main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Touch the Stars (Pre-Sith Wars, OC, Vignette)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Solent, Mar 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Solent

Darth_Solent Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    Hello all, I've written this several weeks ago and decided to post it. I hope you enjoy.

<~>~<~>~<~>

Timeframe: Pre-Sith Wars
    Summary: Forming of the Jedi Code

<~>~<~>~<~>

Touch The Stars

?Jedidah, you?ve been at your desk all night. What are you doing?? My oldest sister questioned quietly as she came up behind me.

I glanced up at her from where I sat at my desk and offered her a small smile. ?Thinking. Writing,? I told her truthfully taking the cup of warm tea from her hands. Taking a sip of the drink, I inhaled the sweet smell that arose from the liquid. ?Thank you, Clotilda, and I?m sorry for worrying you,? I gave her a sheepish smile, and her musical laughter filled the room as she placed a hand on my shoulder.

?No, little brother, you don?t have me worried,? she said with a warm smile. I studied her for a moment, taking note of her fair skin, which was a slight shade of titian, for the early sunrise brushed against all within the reach of its rays. Her long, black hair was in a thick braid as she prepared for her long day in the main city Coruscant, and her royal-blue eyes were keen yet a shade of tiredness shown within them. She wore her normal tan and white dress, with her brown boots, as she was set for the long day.

?Are you leaving already?? I asked, sitting straighter in my chair.

Clotilda sat on my bed across the room and nodded, ?Yes. Everything for your study is ready,? She gestured toward the study-room with her left hand. ?And Conan is coming by to speak of his invention,? her dark eyes rolled as she spoke. She stood, ?Well, I must be going. I hope you discover whatever you want about your...ability,? she flashed me a brilliant smile, heading out the door.

?Take care of yourself, Jedi!? I heard her voice shout from the other room and I chuckled, ?Yes, sis!? Shaking my head, I focused on the paper that was on my desk then lifted my gaze upward out the window, which overlooked the silky green fields of Corusa.

Soon I heard the front door close, and my sister leave, then I dropped my eyes back on the paper. Written on it where two lines.

There is no emotion; there is peace
    There is no ignorance; there is knowledge

Sighing silently, thoughts of the power I wield trickled within my mind. It?s very unusual. Sometimes I can - sense - see things happen before they happen, or I can - lift - move objects, and I feel or I know when someone is in the room or is coming. At night sometimes vivid dreams come to me, but something deep within me whispers that they?re not just dreams, but something more as if a...vision, dare I say?

Shaking my head, I glanced away from the white paper at the cerulean morning sky that was tinted with thin clouds of soft colors - lilac, titian, and crimson -, which would soon disperse in the heat of the Corusa sun.

Dropping my gaze from the endless sky, I noted the near trees that stood alone in the wide, open, grassy field of my farm. They stood proud with their leaves fresh green and their bark dark brown. They were scattered around the field, but soon gathered at the back of it near the cool, clean river, which ran spiritedly through the fields and forests.

My eyes rose once more, and I took note of the cluster of birds soaring high and about through the air, hunting and playing. Of these violet, velvety-feathered creatures, I noticed there was one that was apart from the others. While the others flew through the skies, snatching their food and at each other, this one did things slightly differently, causing the others to isolate it.

I frowned slightly as my thoughts returned to my present state. The bird was like me in some ways. Its ?family? didn?t understand it, so they left it be, somewhat like what my family did with me, because of the unknown power in my grasp.

My family believed me a lunatic or possessed with a devil, but they were patient and willing to do whatever it took to make me see things the ?correct? way.

I didn?t understand. No one

2. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    That was fantastic.

3. Darth_Solent

Jun 25, 2002
    jacen200015 - Thank you. I'm glad you think so. :)

((Solent))

4. Velvet_Elfin

Velvet_Elfin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2002
    Wow master. This is such a great idea. and very original to. I dont think I have seen a story out there like it.

I realy enjoyed where the name Jedi came from and how the name for the force was choosen.

great story

Vely

5. Darth_Solent

Jun 25, 2002
    Velvet_Elfin - Thank you. I am glad you liked it. :)

((Solent))

6. masterobiwankenobi

masterobiwankenobi Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2003
    Great story as always. I'm glad you finally decided to post it. :) Can't wait until you post more of your great stories, I hope it's soon. :D

MOK

7. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Every generation has a legend...
    Every journey has a first step...
    Every saga has a beginning...

Although this referred to Epi I, It also fits your story. It was nice to read how a few people with something in common can join and work together. The Jedidah, oh, I mean Jedi will have to start somewhere, imagine how many strays they may pick up on the way. The code not being so literal is nice.

Coruscant with fields of grass was great! I just left a once country county for the next one over because of development.

Nice concept. I am so pleased to read more from you :)

8. Darth_Solent

Jun 25, 2002
    masterobiwankenobi: Thanks, but until I post another story you'll have patient. ;)

Altaira: imagine how many strays they may pick up... - I'm imagining quite a few. ;) I'm glad you liked the Code and Coruscant. :) Thank you for reading!

((Solent))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.