main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference Totally new to this

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Shereshoy Cabur, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013
    So I'm a college student who has a some free time every now and then. Most of the time I'll be reading the Star Wars books but sometimes I'm just not in the mood to read. I own a Mac so I can't play SWOTR unfortunately, therefore I'm looking for something to kill time with and I figured some RP in the Star Wars Universe would be a fun way to kill time. But like my thread title says, I'm totally new to this, so I was wondering how I go about to participating in RPGs, do I have to join a guild? be taken up as an apprentice? Start my character at a young age? etc and etc.

Hope to hear from someone soon and looking forward to some good RPG fun.

Bravo, spycoder9 and Winged_Jedi like this.
  2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Welcome to the boards, GCK!

So how our community works is that each game is completely it's own thing - nothing's interconnected. To join a game, just read the opening post, and if you're interested, contact the GM of the game via a Conversation, and submit a CS. If they're still accepting new players they'll be glad to help you on your way.

From there, practice is key - you can get the general gist of the formatting from the other players, and while our how-to guides have, unfortunately, been the victims of a truncation error still affecting old posts following our server migration (An incredibly long and dull story), one of our regular users actually just posted some hints right here: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/rpg-tech-talk.50009145/

In addition, if you have any questions, feel free to pop by the social thread here: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...way-from-priuses-one-step-at-a-time.30855387/

We'll be glad to help!

3. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013
    Awesome thanks!

4. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
  5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    GCK, welcome to the Boards.