Totally, Utterly, and Irretrievably OT - Thomas Dolby

Discussion in 'Washington, DC' started by LeiaAsylum, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeiaAsylum Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hi all,

I hope this isn't too much of a breach of the boards, but I have few places to turn.

Is anyone here a fan of Thomas Dolby?

I ask because he's playing a show at the Birchmere in Alex. on May 8 (tix are $22.50) and I would love to go. Sadly, my wonderful husband (who *will* go if necessary, b/c he's a great guy and all) would really truly rather not go. So if anyone here was planning to go and does not mind me tagging along to the show, please let me know.

Thanks!
    Anne
  2. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I'm not sure I can make it - but for those who haven't been, the Birchmere is a great place to see a show!
  3. Darth_Twilight Jedi Master

star 2
    Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. I'm in Anne. Oh boy I'm going to see Thomas Dolby. *bounces up and down*. He was one of my favorites in the 80s, and I still have his best of album. :)

Let me know more as you know it. :)
  4. LeiaAsylum Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey Chrissy! I found another pal to go too, so there'll be 3 of us! I bought 2 tickets just now (shoulda checked the board first - sorry!). PM me or email me at egypt anne at hot mail dot com (remove spaces and etc) if you need more info/etc!

Yay!! [face_dancing]
  5. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    My Birchmere advice: get there early. It's 1st come, 1st serve on the seats, and they let people in with numbers they start handing out at 5. All seats are good there, though.

And they have tasty food too. and it's non-smoking in the music hall area. Enjoy the show!!
  6. LeiaAsylum Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks for the advice - I've never been there, so I appreciate it! Looks like I'll be getting there early... :)
  7. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Glad to be of service! Once an event coordinator, always an event coordinator, I suppose.

They let the entire group of folks sitting together go in with whoever has the lowest number.
  8. LeiaAsylum Jedi Knight

star 2
    That's good to know too. Looks like maybe 1 person can get a number at 5 and then come back w/the rest later.

I have another question: I know the Birchmere is seated, so does that interfere w/one's wish to dance? And does it mean that some people are not facing the stage, etc?
  9. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Pretty much all the seats face the stage - it's tables, big long ones. As for dancing, apparently they're really against it, to the point of not allowing it at all - unless there's a dance floor set up. Which is the one downside to the venue. I think it depends on the show.
  10. Darth_Twilight Jedi Master

star 2
    *deep sigh* what an awesome concert. I feel like I'm 17 again. *sigh*

Boy, you all missed a great show!
  11. LeiaAsylum Jedi Knight

star 2
    I agree! What a blast. I am still riding high. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.