main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Touching from a distance - Garen & Obi fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Siri_Kuimini, Mar 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siri_Kuimini

Siri_Kuimini Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2003
    Title: Touching from a Distance
    Author: Siri_Kuimini
    Rating: JA, er, not too sure, PG I think.
    Summary: Garen and Obi friendship type fic. Inspired by Shaindl?s fic ?The Roads we travel shatter and split? Obi and Garen are both 17
    Disclaimor: The bearded one owns it all
    Notes: By principle I am a reader, not a writer because I hate to inflict my abysmal writing on anyone. But please read this, I was under the influence of rabid plot bunnies when I wrote it though. Next chapter soon.
    Oh and the title is a lyric from the Manchester band Joy division.

?You must be joking Garen.?
    ?I kid you not, would I ever lie to you??
    ?Probably not, but only because of the code, I?d hate to see how you?d behave if you weren?t a jedi?
    Garen raised an eyebrow suggestively.
    The two padawans were in the temples recreational space playing hoverball, the game was simple, you used your paddle to push the hovering disc towards your opponent?s goal, if it went in you gained a point. Obi Wan was losing, badly, but it was only because he was. Distracted.
    ?If you?d take your eyes off Padawan Syra you?d have daved that shot my friend?
    Obi Wan slammed the disc at Garen in answer.
    ?Ow! Touché?

Master Clee?Ra strode into the council chamber and faced the assembled masters. She bowed deeply and faced Yoda.
    ?A mission we have for you?
    ?Finally, Garen and I have been inactive for a month Master Yoda, to be honest, it?s about time?
    ?Know this we do, restless you have become, pass on this trait to your padawan you will I fear? Yoda reprimanded.
    ?Despite that,? continued Mace, ?Your impatience is, understandable, you will go to the planet Ke?la to oversee the negotiations there.?
    ?Interfere you will not? added Yoda.
    ?Understood Masters? said Clee.
    With that, and another bow, Clee left the room

2. Siri_Kuimini

Feb 6, 2003
    The hoverball game was getting heated.
    ?Next time we duel Garen, I?ll get you back?
    Garen knew that his friend was a superior fighter. But he wasn?t about to admit it.

?Yeah whatever Obi, you wouldn?t be able to reach the top of my boots? he teased.

?Right, I?m not having that? said Obi Wan as he discarded his paddle and lunged at Garen. Laughing Garen took off out of the rec room.

?Come on Shorty! Keep up!? he called to his persuer.
    Obi Wan laughed and increased his speed.
    Suddenly as Garen ran through a crossing point of two corridors he heard;
    ?Padawan!?
    Garen tried to stop, failed and skidded on the smooth floor directly into the wall. ?Master!? he exclaimed pulling himself away from the stone and rubbing the side of his face sheepishly. He could see Obi Wan hiding around the corner laughing silently.
    ?Really Garen, I?m surprised at you. Running amok in the temple is no way for a 17 year old padawan to behave. Unless,? she added, ?you were chasing a certain female padawan by the name of Clarah??
    Garen blushed, ?Er..no master?
    He saw Obi Wan double up in laughter out of the corner of his eye. You just wait till I get hold of you short-arse.
    Clee cleared her throat.
    ?Mr Kenobi if you?d like to come out here please.?
    Now Garen smirked as Obi Wan sidled around the corner, a look of complete innocence on his face. Garen rolled his eyes, ?Oh please Obi, not the butter-wouldn?t-melt-routine?
    Inevitably Obi Wan did just that, he?d had some success with this act, he didn?t know why it worked, but he wasn?t complaining, it had got him (and Garen for that matter) out of some pretty sticky situations.
    Amazingly Clee?s expression softened slightly,
    ?Oh let?s leave it shall we.?
    Garen gawped at his friend who shrugged his shoulders at him.
    ?Garen, we have been given a mission, you have to come now. Goodbye Padawan Kenobi.?
    ?Bye Obi Wan?
    ?See you Garen.?

It wasn?t a big deal. The two friends said goodbye to each other a lot, only to see each other again a few weeks later. Two months had been the longest. It never occurred to them that one day they might they?d said goodbye to each other properly.

3. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Nice fic! Poor Garen getting in trouble and all Obi Wan has to is smile, he must feekl very proud of himself but I'm not complaining. It's nice to see a Garen/Obi fic and this is done really well!

4. Siri_Kuimini

Feb 6, 2003
    Always wanted to self-up....

UP!

5. Siri_Kuimini

Feb 6, 2003
    And again! Next chapter tmw

6. tolwin

tolwin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    *delurks*
    wow this one's gone a long while with no replies. I figure it could use an up. :D Hope a post is comming soon

7. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    ?Really Garen, I?m surprised at you. Running amok in the temple is no way for a 17 year old padawan to behave. Unless,? she added, ?you were chasing a certain female padawan by the name of Clarah??
    Garen blushed, ?Er..no master?
    He saw Obi Wan double up in laughter out of the corner of his eye. You just wait till I get hold of you short-arse.
    Clee cleared her throat.
    ?Mr Kenobi if you?d like to come out here please.?
    Now Garen smirked as Obi Wan sidled around the corner, a look of complete innocence on his face. Garen rolled his eyes, ?Oh please Obi, not the butter-wouldn?t-melt-routine?
    Inevitably Obi Wan did just that, he?d had some success with this act, he didn?t know why it worked, but he wasn?t complaining, it had got him (and Garen for that matter) out of some pretty sticky situations.
    Amazingly Clee?s expression softened slightly,
    ?Oh let?s leave it shall we.?
    Garen gawped at his friend who shrugged his shoulders at him.

:D Well, we all know why that routine works, even if Obi doesn't. Its because he is so adorable/hot/cute/innocent looking of course! [face_love] Nice fic so far, except the end of that last chapter included some serious foreshadowing, and it was sort of dark and sad. :( I can't wait for another post from you, you are doing well on this story so far! :)

8. Siri_Kuimini

Feb 6, 2003
    I will be adding the next part soon, but at the moment I'm doing my A level exams and they're kind of all I think about at the moment...I'm just surprised ANYONE likes it.

9. kasiaskywalker

kasiaskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2002
    :D
    good posts
    UUUUUUUUP!

10. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    HEY! I THINK I'M OFFENDED!

A fic inspired by mine and you didn't even tell me about it?!? The nerve! :D

(Truly, I am just kidding!)

I love the friendship you're portraying here, Siri, and that last line is terribly ominous. I'm looking forward to finding out what happens next - somehow, I've got a bad feeling about this...

Shaindl

PS: What an incredible compliment to know that something I've written has inspired somebody else to write! Thank you! :)

11. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    EDIT: damn double posts! :)

12. tolwin

tolwin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    if 30+ days fits your definition of soon, i'd hate to wait for what you would call a really long time. :D just kidding :D This story could use an up.

13. Siri_Kuimini

Feb 6, 2003
    *cringes*

I now have no excuse, and will continue this story asap as I now am doing nothing more than a ridiculously boring summer job....

Thanks Shaindl...any kind of compliment from you is unbelieveably amazing so...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.