main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Total Double Standard.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by citizen-tom, Nov 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citizen-tom

citizen-tom Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    Okay, bound by the limitations not known to WattoWatta's superhuman abilities, I won't be able to turn this into War and Peace and/or include words that will make JCers feel intellectually inferior or crash the server of dictionary.com.

Ahem...

That being said I just want to lay out a pretty blatant double standard and kick the horse firm in the arse.

LMM, who was told something about "if it ever happens again..." or whatever stuff, was a jerk again. (See saltys thread)

The administration says, and I quote it?s not as serious for a regular user or VIP to make some mild trouble"

While this is the case for LMM, for another VIP it was different. He was held to a higher standard on the TFN/FF boards

He got a demotion because, and I quote His general lack of tact and respect in posting

Or officially "You have been permanently demoted and removed from the City Rep forum as of 11 PM EST for the total lack of respect and attitude you showed users in this thread. You were warned that if you messed up again your probation would be over and you would be permanently demoted."

Drat, that sounds so similar!

LMM is still a VIP, sadly for this guy, who unlike LMM (in my opinion.....yada yada, "the practice" is on and I don't want to get called on for speculation) is a cool dude, the story is not the same. His colors are lost [sandlot]forever foreVER FOREVER.[/sandlot].

Difference?

EDIT--n/m about that last point, I'm a paranoid Idiot. Just found the thread.

Will the administration please not lock this till its discussed, thanx.

2. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jedi_Nailbiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    Dude, your back!

Uhm, remember your post about KW? I have a feeling this thread has a similar fate.

3. citizen-tom

May 20, 2002
    Lord Bane--That's good to know, I have no doubt in you wanting to come to a soulution in such buisness. Though I hope this time something is actually done after discussion.

Gandolf-- Sweet God! An excellent solution in less than 10 minutes. That's one degree of seperation. That's buisness with dotnet.

4. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    We are doing something about this, rest assured.

5. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    He has been / is being demoted to regular user.

6. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jul 22, 2000
    I don't understand. Why does he continue to make banners for you guys?

7. citizen-tom

May 20, 2002
    Alright! G'night JC.

8. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Because some people like his banners. Some of those people who like his banners are responsible for the graphics of this site. So they tend to choose his banners, because his banners appeal to their sense of taste.

9. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    I have demoted him. This may only be temporary, as discussion goes on. But being a VIP on the JC in his capacity reflects on both Staff and the JC Administration. He has repeatedly misrepresented both and this is what happens.

Please - if you have a problem keep it civil or if you can't, PM me. I can take hostility over PM but I won't tolerate it in Communications.

Thanks in advance for understanding.

10. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    Dude, your back!

What about his back?

Friendly, neighborhood grammar nazi.

11. Jedi_Nailbiter

Jul 22, 2000
    Dammit fate, I swear you're following me... :p

You know what I meant.

12. FateNaberrie

Jan 31, 2000
    Wherever there is an offense against grammar, she is there. ;)

13. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Please stay on topic, this isn't JCC.

citizen-tom: can you please reveal who the other VIP is that you mention in your next post? I think it's impossible to compare and contrast 2 seperate cases when you don't tell us who the 2nd case was.

Thanks

:)

14. Jobo

Jobo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2000
    I assume he means PreacherBoy.
    _jOBO

15. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    He means BYOB_Kenobi.

Amazing.

16. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I don't think so, as he said City Rep. I have a feeling I know who he is talking about but I could be wrong.

17. FateNaberrie

Jan 31, 2000
    citizen-tom: can you please reveal who the other VIP is that you mention in your next post? I think it's impossible to compare and contrast 2 seperate cases when you don't tell us who the 2nd case was.

I have a feeling that he didn't want to widely reveal this name since he pointedly avoided using it throughout his post. I don't think asking him is going to make him up and decide to use it.

(And now that I've made an on-topic post, can I say that it's "separate" ? :p)

18. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I believe he is talking about BYOB_Kenobi. That is a copy of the personal message I sent to inform him of his demotion. Also in the future keep Private Messages exactly that, private. I never gave you permission to post that.

EDIT: I am also a believer that if you are a VIP then you are held to a higher standard just like the Moderating Staff. Especially a member of TFN's staff.

19. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    So I'm not the only one thinking that then.

The thing of it is, FanForce is connected with the JC, but it is a seperate entity. The City Reps, RSAs, and GSA's deal with fans in the real world, vs stuff that is strictly on the boards or staff related. That could explain why the punishment that is handed out varies between the two.

20. FateNaberrie

Jan 31, 2000
    Also in the future keep Private Messages exactly that, private. I never gave you permission to post that.

Once you send any kind of correspondence, it becomes the property of the recipient, and it is up to them to release it. So if BYOB told him he could post it, then he has every right to.

21. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Fate: I hardly think it's fair to "out" one user to shame them even more and try not to step on the toes of the other because they're friends or whatever. He wanted to have this seriously discussed, he should have laid it all out to begin with.

And I reverse he write to misspell and take out of pretext any words which I desire ;)

As Bria mentioned, this seems to be no more than a disparity(sp? :p ) between the JC and FF treatment of different cases. No more.

22. FateNaberrie

Jan 31, 2000
    Touché.

23. Porkins in a Speedo

Porkins in a Speedo Jedi Knight star 5

May 6, 1999
    hasn't this issue already been covered in another thread?

24. FateNaberrie

Jan 31, 2000
    That thread was locked at the owner's request, and wasn't discussed to death as every subject must be here at JC Communications.

25. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    That would be correct. I had my thread locked once I felt the point had been made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.