main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Tosche Station Official Logo Contest

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by PreludeRM, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Well You knew it was coming sooner of later. Yes we need a logo.

Okay good. To help spawn some interest we're going to have a contest. Please submit all drawings/scans/logos to me at preluderm@calgaryfanforce.com . The winner will be chosen at our next meeting in August. So you all have some time.

So here are some rules for this little contest

1. DO NOT USE A COPYRIGHTED IMAGE IN THE LOGO e.g. Rebel Alliance symbol, Imperial symbol, Old Republic symbol, Golden Arches, etc. However, borrowing is fine. I beleive Phoenix FF is a good example of this. Lucasfilm has been very lenient with all the FF's but that could change so lets not make it an issue.

2. It doesn't have to be a work of art. I'm sure some of us are better artist than others. I am looking for a general sketch for our logo. We can always have someone else make it look professionally done.

3. Be creative.

4. HAVE FUN with this!

If anybody else has any thing to add to what they want to see in our logo let me know.

Ryan

2. Nite_shift

Nite_shift Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2004
    Good idea there Prelude,

3. Vicu

Vicu Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2004
    Borrowing images? I haven't seen the Pheonix logo so I don't know what you mean.

4. GoodLife

GoodLife Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2005
    *scrape*
    Well we'll see how rusty my Adobe & 3DSMax have gotten...

5. Aegypticus

Aegypticus Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2003
    My first submission.

I threw this together really quickly in the middle of the night. It's just a preliminary image. I made it 100% in Adobe Illustrator, which means it is all in vector format. It can be made to any size required without losing quality.

Please give me suggestions on changes, etc. It has a rather eclectic feel, but I can definitely change it up.

6. Magpie Jen

Magpie Jen Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 1999
    I like your logo there Aegypticus!

I keep meaning to give this a try myself.
    Jen

7. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Once again I'm bugging you all to get your images in. So far I've only see 2. Jordains and Aegypticus's. We need to get this done soon as I would like to have some sort of flyers made for the NOV 1 ROTS release that we can hand out.

8. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    Dr Haggis and I will make sure to have a few of the business cards printed out in time for the Comic & Toy Fair this weekend (August 20th), but it would have been nice to have an official logo by then...

(I guess what I'm saying is, the sooner we can close this thing, the better, for the sake of group public relations.)

9. Fire_Power

Fire_Power Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2005
    Hi. First post here. Picked up your Fan Force card at the toy con HSCA event on saturday.
    Went to the site and saw the logo competition which I'd love to have a shot at. I've traind in graphic design and done a lot of illustration.
    So. Just wondering if it's still open?
    Thanks

10. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Hey there. Great to have you here. Yes the logo contest is still open. So have at it.

11. Fire_Power

Fire_Power Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2005
    Here's one I've been working on which I've also emailed to you PreludeRM, using the email address attached to fanforce.com's contact us page.
    Little more about it there.[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v57/nickheazell/Sabrelogo6.jpg]
    Can make changes of course.
    Let us know what you all think.

12. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Well We finally have our Logo. Our winner is Jordain.

Now a call to all graphic artists to put this pic into Adobe and have fun with it.
    [image=http://members.shaw.ca/prelude.iso/stuff/logo.gif]

You can remove the words from the center and just have fun. This graphic will be used on our web page / business cards / shirts / hats. What ever we want to make with it.

Please email me at preluderm (at) calgaryfanforce.com with all rendered art work.

Thanks for all the entries and look for more graphic work for our web page soon.

Ryan

13. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Looks great congrats Jordain.

14. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    =D= Congratulations Jordain! It is an awsome logo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.