1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Reference Totally new to this

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Shereshoy Cabur, Feb 2, 2013.

Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Master

star 3
    So I'm a college student who has a some free time every now and then. Most of the time I'll be reading the Star Wars books but sometimes I'm just not in the mood to read. I own a Mac so I can't play SWOTR unfortunately, therefore I'm looking for something to kill time with and I figured some RP in the Star Wars Universe would be a fun way to kill time. But like my thread title says, I'm totally new to this, so I was wondering how I go about to participating in RPGs, do I have to join a guild? be taken up as an apprentice? Start my character at a young age? etc and etc.

Hope to hear from someone soon and looking forward to some good RPG fun.
    Bravo, spycoder9 and Winged_Jedi like this.
  2. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    Welcome to the boards, GCK!

So how our community works is that each game is completely it's own thing - nothing's interconnected. To join a game, just read the opening post, and if you're interested, contact the GM of the game via a Conversation, and submit a CS. If they're still accepting new players they'll be glad to help you on your way.

From there, practice is key - you can get the general gist of the formatting from the other players, and while our how-to guides have, unfortunately, been the victims of a truncation error still affecting old posts following our server migration (An incredibly long and dull story), one of our regular users actually just posted some hints right here: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/rpg-tech-talk.50009145/

In addition, if you have any questions, feel free to pop by the social thread here: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...way-from-priuses-one-step-at-a-time.30855387/

We'll be glad to help!
  3. Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Master

star 3
  4. Bravo Force Ghost

star 6
  5. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    GCK, welcome to the Boards.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza