main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Tosti’s and Jedi, fic gift for PonyTricks

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 5, 2014.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Tosti’s and Jedi, fic gift for PonyTricks
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: Beyond
    Characters: Mara, Luke, Ben, Han, Leia, Jacen and Jaina
    Genre: fic gift
    Summary: Luke tries to repair something.
    Disclaimer: Star Wars is owned by G.L. and the mouse.

PoniTricks wanted a story in Saga with
    1. an embarrassing secret discovered
    2. a broken fondue machine
    3. a roll of duct tape (dura-steel tape? LOL)
    I do not want: anyone dying
    Characters: Han, Leia and... surprise me!

Tosti’s and Jedi, fic gift for PonyTricks

‘This is going to be fun.’ Mara Jade Skywalker had during the last three days seen her husband sneaking away after sparring, lifting, jumping and more use the Force do, not try exercises. Even Ben sitting – something Luke really liked since the toddler had turned four – was avoided during those days. Now he was at it again and at the same time as the previous days. He had left and more.
    He had taken her red airspeeder.

But this time she was prepared. The Solo kids were occupied with Ben-sitting and had taken him to their home. She jumped in one of the temple airspeeders and activated her datapad.
    There, on the small screen became the dot visible. She followed as discreetly as possible. As a former Imperial hand she was an expert at that.

She saw her husband entering a spare-parts store and coming out some time later. More stores followed and where was he headed?

This was different. Each previous day he had returned, empty handed.
    Not now.

He stopped at the Solo residence and disappeared inside carrying big bags with stuff.

‘Ah whatever,’ Mara grinned. ‘Ben is here.’ She entered and coming in the living room she stopped.

There sitting at the table, surrounded by the Solo kids and Ben was Luke. She barely suppressed a grin. The table was crowded with all kinds of tools.

A roll of grey dura-steel tape was in her husband’s hands. And he was using that to wind around a thing she had never seen before. “I have never thought you were a wizard at repairing things.”

Luke looked up, big smile on his face.

“He isn’t,” Han – passing her – hurried as fast as he could to the table and grabbed the thing.

“What?” Luke stood up turning to Han with a face turning red.

“Spittle and band-aids – ah yes duct-tape and all kinds of tape are just that – were never your items to repair something. Do you know what will happen if we fill this bowl with molten cheese?”

“Fireworks dad and dripping cheese everywhere,” Jacen gave a wink with his left eye to his siblings. “Pinky and Spot love cheese.”

“More a destroyed table, kitchen, living room and not to forget the whole house and two fried mice,” Han said.

“No,” Jacen waved with his hands and a cage with the two pets came floating in his hands. “I will save Pinky and Spot.”

“Han I tried,” Luke began and continued when Han just put the fondue machine on the table “three days ago Leia told me that the machine – ah yes the fondue machine – was broken. I had to search the holonet to find out what a fondue machine is and not knowing what could be broken I began to gather stuff to repair it.” He indicated the tools on the table.

“You never have had cheese fondue?” Han began to grin broadly.

“Uh no,” Luke – still red faced – broke down in laughter. “But I have had pizzas and cheese-burgers and tosti's.”

“Tosti's? What are those?” Mara had a questioning look on her face.

“I will make them,” Luke joined a smiling Leia in the kitchen.

- - - -
    Later.
    Ben was sleeping.

Mara was snuggled closely to Luke on the sofa quite content after the delicious tosties but with one question “Luke, who taught you to make tosti's?”

“A moment,” Luke stood up, rummaged in a cupboard and came back with a holocube. “Look and see.” He activated the holocube.

Mara watched, again snuggled closely to her husband and encircling him with her arms.

Luke watched, saw the tosti's being made by a pair of Jedi and tried to wrestle from Mara’s arms when the next recording followed rather abruptly.

“This is interesting farmboy,” Mara held on to Luke.

“What?” Luke got big eyes.

The recording stopped.

“Never knew that Jedi did this,” Mara laughed.

“Ben – Obi-Wan Kenobi – broke the Jedi code,” Luke had a now very red face when he saw the two Jedi only covered by a towel.

“But we have done this before,” Mara began to tickle Luke.

[​IMG]

FIN

Note:
    Recipe for Tosti's
    Two slices of bread, between it a slice of cheese and put in a waffle-iron until the cheese is molten.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Fun! LOL And I love fondue! Cheese or chocolate will do. :) Loved the L/m goodness at the end. :) Tagging PonyTricks -- :)

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Okay…wait…did I read that right? Luke had a holo where Obi-Wan and a female Jedi were demonstrating the steps on how to make a Tosti…and then it became a skinholo?

I should have gotten you to write me a Christmas story. lol!

If I didn't read that right…then forgive me for having my mind in the gutter. :p

4. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Thank you for taking on my fic-gift, earlybird-obi-wan! You did a wonderful job with it. I love how Luke didn't even know what a fondue pot was! LOL! =D=