main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Total Spoiler] Alderaan Destroyed

Discussion in 'Archive: Episode IV: Spoilers Allowed' started by DarthAttorney, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|

2. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    FAKE!!11!1ZOMG!1

3. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Dude that's what they said when those pics of Troopers in the senate in 3 came out, and they were real too.

4. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    It looks to me more like that beam is coming from Alderaan. See how half the planet is glowing? It must be heating up some huge generators. It looks like there's a big battle over Alderaan. Maybe the CIS joins with Bail and they build a superweapon to defend their planets. A sort of adaptation to what we see in AOTC.

EDIT: And they can't destroy Alderaan. That'd generate too much sympathy for the Rebellion in the senate. And Obi-Wan said they need the senate to back the Empire up to make it look legit. They're gonna have to tread carefully not to upset the senate which by now could be full of people like Bail.

5. DarthLowBudget

Jan 17, 2004
    I hear that glow is some kind of shield around the planet.....

At any rate, this next pic makes the whole discussion moot.....

[image=http://www.st-v-sw.net/images/Wars/Special/SF/AlderaanBlast-5rsa2.jpg]

6. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    That's way too fuzzy to be any real proof. Looks photoshoped.

7. DarthLowBudget

Jan 17, 2004
    Meh, the effects shot is still in it's rough planning stages at this point, but my contacts confirm this is an authentic shot of Episode 4!

8. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    Maybe it was protected, shielded. And what can destory it only a Imperial fleet with enough firepower could and I only see one Green shot coming out

9. DarthLowBudget

Jan 17, 2004
    Remember that big ball higny in the end of three? It was big, and it looked kind of like it had some sort of laser on it....

10. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    But wait, the big ball thingy was the shell of something. Like, it had some outside, but it was empty on the inside.

Maybe the big ball thingy surrounds Alderaan, then constricts and crushes it.

Rick McCallum loves you!

11. Siaynoqsbride

Siaynoqsbride Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2005
    C'mon, this is just ridiculous. I mean, destroying a whole planet!?! Even Lucas won't be able to pull that off.

12. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    That looks like the laser is being fired FROM Alderaan. Looks like they've become quite the military power since Episode III.

13. DarmokTheGreen

DarmokTheGreen Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2005
    I sincerely doubt that they'd destroy Alderaan in the film after they introduced it. They'd have to set the majority of Episode IV on Alderaan to give it any real impact for the casual viewer who hasn't been following the EU.

14. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Let's forget about everything everyone else has been speculating and go back and concentrate on the original spy report from DarthAttorney. It just says that Alderaan is destroyed by the Empire's "ultimate weapon" -- which best describes, if you think about the last hour of RotS, Darth Vader. So maybe it's not that the physical planet itself is destroyed, but that Darth Vader "destroys" the planet -- by cutting down every person on it with his lightsabre! :eek:

Edit: And DarthLowBudget, you might want to check the TOS, posting knowingly false information is against the rules. Yeah, I think the image of that laser shooting from Alderaan is in the film (maybe trying to take down Vader's ship before he lands?), but that explosion? Way too washed-out and grainy to possibly be a shot from a Star Wars film. Either a total fake you didn't put a lot of work into, or maybe lifted from some other movie that can't have been made past the 70s. Bad job, no way you could trick anyone with that.

-Paul

15. lrdmonarch

lrdmonarch Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2001
    Maybe the Empire invades Alderaan and Vader leads the assault. Maybe that's the site for the major battle in the movie. He might be tracking down his daughter on Alderaan and confronts Bail Organa and the two battle. That green blast might be the planetary defenses firing against the Venator or whatever type ships are approaching the planet.

16. Xeiah

Xeiah Jedi Master star 1

Sep 5, 2002
    But Alderaan is a peaceful planet, they have no waepons!!
    That's so not cool!

17. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    But why would they want to destroy Alderaan of all planets? What did they ever do to threaten anyone? I think if they should blow something up it'd be Tatooine. Vader would want to, and anyway, far too many weird things happen there. Hey, if they blow up Tatooine, maybe Beru and Owen have to run away with Luke, and Vader catches them somehow. That's be cool!

18. JohnnyRingo02

JohnnyRingo02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 17, 2006
    i think you made it up.

19. JohnnyRingo02

Mar 17, 2006
    Or do they? it looks like the beam is coming from alderaan.

P.S. Nice Sig [face_laugh]

20. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    No doubt we'll see a dramatic shot of Bail and his wife looking up at the sky right as it happens. This is Oscar winning material George is working with.

21. JohnnyRingo02

Mar 17, 2006

That looks like Kamino!

22. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    The CIS finally destroys Kamino?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.