something else. I went to Scipio's page, where you used to be able to access the IBC. BUT LO! AND BEHOLD!

IT'S BEEN ERASED FROM THE JEDI ARCHIVE!!! (including the menu!)

Guys you gotta help me. It's a conspiracy! They're taking our beloved CIS! What will they take next? The Podracers? The Jedi Council? You? Me? I tell you, this is only the beginning!

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Anakin Skywalker learned how to hack the databank?

12. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    No, I think an eight-year-old has been put in charge.

Case in point - the entry for the starship "Merchant One" has this exciting information about it:

"non-animal
    vehicle"

Only boring nerds care about ship lengths. Real fans only want to know "ANIMAL OR NON-ANIMAL".

13. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    "If an item cannot be found in our records, it does not exist"?

14. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    And Azmorigan is http://www.starwars.com/databank/azmorigan]apparently[/url] a "generic alien", while poor Admiral Kassius Konstantine http://www.starwars.com/databank/admiral-kassius-konstantine]has[/url] never appeared in anything.

Whoever is doing the Rebels updates does not give a ****.

15. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Hey, interns have to start somewhere.