main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Tour de Force - Chap. 5 "Iolana's Innocence" (Humor) *New Post!!*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Miana Kenobi, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    LOL! That's great! HEheheheh this is so awesome. Love it :) Title was perfect :)

2. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Groan at that last line. :p

Sorry about your computer problems. Sarae didn't accomplish her task. Poor thing ;)

3. Crazydan

Crazydan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2005
    Gee, gotta love Anakin's pun about Sarae's shortcoming ;).

I wonder if that was a reference to Luke Skywalker "being too short to be a stormtrooper"?

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Luney - :D Thanks. *Pats self on the back for the title*

Mommy - Groan at that last line. LOL! Aye, it's very groan worthy.

Sarae didn't accomplish her task. Poor thing

Hehehe, poor Saraé indeed. ;)

Crazydan - I wonder if that was a reference to Luke Skywalker "being too short to be a stormtrooper"? That was indeed where I got the idea from! :) Thanks for catching that!

Thanks for reading, to all of you! :D

5. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Now that was classic! I loved Palpatine's protest of Anakin cheating. Like he wouldn't if he had the chance! :p

Saraé's Shortcoming indeed! :D

6. TrinityDay

TrinityDay Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 6, 2000
    These are great so far! Very funny and very enjoyable to read.

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    mouse - Now that was classic! I loved Palpatine's protest of Anakin cheating. Like he wouldn't if he had the chance!

LOL, thanks. I'm tempted to let Palpatine win one... but that wouldn't be very fun. ;)

TrinityDay - These are great so far! Very funny and very enjoyable to read.

Thanks! :D

8. Riin

Riin Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2000
    *Snicker* :) These are too fun.

Are they perchance inspired by the LoTR/Silmarillion fic on ff.n? There is one with the same premise(sp?), where Morgoth is playing with various Vala and Fëanor&co.

9. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Riin, yep. Limyaael (Who wrote Game of the Gods) told me to go for it when I asked if I could spin off. :D

And okay... who the heck voted for this? Does this mean I actually have to update? :p

10. Exxaciel

Exxaciel Jedi Master star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    "dead" giveaway...ha!

11. Crazydan

Crazydan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2005
    Hooray, I thought this story disappeared. So what are the chances of it being updated? :D

12. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Updated... eh. I dunno. Let me continue to try to find my muse, and I might get something up. :p

13. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Shortcomings! [face_laugh] Those were all good but that one has really got my sides aching! :D :_|

14. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    [face_laugh] That was awesome! More soon? :p

15. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    And okay... who the heck voted for this? Does this mean I actually have to update?

[face_whistling] and yes!

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    :p Evil mouse. ;)

Well, I got a new muse in NZ. I'm currently chugging away and trying to finish up some older fics, but I will try to get a new post written soon. :)

17. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Sorry it's taken so long. I hope this atones for some of it!

Edna's Error

"Just face it, old man, you're no good at this game."

Palpatine glared at Anakin Skywalker. He hid his eyes behind his cards once more, resisting the temptation to main Skywalker. Not that it would help, he mused. We're already dead.

"I'm not getting any deader," Anakin taunted from across the table.

"For goodness sake, man, let me choose!" Palpatine glared at his cards once more. So far his choices had all been bad. The Sues just seemed unable to survive period. Yet Palpatine was not a man who easily gave up. His eyes wandered across a card with a much simpler situation. A short, squat woman with black hair peered up at him. A sly smile curled onto his lip as he placed the card down on the table.

Edna Puyms crouched down low behind an empty container. Since she had snuck aboard the Star Destroyer she had had nothing but bad luck. She had almost been discovered four times, had had nothing to eat, and had not found a perfect place to hide. Her last escape only came because asteroids had shaken the ship so badly that she was able to run for cover before anyone took notice.

I bet the Empire wishes they had me at the helm of this ship. I've piloted dozens of ships through asteroid fields before! Edna was the Rebellion's greatest pilot; even better than Luke Skywalker or Han Solo. Only, she had never flown with the two "heroes" due to her newest assignment of infiltrating an Imperial Star Destroyer and relaying back the plans to the Rebellion.

At 22, Edna had withstood many hardships in her life. She had never known her parents; they had been killed by a Separatist raid on her home planet of Dantooine during the Clone Wars. She grew up in an orphan's home where she learned how to take care of herself and survive. The Rebellion had welcomed her into their embrace upon learning what an extraordinary pilot and spy she was. Lately, she had been acting as a spy, but she longed to get back into the cockpit of a fighter once more. Her boyfriend Wedge missed her too, she was sure.

She heard footsteps, ducking down low once more.

"The fleet has moved out of the asteroid field. We are preparing to launch into hyperspace."

"Any signs of the Millennium Falcon?'

"No sir. It seems to have vanished."

"Hmm. I wouldn't want to be the one to tell Lord Vader that."

The men chuckled then continued walking.

She was upset that he did not specify where they were going; she would just have to wait and find out. She muffled a laugh at the report that Solo had gotten away again. She knew his tactic; he was either right above their noses where they couldn't see him, or he had leapt into hyperspace and was halfway across the galaxy by now.

She saw a large room with an open door nearby. Inside were dozens of empty containers and other bits of rubbish. Garbage, she thought with a smile. A perfect place to hide. She peered over her current hiding spot to ensure that no one was coming, then made a dash for the room. Containers were scattered everywhere, but she managed to find one large enough to fit herself in. She crawled inside one and pulled the lid down tight.

She began to sort out her plans; when the ship came out of hyperspace, she would sneak out and try to learn of their whereabouts. No doubt the Rebellion would be grateful to learn where the enemy was moving to. After that, she would...

BAM!

Edna froze. It sounded as if the door has closed. She let out a sign of relief at the thought. They were probably just preparing to launch into hyperspace. No doubt she would be able to open it, even if it required her slicing into the computer. She was quite a good slicer; the Rebellion often commended her for her slicing abilities. She could slice into anything.

The ship made a groaning noise. Getting ready to launch, she reminded herself with a smile. Soon we'll be in hy

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I think the best part is that I really don't remember writing that at 3 am... But hey, it's a post! ;)

19. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    *giggles madly*

Guess she doesn't know all after all. :p

20. Darth_Skywalker2

Darth_Skywalker2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2004
    haha that was really funny. I'm looking forward to more of the board game and the little romance that is brewing :)

21. jess_squared

jess_squared Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Oh, good.. You fixed the nit-picky errors.. Hehe. Very nice. I enjoy this little set of short stories very much.

Oooh, and I promise to delurk more in the future... Hehe. :)

22. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    [face_laugh] This is awesome, Mi. I have to add my appreciation to the "dying to say something" and "dead giveaway" lines earlier. :p Keep us laughing, loving and linking! There ought to be an LOTR version of this in which Mary Sues get annihilated by the dozen. :D

23. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    With that, the hatch to the outside opened and the Imperial Starship dumped Edna's container and the rest of its garbage into the abyss of space.

I couldn't think of a better thing to happen to her! What a wonderful surprise to see you posting on this again! [face_dancing]

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Yubs - LOL.. indeed!
    DS2 - Thanks bro. :D And GAH! NO ROMANCE! :p
    jess - Thanks for the quick beta. And thanks! :D
    Seb - Hehe, thanks! And there is! In the first post, I link to "The Game of the Gods," which is a LotR MS-killing spree. Great story.
    mouse - Thanks babe! :D

25. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Never hide in the garabage in the GFFA. You'll either meet a dianoga or get spaced. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.