main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Total JC newb here!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by CaeliRose, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaeliRose

CaeliRose Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 5, 2005
    Hello! Newb CaeliRose here and ready to post and meet more SW fans! *puts on webgloves and goggles! why goggles you ask? I do not know...It just sounded good at the moment!

A condensed bio of my Star Wars Fascination:
    A New Hope was released a few days after my 2nd birthday. Alas I do not remember seeing it. I became entralled with the series when The Empire Strikes back was released and couldn't believe the big plastic dude with asthma, could ever father a human (Luke). I cried and pleaded with my parents to convince the Emperor to stop electro-shocking Luke in Return of the Jedi. Which of course only got me booted from the movie to the snack bar, which in itself wasn't too bad since I did get some candy out of it. For years after I tortured my parents, siblings and family by dressing up as Princess Leia wielding Luke Skywalker's lightsaber proclaiming I would have been a Jedi if I hadn't been a boring Princess. Hey, I was 8/9yrs old to start with and for a while got away with jumping on the furniture trying to rid the Galaxy of the Evil Sith Little Sister.

Growing up I used to go to my friends house across the street and sneak into her brothers bedroom so I could play with all his Star Wars toys(he had way more than I did! which I did not think was fair!) And being jealous of my cousins David and Danny because they owed two of every single Star Wars toy known to man at the time...and probably still do...yes, still slightly jealous...but only slightly. For a few years I was afraid that everyone had completely forgotten about my favorite movies (not counting the Ewoks cartoons or Droids). Then came Timothy Zahn and my world was whole again! I voraciously read every book that came out in the EU. Dreaming of once again donning my Princess Leia outfit! Only to find out I couldn't fit it over my head...Damn! My hair was long enough to do the buns though!

A few years later the rerelease of the movies were out and I took my little brother (who at 13yrs old at this point only ever saw the movies in television) to see them on the big screen. Now, he understood my fascination and did not make fun of me again...until I told him when I was getting married and the theme was Star Wars. And yes, I did have a Star Wars cake, Lightsabers for the goomsmen (which the bridesmaids all fought them for, and eventually won), I walked down the aisle not the Here Comes the Bride but to the Throne Room theme music( you know..with Han, Luke and Chewbacca walking at the end of ANH? OF COURSE YOU DO!), then back down the aisle as a married couple to Augie's Great Municipal Band (gotta love the horns in that song!).

I've only been to one actual Star Wars event. That was with the Phoenix Fan club to celebrate the release of ROTJ to dvd. To date I've only been collecting. And am prepping to be a Volunteer at CIV. Erm...Oh, and I am currently making my husbands Kit Fisto costume (he'll only go to the light side of the Force if he can be Kit Fisto. So I'm hard at work!!

And that is me...in the short version...

*for the observant...yes, I actually posted all this in the wrong thread somewhere else on JC...heh*

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome aboard, CaeliRose! [:D]

As I said in the other thread, it's a great personal story and I loved to read it, since I could imagine most parts very well. :D

Btw do you have pics of your selfmade customes? And have you found the Custome&Probs board already? :)

Enjoy your (hopefully) long stay. It would be great to meet you at the Newbie Welcome Party or at another social thread here. :)

3. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Welcome, Caeli!

That was a great read. Definitely gives me, and everyone, a great feel for your love of Star Wars. You'll definitely fit in just fine here. :D

I must say, a Star Wars wedding is very cool. I hope the hubby enjoyed it. ;)

As Skiara has already mentioned, you might want to check out the Costumes & Props forum around here - sounds like your thing! There's also a Literature board for all that EU lovin'. :D

And then there's plenty of other places around here that are great fun. Have fun exploring!

Just dig in. :D

4. CaeliRose

Sep 5, 2005
    Thank you, thank you! I will be sure to check out those threads...As to finished costumes...not as of yet. I put mine on the back burner since I've been doing my husbands. I didn't realize how hard it would be to find material close enough to even match the originals! I have to admit, I'm really picky about things like that, well for me anyways.

No, I have not found it yet. But I will. Give me 10 minutes!

I can't wait to get starting surfing around on an offical basis!

edit: after about 8minutes I found it...then I realized all this time Tyi-Maet_Nefer added a link! [face_blush] [face_laugh]

5. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Welcome, CaeliRose. I hope you enjoy your stay. If you have any questios, feel free to ask one of us. :)

6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    What do you mean by surfing around on an official basis? :confused:

Nothing to be ashamed for. This way you get a feeling for the structur of the board, don't you? ;) :)

7. CaeliRose

Sep 5, 2005
    I meant by official that I will not have something taking up my time here at home to keep me from becoming apart of the board. Since I technically joined back in '05 and hadn't really gotten a chance to post or become part of the family since then. I'm here now and hopefully to stay! :D

8. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    '05ers are cool, I can tell you that much. :cool:

[face_whistling]

9. Cinnamon_Windu

Cinnamon_Windu Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 10, 2005
    Welcome, CaeliRose! :) Mind tricks don't work on my boyfriend. They don't on me either, so we're even. :) I see that you've posted in the party thread. If you go to the pillow fight thread, and things get too much for you there, you'll be welcome in my pillow fort, always. But for some reason I have the feeling you'd be able to hold your own there. :)

10. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    You will learn like the rest of us. That people are insane. Or like my law teacher said: "There are many people in the world, and hardly any of them are bright."-Ms.Wilson

11. Rogue_Squad_Leader-

Rogue_Squad_Leader- Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    you're too bold

12. SUGARBANTJINN

SUGARBANTJINN Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2007
    hi, calli! welcome to the boards! :) (love your icon!)

13. CaeliRose

Sep 5, 2005
    Thank you thank you...Isn't Pink Five awesome?! I'm so impatient for the next one. *perks up* Someone say pillow fights? woohoo[face_whistling]

14. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Welcome there Caeli. If you are looking for a good group to join, you should check out the Jedi Trials over in the SWC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.