main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOS Refugee...

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Darth_Henning, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    Well, given the recent Vong invasion and pending destruction of TOS's forums I've been told that this is a good replacement.

My name is Darth_Henning, and I was a member of TOS since early 2004, and a pretty regular poster. With the forums closing, I decided to move to more...ammenable surroundings, and hopefully you won't hold that against me*.

Various members here can attest that I was one of the most annoying, hypercritical, and opinionated people there, who generally pissed everyone off, but was always right. Even when Sue and Leland disagreed. I hope you won't throw me out too soon.

Now someone get me a Talmog and a Twi'lek dancing girl. Both should be blue if you know what your doing.

* - unless your female, then your welcome to hold anything you want against me

2. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Cool, welcome aboard. Nothing wrong with being opinionated, just don't do it in a way that will send you to banland. ;) Any questions about our policies, culture and such, feel free to ask. Enjoy!

3. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Welcome! You sound like you'll fit right in. We'll take five of you.

4. Darth_Henning

Jun 1, 2007
    Thanks for the welcome guys. I will attempt to contribute meaningfully sometime.

Until then. TROLLING GALORE! MWAHAHAHA

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Well, it was certainly refreshing meeting someone with so much substance to contribute. We hope you enjoy your 5 post shelf-life here with us.

6. Darth_Henning

Jun 1, 2007
    Note to self: humor apparently unappreciated here.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Oh, no, no... don't get me wrong. I'm a veteran at being banned. I hope you stick around quite a bit.

I look forward to your career with great interest.

8. Darth_Henning

Jun 1, 2007
    Well, I was a frequent irritant at TOS for 7 years, so hopefully I can be equally aggitating here.

I can but try. The forum is very slow to load for me though...

9. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Sometimes the boards are slow, they speed up normally again. You'll get used to it - it's a good time to answer an email or get something to eat. :p

Oh, and what's 'humor'? Never heard of such a word. Sounds weird... [face_thinking]

Trolling remembers me of banland... but maybe it's more comfortable with that weird word... Not sure, never was there for real... :confused:

And beside of this, there's a thread where some of the TOS refugees meets for the beginning, maybe you'll like to take a look? :)

Of course, as Katya said above, if you have question, just ask. :)

Have fun and enjoy your stay!

May it be as long as it was at TOS! :D

10. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Welcome to the JC!! I hope you like it here and find a good second home :)

We have a TON of boards here; what areas are you particularly interested in?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.